Sponsored

Rumormill fullsize bronco in the future.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Expedition is the old fat full-size Bronco, They just changed the name after a certain low-speed chase in the 90s.

1602569419554.jpeg

1602569466877.png

1602569496983.jpeg
I remember seeing this bad boy EX at SEMA in 2018. Man it was the tits!

FB_IMG_1602601918503.jpg
Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe they should just drop the Expedition and the Explorer entirely and replace all their SUVs with different versions of the Bronco.

Add a 2 door and 4 door based off the F150, add a high performance Raptor version, then make a Bronco XL based off the Super Duty.

Broncos for everyone!

The "Bronco" brandname is a money-maker. "Expedition"? Meh.

Ford needs to find a way to cut into that market share of all those Yukons and Tahoes and Suburbans everywhere.
I have a good feeling that the Tahoe/Suburban market share is about to take a precipitous fall. The only thing that made the Suburbsn/Tahoe special has been lost and the 2021 looks like a minivan that was stung by a bee. No respectable man would drive the 2021 Suburb/Tahoe; this is coming from a lifelong fan of GM full-size SUVs including the Suburban/Tahoe.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A full sized Bronco and the Sport can serve as bookends for a complete series of Broncos.
When you say it like that, it actually makes sense. The thing we have to look at is what platform could Ford use to make it. Sport shares with Escape, Bronco shares with ranger so that means a full size would most likely either share with the Explorer or F-150 depending on how big they want to go

Right there with you. No kids at home any more, no need for three rows, but, a two door full size, yes! This would make me leave an Expedition on the dealers lot.
That I don't get and I don't think I ever will lol. I have never understood the appeal of a full size SUV with two doors lol.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a good feeling that the Tahoe/Suburban market share is about to take a precipitous fall. The only thing that made the Suburbsn/Tahoe special has been lost and the 2021 looks like a minivan that was stung by a bee. No respectable man would drive the 2021 Suburb/Tahoe; this is coming from a lifelong fan of GM full-size SUVs including the Suburban/Tahoe.
I saw a Z71 tahoe in Chicago beginning of this year they are super nice. Finally saw one in town. Best looking tahoe is def the Z71 I think but they are super expensive. They are family wagons tho. Way to big for something I'd ever need unless I'm going to full time travel wanted the space. I can't also force myself pay 65-70k for a vehicle though.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree 100%. I passed a new Tahoe the other day and did a double take, looked at driver and it was a dude and I made that expression like "yikes". Thinking, why would he buy that? He didnt see me or anything, but that was the first time I had seen one and that was just my instinctive reaction. Looks like a big crossover. Not good.

I had a Suburban years ago, a 1997 K2500 4x4 with the big block 454 7.4L. That thing was a beast and I loved it, but traded for my 7.3L diesel Ex, which I dont regret at all.

Sponsored

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's been pretty well-established that the vehicle size and engine offerings have more to do with EPA emissions standards, not consumer demand. I had understood that car manufacturers have to balance large-block engine vehicle sales against "green" vehicles to meet EPA quotas, or face stiff regulatory penalties come 2026. With Ford's large commercial/fleet segment, we'll be seeing fewer and fewer Expeditions and consumer heavy-duty vehicles going forward, and they will command steep prices.

Last edited:

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

10/10 would buy if body on frame design allowed easy removal of doors and roof could come off. that...that is sexy. I give bonus points for a matte tan or green finish
I'd 100% buy that in a two door. I love the 90s two door big boys. I fell in love with a boxwood green 2- door Eddie B with I was 16. Back when you could still find them used in good shape about 7k.(btw is was 16 around 1998) the good old days! I'd also love to have the back window roll down on the tailgate I love that feature. I always thought that was cool toyota keeps up with that on their trucks and 4Runners.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's been pretty well-established that the vehicle size and engine offerings have more to do with EPA emissions standards, not consumer demand. I had understood that car manufacturers have to balance large-block engine vehicle sales against "green" vehicles to meet EPA quotas, or face stiff regulatory penalties come 2026. With Ford's large commercial/fleet segment, we'll be seeing fewer and fewer Expeditions and consumer heavy-duty vehicles going forward.
Plus gotta remember California wants to wipe out gas powered car/trucks/suvs all together by some year! ? CA is crazy. No offense to any californians in the group!

Sponsored

Datoad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Jeep LJ Rubicon, 17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard a rumor about ford gauging interest on a "full size" bronco based off the f150 or super duty. Part of it being that people are pining for an excursion. So a 2 and 4 door variant with 3rd row seating and solid axles. Has anybody else has heard this or is it just in a small circle of people I know? I for one would love it. 4 door monster that can pull 10k all day. SIGN ME UP.
I have to believe Ford is “gauging interest” in just about every type of vehicle it can think of that will make money for the people who own the company, the stockholders.

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It may be interesting to see if the full size Wagoneer takes off..

Jeep Wagoneer.png

Datoad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Jeep LJ Rubicon, 17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plus gotta remember California wants to wipe out gas powered car/trucks/suvs all together by some year! ? CA is crazy. No offense to any californians in the group!
No offense taken, I am crazy.... just not the same crazy as the majority of the voters.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No offense taken, I am crazy.... just not the same crazy as the majority of the voters.
Well I feel your pain honestly things like that I'm in IL we seem to follow suite of whatever CA decides. Hoping that change soon tho!
Sponsored