First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've used the search without luck. Just wanted to know if, on the two door, you can remove the rear part of the top and just run the front panels.
Sponsored

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I imagine you could do it once. For a very short distance.

I suspect however you’ll end up feeling like either mayhem from the Allstate commercials or a “wanna get away?” moment for Southwest Airlines.

OP
OP
BottleShark

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do they only lock on the rear part of the top?

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Do they only lock on the rear part of the top?
there is 1 hook clip thing on the front outer corner and then 3 other sliding clip pieces that essentially just hold The pannel in place. Could It be done? Probably as the two panels would probably hold each other in place…. That said I would NOT recommend attempting this.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In theory it’s possible. I’ve never seen it done but worst case you take the rear off and slap the two front panels back on and give it a push/tug. It’s only losing the center anchoring points along the seam of the rear shell so I doubt it’s really going to go anywhere. The odd question is why though

Sponsored

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

In theory it’s possible. I’ve never seen it done but worst case you take the rear off and slap the two front panels back on and give it a push/tug. It’s only losing the center anchoring points along the seam of the rear shell so I doubt it’s really going to go anywhere. The odd question is why though
im assuming sun protection while driving. He needs to just get a bikini top and call it a day.

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The odd question is why though
From my recollection, all the old Broncos of yore only had the rear shell removeable, the front top was like a pickup truck roof and remained in place. I, too, prefer the old school option than the newer version.

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Run front roof panel without rear. 65ED8FE0-AA68-4256-8866-E822BA393C88

Ford Bronco Run front roof panel without rear. 21AB8113-CF26-4DC0-B506-D8F5A69D771D
Enough support to climb out of a hole. While this is a 4-door, same concept. I guess it’s just the guide pins and the pressure from the twist locks holding it in place. Trying to remember if the 2nd row has guide pins and I wonder if it would be as secure. I’d too would like the option to run front panels or 1st and 2nd row. You’d think there could be a bracket to install to hold it securely.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've used the search without luck. Just wanted to know if, on the two door, you can remove the rear part of the top and just run the front panels.
We anxiously await for your video of the experience.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Since the rear of the front panels connects to the rear or mid panel on 4 dr and not the roll cage I would think the rear of the panel being loose would not only rattle but rub paint and could eventually even cause damage to the front latch points....unless you bungee the back over some padding along the cage for measure

Since I only have a softtop the above is pure speculation

Sponsored

PhilS

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why not just use a Bimini top and not worry about hard to replace hard top sections blowing out on the highway?

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since the rear of the front panels connects to the rear or mid panel on 4 dr and not the roll cage I would think the rear of the panel being loose would not only rattle but rub paint and could eventually even cause damage to the front latch points....unless you bungee the back over some padding along the cage for measure

Since I only have a softtop the above is pure speculation
The front hatches connect to the roll cage. There are four points of contact. Three slide locks and a guide pin lock. You lose only one when you remove the rear hatch. It’s been a while but I remember them being really secure even without mid-sections in place. I would be surprised they’d fly off honestly. The panels nest with each other more than they structurally lock to each other anyways

Ford Bronco Run front roof panel without rear. 28B58CEA-2C9F-41D3-B71C-F529CD1EB172

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At low speed you can probably get away with any weird configuration you want to try.

At high speed it would not surprise me if some turbulent back current would lift the front panels and apply enough force to cause problems.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As people have stated and it has been demonstrated, you can run front panels only off-road but Ford advises against it on road and definitely a big no at highway speeds.

However, I think a bracket could easily be fabricated that bolts/clamps/secures the rear of the front (or middle) panel to the rollbar that would make it safe(r) for travel at highway speeds.

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As people have stated and it has been demonstrated, you can run front panels only off-road but Ford advises against it on road and definitely a big no at highway speeds.

However, I think a bracket could easily be fabricated that bolts/clamps/secures the rear of the front (or middle) panel to the rollbar that would make it safe(r) for travel at highway speeds.
Someone @Mabett or @JcrOffroad needs to fabricate a bracket for both the 4D and 2 DR. I want the old school Bronco look.
Sponsored