Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see anything new in that one.

Let's pretend the consulting firm wants to burn bridges with Ford by giving away their future model plans --- That would mean Ford had two 'pickups' the same size on the same frame. The only way I see that making any sense is if there is some kind of significant functional or mechanical difference between them like the Bronco getting solid axles and coil springs, while the Ranger carried on with current architecture.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope you are correct.

Let’s not forget though that Ford did sell the Ranger and Explorer Sport Trac simultaneously. And that was before they dropped all their cars and went all in on trucks.

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
When and if the bronco p/u ever sees the light of day i’ll Be playing bingo at a nursing home and sucking oatmeal thru a straw in my dirty underware

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope you are correct.

Let’s not forget though that Ford did sell the Ranger and Explorer Sport Trac simultaneously. And that was before they dropped all their cars and went all in on trucks.
True but they were built on different platforms. That's what stampede was referring too. It makes no sense to make two separate trucks on the same platform. (Even the Mazda rebadge Ranger was almost identical. )

Sponsored

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're right, I forgot all about the first generation Sport Trak. I was thinking about the second generation Sport Trak with it's independent rear suspension. That was quit a bit different.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not true. Rangers, Explorers, and Bronco IIs are all very closely related, and many parts interchange between them. The First gen Sport Tracs are definitely closely related to the Ranger. The second gen Sport Trac/third gen Explorer diverged significantly from the Ranger, but I believe even they were still somewhat based on the Ranger.

A Bronco pickup certainly wouldn't be straying too far from the Sport Trac precedent, especially if it is only offered in a crew cab with a midget bed a la Gladiator as well. Just hope it is more similar to a present day Gladiator rather than the Sport Trac in the way of actual ruggedness and capability.
I'm thinking exactly the opposite. The original Ranger was not offered with a crew cab, hence the Sport Trac. The new Ranger is only offered as a SCAB-SCREW so how about a regular cab Bronco pick up? Since the Bronco is supposed to have a removeable top, it would be easy to build as a half cab al a original Bronco. If built on a 105-110 inch wheelbase a two door/four door/half cab could be built on one chassis.

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
A Single Cab Bronco P'Up With A Short Bed Is The Only Way To Go. Does The Gladiator Have One Hell No! But They Wish They Did. Then Ford Can Say "We Got What You Don't Got" Then Ford Will Be Cooking With Grease....

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I Saw A Gladiator The other day That S.O.B.Was SO Square I All Most Cut My Self Looks Likes A Armadila Trap

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just build The Single Half Cab P’ Up and be done with that. SCOOTER!

Sponsored

teejayhoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
^Hey John, it looks like English might not be your first language, so here are some tips to help make your posts better in the future.
  • Capitalize the First Word of a Sentence
  • Capitalize Names and Other Proper Nouns
  • Don’t Capitalize After a Colon (Usually)
  • Capitalize the First Word of a Quote (Sometimes)
  • Capitalize Days, Months, and Holidays, But Not Seasons
  • Capitalize Most Words in Titles
  • Capitalize Cities, Countries, Nationalities, and Languages
  • Capitalize Time Periods and Events (Sometimes)
In general, aside from the above rules, you shouldn't capitalize a word. Sentences where every word is capitalized make it difficult to read.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
^Hey John, it looks like English might not be your first language, so here are some tips to help make your posts better in the future.
  • Capitalize the First Word of a Sentence
  • Capitalize Names and Other Proper Nouns
  • Don’t Capitalize After a Colon (Usually)
  • Capitalize the First Word of a Quote (Sometimes)
  • Capitalize Days, Months, and Holidays, But Not Seasons
  • Capitalize Most Words in Titles
  • Capitalize Cities, Countries, Nationalities, and Languages
  • Capitalize Time Periods and Events (Sometimes)
In general, aside from the above rules, you shouldn't capitalize a word. Sentences where every word is capitalized make it difficult to read.

Will we be graded on this? If there are going to be rules and grammar shaming towards anybody on this site I’m out of here..
Funny how you spend all day emailing customers, preparing business documents, and writing up sales quotes just to come home and find somebody busting somebody's balls over the use of capitals on a site you hang out on just to relax..
Piss on punctuality, it’s a forum not an essay. Nobody wants to pull up spell checker or have to proof read their shit here.

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’VE SEEN MEN WITH LITTLE SMARTS WRITE. BIG CHECKS

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Via Automobile

EXCLUSIVE: Ford Bronco Pickup Coming to Battle Jeep Gladiator!
The new Bronco just keeps getting better and better.

July 15, 2020

Ford is planning to launch a pickup truck based on the 2021 Bronco SUV to compete with the just-minted Jeep Gladiator. The Ford Bronco pickup truck is scheduled for production in July 2024, according to AutoForecast Solutions, which indicates design and engineering began no more than a few months before the Jeep pickup launched. That launch date would be well within the lifecycle of the upcoming 2021 Bronco, a Ranger-based Jeep Wrangler competitor. Another source notes that with both a Ranger Raptor (based on the next-generation of that midsize pickup) and the Focus-based unibody 2021 Ford Courier on the way, he doesn't expect the Bronco pickup earlier than calendar 2022.

Unlike the 1960s Bronco, which for a time was available as a small, two-door single-cab pickup alongside with the better-known SUV version, the new Bronco-based pickup will certainly come exclusively as a four-door double cab, and among our sources has evoked memories of the Explorer SportTrac models. That means we might expect a shorter bed behind the cab than the one fitted to the Gladiator. We can also probably expect to see some of the other Bronco SUV features that have been uncovered/confirmed appear on the pickup, including this available engine, an available hybrid powertrain, this reconfigurable top, and these removable doors. Like the Wrangler, the new Bronco SUV will also be available as a two-door version.

Naturally, Ford will base the pickup truck on the upcoming body-on-frame '21 Bronco expected after mid-2020, not the Escape-based unibody "baby Bronco" (possibly called Bronco Scout) scheduled to make its premiere a bit earlier. The '21 Ford Bronco likely will be built on some version of the next-generation Ranger's bones, one source says, and will join that pickup in Michigan's Wayne Assembly Plant. The new-for-2019 North American Ford Ranger was adapted from a global version of the midsize pickup after a seven-model-year hiatus, although it was heavily reworked to meet our market's demanding truck standards. Ford has been adamant that it will not design a Raptor version of the current North American Ranger (there is a current Ranger Raptor in other markets), though Raptor versions of the new Bronco and its pickup derivative are highly likely, probably within a year after each standard model's launch.
Sponsored