JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://www.automobilemag.com/news/exclusive-ford-bronco-pickup-coming-battle-jeep-gladiator/

Haven't seen this discussed, few hours old. Couldn't locate anything on sources. And they say 4-door only, and 2024 build date.

But this is very good news if this is true, because there would need to be some significant similarities in common with the Bronco SUV for it to carry the Bronco name, but yet enough differences to differentiate it from the 4-door ranger which would be based on the same frame.

So, what differences are we talking about?

Removable doors?
Removable pickup top?
Suspension differences? (Maybe SFA, long travel suspensions, etc??)
Sponsored

OP
OP
JimmyDean

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
JimmyDean

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fuck yes. That’s all I gotta say about that.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Auto Forecast Solutions. Joe somethingorother. I've seen a couple of his TV interviews, they're literally a video chat from his kitchen in front of a laptop. I'm almost curious enough to pull his corporate tax returns, I wonder if he's anything more than an Internet expert with a passable website and a few marketing people.

It's a bold prediction, not sure I'd bet much money on ever seeing a 4-door Bronco-based pickup in a showroom. My guess is, if there IS anything to it, Ford figures they can have some interns practice their CAD doodling of a Bronco pickup bed while corporate monitors Gladiator's sales figures. If it's a market worth going after (I have my doubts) they can take the next step; if not, the interns used some free oxygen and cheap electrons, so corporate can afford to get them a little "participant" plaque for their trouble.

I'm curious myself about Gladiator's sales figures. While it looks cool, it also appears to be a solution in search of a problem.

Vegas_Sirk

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
While I hope its true as the new Gladiator is awesome (just terrible engine choices), it would be weird to have a Bronco based truck when they are going to have a Raptor Ranger. The only thing I can think of is the Bronco Midsize is more rock crawler and the Raptor Ranger is desert racer.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't believe this is going anywhere development wise until the Bronco has a year of sales under its belt.

The Ranger isn't exactly a sales leader, and they already have two other mid/small sized pickups on the drawing board for 20-23 (new Ranger and Courier). This is probably just wild speculation.

ETA: The one way I see a "pickup Bronco" as a possiblity is if that is someones interpretation of what the back end of the 'normal' Bronco looks like -- i.e. a small open cargo area with a tailgate ... just like EBs and FSBs had.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This nonsense story sure took off like wildfire. Half the articles can't even get the "source" cited correctly, but half a dozen of them poped up in a couple hours. I guess that's what happens when you don't tell anyone anything about a hotly anticipated product. The "journalists" will just make **** up to get clicks.

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well that seems like a really cool idea but I'll believe it when I see it. This makes less sense then a full size Bronco Raptor though. Still really cool. I would hope its shorter then the Gladiator. The Gladiator is way too long IMO. I wish Ford would make a single cab version like the concept Jeep did. That makes much more sense to me as a Bronco vehicle but of course I'm sure the four door would sell more. This all seems like speculation but if Ford is not going to make cars anymore then why not make a bunch of different trucks. I'm all for it.

This but a Bronco please
Jeep-J6-Concept-2.jpg

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OK Tough guy. You aren't in a 90's political thriller.
What sounds "tough guy" about that? I suspect the guy is little more than an Internet pundit, no more knowledgeable than some of the folks posting here. Just slightly curious if his company is making seven figures on legitimate consulting to the industry, or if he takes home $40k a year in his spare time sitting at the kitchen table dreaming up headlines.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well, someone trusts his knowledge:

AFS Presenting at AutoVision 2018 in Lexington, Kentucky

AFS is honored to be invited to be the Key Note Speaker at this year's AutoVision 2018 in Lexington, Kentucky on August 14th, 2018.

Seminar: The Global Automotive Outlook - The Evolving Competitive Landscape

Joe McCabe, President & CEO of AutoForecast Solutions LLC will be speaking at 12:15p on August 14th. The volatility in today's automotive market has reached new heights. Come hear his perspective on the trends shaping the current and future automotive landscape.
Sponsored