Sponsored

Running boards recommendations for 4-door Bronco?

Jb7

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am definitely going between the DS and the DSS, wish there was a pic of the DSS installed on a Bronco, it’s the same base rail on both, be nice if they shipped with the full length step option and the individual step options together…prob leaning DS though, I like the low profile look (depth wise) and the minimum step design
Sponsored

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am definitely going between the DS and the DSS, wish there was a pic of the DSS installed on a Bronco, it’s the same base rail on both, be nice if they shipped with the full length step option and the individual step options together…prob leaning DS though, I like the low profile look (depth wise) and the minimum step design
I just had my gf pick between the two. She liked the DS and when I got them I was happy with them. I like only having the honey comb footing by the doors and not the entire length of the step

Reactions: Jb7

Padawan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the GoRhino one's too. They stick out just far enough and don't drop lower like the one above
11.jpeg
Really like those! Do you think I could install mud flaps with these rails? Most you can’t. Thanks

Leilani

Big Bend
First Name
Leilani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mini cooper/ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Literally just installed these this evening.
Go Rhino Dominator D1 from @Stage 3 Motorsports
PXL_20210809_012926179.jpg

Install sucks to do alone so make sure you find a YouTube video that goes over the process.
These look great, do they cover the pinch welds and how is the powder coat holding up?!

gjptennis

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Subaru Outback, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went with the RCI 20deg sliders. frame mounted, made in USA with American steel and have just enough of a step for wife and kid.
They look great and work even better.

99D0265F-3C68-4513-B603-814203300595.jpeg

45597C92-153A-4277-8558-14F0228F5563.jpeg

Sponsored

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

These look great, do they cover the pinch welds and how is the powder coat holding up?!
Thanks. The brackets are the only spots that "cover" the pinch weld. I put PPF from the rockers down to the pinch weld to protect from rocks. On the steps themselves, the paint has numerous chips. I live on a gravel road so that was expected. I just recently gave in and installed mudflaps that I was hoping to avoid. I would recommend mudflaps to begin with if you travel back roads frequently.

gjptennis

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As for pinch welds, I also got the RCI pinch weld covers. installed them first then the sliders and all set.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone with a 4 door purchased running boards yet. Have been thinking about power running boards and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations?
*I couldn’t find other threads until 10 seconds after i posted this*
I have a 4Dr BaseSquatch and needed steps. Call me boring, but I bought the factory factory tube steps at the dealer. Super easy to put on and they look good. I prefer stock factory stuff and these say "Bronco" on them, so match well. $615 retail, but dealer knocked off about $100 plus I applied my Ford Pass points for part of it.

Leilani

Big Bend
First Name
Leilani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mini cooper/ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks. The brackets are the only spots that "cover" the pinch weld. I put PPF from the rockers down to the pinch weld to protect from rocks. On the steps themselves, the paint has numerous chips. I live on a gravel road so that was expected. I just recently gave in and installed mudflaps that I was hoping to avoid. I would recommend mudflaps to begin with if you travel back roads frequently.
I so appreciate your feedback. Sounds like I will need to get mudflaps (curious which ones you purchased?) pinch weld covers and running boards since I'm not mechanically inclined!

Leilani

Big Bend
First Name
Leilani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mini cooper/ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As for pinch welds, I also got the RCI pinch weld covers. installed them first then the sliders and all set.
Good to know, I will follow your lead!

gjptennis

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good to know, I will follow your lead!
Not the greatest pic but here is an up close of the pinch weld cover. Super easy install.

6AB978D1-9507-4E24-A143-5A9CA4CB3774.jpeg
Sponsored