Sponsored

Rumor Alert - MY22 gets 3.0 V6 Ecoboost option + Army Green, Grabber Yellow colors

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wait, that's what you heard? I heard they were going to be shrinking the engine down to 1.6L, but that it would still make well over 750 bhp. Still a v6, but only a single turbo, here's a spy shot of it:

Ford Bronco Rumor Alert - MY22 gets 3.0 V6 Ecoboost option + Army Green, Grabber Yellow colors 1616686844965
Sponsored

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer provided a top secret spy photo of the new motor as well as the output specs.
3.0L V-6 twin turbo. 750hp & 680lbft torque. EPA rated at 55mpg highway and 48mpg in town. Fully warrantied for 250k miles regardless of any mods. The complete package weighs in at 125 lbs. This will be a game changer.

Ford Bronco Rumor Alert - MY22 gets 3.0 V6 Ecoboost option + Army Green, Grabber Yellow colors 1616686844965
This is the kind of 'facts' we need.

No more of this bullshit 'my dealer said' with out hard cold evidence.

Photos or it didn't happen!

Thank you Silver-bolt for being hero needed and deserved.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly I would never see myself waiting for an engine that is only slightly bigger and would have virtually no power difference, if any felt at all. If I really wanted a bigger engine, I would just do a coyote swap.
Hahaha. The 2.7 F150 is already faster than the Coyote F-150.

So what you're saying is that in lieu of an engine that develops A HUNDRED MORE HORSEPOWER with no other change to weight or vehicle dynamics, you'd swap in an engine that stock-for-stock is already slower, because the engine that makes a hundred more horsepower has "virtually no power difference."

confused.gif

Khayze427

Badlands
First Name
Hayes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm calling BS. I don't see Ford putting anything bigger than the 2.7 in it. Since its basicallt the same frame as the Ranger. And that only has a 2.3L ecoboost. I don't see Ford squeezing an engine 2 sizes up in the same frame. Have you seen how little room the 3.5L ecoboost has in the F150? No way that will fit in a Bronco.
“... The 3.0-liter version of the engine was created by increasing the 2.7-liter's cylinder bore in the CGI-block from 83.0 millimeters to 85.3, and by lengthening piston stroke by 3.0 millimeters (to 86.0). [67]

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hahaha. The 2.7 F150 is already faster than the Coyote F-150.

So what you're saying is that in lieu of an engine that develops A HUNDRED MORE HORSEPOWER with no other change to weight or vehicle dynamics, you'd swap in an engine that stock-for-stock is already slower, because the engine that makes a hundred more horsepower has "virtually no power difference."

confused.gif
Thus is the allure of the V8 to some. I don't care if it makes less power, costs more, is heavier or uses more gas or all of the above, it's a V8. 😄
Ford Bronco Rumor Alert - MY22 gets 3.0 V6 Ecoboost option + Army Green, Grabber Yellow colors V8-Original-5.5oz

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
something to consider ... the 2.7 is direct and port injected and the 3.0 is only direct injected. I don't understand why Ford did not add port injection to the 3.0 when it was essentially already there on the 2.7.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The one question mark: if Heritage Edition is just white top, grill and wheels, why prototype test it? There was something on that Heritage Edition that required testing... may have been manSquatch, but also may have been drive train changes (3.0?)
You figured it out - Heritage Edition will have a 300ci I-6 and 3-on-a-tree manual!

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It would seem for production efficiency and considering economies of scale the Bronco will share an engine option with the F150.

So it would stand to reason that as long as the F150 offers the 2.7 so will the Bronco.

When the F150 replaces the 2.7 with something else the Bronco would probably follow.

Sponsored

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yep and the door cup nets would be deleted.
It’s shocking to me in a culture of creature comforts that it only has 2 cup holders. My 97 expedition had 4 just for the front seat alone.

Geez

Wildtrak
First Name
geez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang gt 2016 mustang gt 2017 ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey Guys and Girls, I have received information from a dealer out by me in Long Island NY .The Sales manager said people who wait until MY22 will the option for the bigger V6 ecoboost and two more colors to the line up. (army green,Grabber Yellow ). Now Ive been on this forum regularly and been following Bronco Nation I have not heard a damn thing about this. If anybody heard anything like this please share.

PS my reservation is not with this Dealership. Was there my buddy was pickIng up a pre-own Fusion
ford has already stated that the 3.5 liter wont fit in this variation of the bronco. Probably for the warthog.

JNev

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 Jeep GC SRT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Smells like bullshit. I can see the Warthog being green and having the 3.0 but there’s no way they’d already be dropping a larger motor into the bronco.
I have a feeling that the engine would be for the Warthog only.

First Name
BRONCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey Guys and Girls, I have received information from a dealer out by me in Long Island NY .The Sales manager said people who wait until MY22 will the option for the bigger V6 ecoboost and two more colors to the line up. (army green,Grabber Yellow ). Now Ive been on this forum regularly and been following Bronco Nation I have not heard a damn thing about this. If anybody heard anything like this please share.

PS my reservation is not with this Dealership. Was there my buddy was pickIng up a pre-own Fusion
It could be true, the 3.0 is based on the 2.7 engine and makes massive HP numbers for the size but lower torque numbers, but a trade off would be better MPG as far as I know of the 3.0 engine.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll give $25 for your left eyeball. :alien:
Come on man, its gotta be worth atleast a couple hundred. No lasik, never needed glasses, and I eat plenty carrots. Its a damn good eye.
Sponsored