- First Name
- Jan 27, 2015
- Reaction score
An article from Gearpatrol purports to reveal some new Ford Bronco details directly from a Ford Engineer familiar with the development of the 2020/2021 Bronco. Here's the summary of the claimed details:
- Bronco is in 3rd design phase (typically, there's only one phase). Another design study has been commissioned because it looks too much like a Wrangler.
- Basic concept is that it will look like a Ford Troller with 4 doors
- No 2 door version because "there's just no market for it"
- Removable modular roof that comes off in three sections (only top section removable, not back)
- "They want it comparable [to the Wrangler] in every way, except rock crawling."
- Will meet water wading depth requirements of 500mm
- Raptor Bronco is not in the works yet
- Powerplant will be similar to the 325 horsepower 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 found in Fusion
- Hybrid version being discussed
- Starting price in the $30,000 range
- Still on track for 2020 release