Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have ran my 4 door with just the fronts and mid down the freeway at 80+ to try it and there was no problems. Work really well and looks awesome. I was going to buy a bimini but there is no need.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BottleShark

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why not just use a Bimini top and not worry about hard to replace hard top sections blowing out on the highway?
I don’t want the flapping.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was looking at this a few days ago - a bracket would be easy to make from a steel bar that bolts into the same holes as the back hardtop cap bolts into. It would lock in the panel just like the back cap.
I can't weld or work with steel much - but someone that could can get this made in less than an hour, including measuring, fabricating, and painting.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Also very interested in this topic. Would love to have this option to leave the back shell at home and have the hard top pieces over the front.

OP
OP
BottleShark

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was looking at this a few days ago - a bracket would be easy to make from a steel bar that bolts into the same holes as the back hardtop cap bolts into. It would lock in the panel just like the back cap.
I can't weld or work with steel much - but someone that could can get this made in less than an hour, including measuring, fabricating, and painting.
Also very interested in this topic. Would love to have this option to leave the back shell at home and have the hard top pieces over the front.
I have a build date the first of next month. Once I get my Bronco, I'll build one and made a video about it.

Sponsored

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
BottleShark

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
😂 I figured out on my 2 door, I can run the front panels without the rear. No issues, no rattling or anything. They are tight and I even tried to pull them and no way they come off. The front lock holds them perfectly in place.

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

😂 I figured out on my 2 door, I can run the front panels without the rear. No issues, no rattling or anything. They are tight and I even tried to pull them and no way they come off. The front lock holds them perfectly in place.
until that semi passes in a 2 lane creating massive uplift!
Still would love to see a bracket that allows front row panels to be anchored.

OP
OP
BottleShark

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
until that semi passes in a 2 lane creating massive uplift!
Still would love to see a bracket that allows front row panels to be anchored.
I live in Texas and every road is 70mph, lol. Passed big trucks daily and not a hint of issues. Doors on or off. I looked a fabricating a bracket but there isn’t much to hook it to. Seriously, try to remove the panel by only undoing the the center rear latch. It won’t budge. The rear part on a 2 door doesn’t hold anything on front but the rear center latches.

Sponsored

dr.frank1320

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW I3, F150, '89 XJ, Nissan Figaro & F100CV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seriously, try to remove the panel by only undoing the the center rear latch. It won’t budge. The rear part on a 2 door doesn’t hold anything on front but the rear center latches.
I just installed the front panels on my 2-door without the back half on incase it rains tonight. You're right, they are on the pretty good. There are still 3 really good points of attachment.

Joe Skates

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First edition 4 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I imagine you could do it once. For a very short distance.

I suspect however you’ll end up feeling like either mayhem from the Allstate commercials or a “wanna get away?” moment for Southwest Airlines.
So, first off, I think the reason somebody would want to ride with the top panels on without the far back cover on is because the panels take a couple minutes and 1 person to put on, and the back takes 2 people and 5-10 minutes. We all like driving topless, and I'm going to the lake this weekend, and it's gonna rain on the way down, but then clear all weekend, so I'd like to drive down without getting wet in the seats. I can assure you from experience that this is 100% fine for non-highway driving, and it doesn't rattle, and it won't damage, and there's no way it can rub a painted spot. I'd be nervous about a long highway drive using panels without the way back though...but I might to it anyway, and if I do I'll let you all know. 😁 I'm guessing the hard tops are all the same, but mine is a first edition if that matters.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, first off, I think the reason somebody would want to ride with the top panels on without the far back cover on is because the panels take a couple minutes and 1 person to put on, and the back takes 2 people and 5-10 minutes. We all like driving topless, and I'm going to the lake this weekend, and it's gonna rain on the way down, but then clear all weekend, so I'd like to drive down without getting wet in the seats. I can assure you from experience that this is 100% fine for non-highway driving, and it doesn't rattle, and it won't damage, and there's no way it can rub a painted spot. I'd be nervous about a long highway drive using panels without the way back though...but I might to it anyway, and if I do I'll let you all know. 😁 I'm guessing the hard tops are all the same, but mine is a first edition if that matters.
Oh I totally understand the reason why. That was never a question. As the bad guy told Liam Neeson in the first “Taken” movie…

“Good Luck”

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just installed the front panels on my 2-door without the back half on incase it rains tonight. You're right, they are on the pretty good. There are still 3 really good points of attachment.
this would be a very valid reason to do this. I've considered it myself.

You folks who seem to be dead set against it are likely the same who can come up with a problem for every solution.

RestAssured

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat—>Honda Odyssey—>???
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I googled this topic and read on BroncoNation that it is impossible to keep the front and mid panels on without the rear, until someone posted that there is in fact a thread on Bronco6g about this and it’s very possible. They were still doubtful….

Anyway if anyone is really hung up on the sliding latches that connect the front, mid and rear sections together, those are just there to press the weather seal together and prevent water leaks than to secure the panels to the roof.
Sponsored