John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went through a car wash years back that had a computerized setup that you basically pulled in the bay and the washing appareaious moved around the car to wash/dry it. It did an ok job, but I've never seen one like that since then and this was like 15 years ago near my old job.
There’s one like that here on Long Island. What a hoot!
Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am anal when it comes to washing the toys. I asked at the local tunnel car wash what the PH was on the soaps they used. I got the IDK so checked with test strips. I will continue to wash at home with my Chemical Guys as their PH's match the products sold.
I use their ceramic detailer after almost every wash. My cars shine like diamonds.

tongsun3717

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I prefer free carwash in the rain. A rain coat is needed.

ths0002

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve been fretting over this since I got mine in January. The salesman who sold it to me told me to never take it through any car wash. I was so hesitant that I went to a coin operated spray wash in 10° weather to wash it. Finally I said, “my Bronco Sport’s rear window leaked, I can handle a little water.” Took it to my favorite car wash (pre-Bronco), and held my breath. Not a drop of water. Probably will still hand wash most of the time, but man it was good to send it through and not slip on ice

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve been fretting over this since I got mine in January. The salesman who sold it to me told me to never take it through any car wash. I was so hesitant that I went to a coin operated spray wash in 10° weather to wash it. Finally I said, “my Bronco Sport’s rear window leaked, I can handle a little water.” Took it to my favorite car wash (pre-Bronco), and held my breath. Not a drop of water. Probably will still hand wash most of the time, but man it was good to send it through and not slip on ice
Glad to hear. I'm picking mine up on 2/20/23. I have a monthly unlimited plan at a brushless car wash and intend to run it through on a regular basis. Three model years in, this MIC top should not leak.

Sponsored

ths0002

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Glad to hear. I'm picking mine up on 2/20/23. I have a monthly unlimited plan at a brushless car wash and intend to run it through on a regular basis. Three model years in, this MIC top should not leak.
See, I canceled mine because I was really scared. Reasoning was there are some jets positioned on it that might make me have a bad time, but I’m going to run it through a couple more just in case before I feel fully comfortable.

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ll do the same, including the stubby.
I was looking around today while sitting at a light, and 99% of the cars that went in front of me did not have an antenna sticking out. Didn't they integrate them into the windshields years and years ago. I haven't owned a car with one in 20 years I am sure. Why do they still put them on our cars, is it because of our flat windscreens? If its a must to have an actual antenna on it, why did ford put that big ass whip on vs. using the stubby. Oh well at least its a $15 fix lol.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine goes through the car wash sometimes twice a week. Never have a problem. My 37's fit fine in the single conveyor. The height limit is 90", I clear by 8.5" with roof rack. All those that want to fear monger have no merit to their discussions.

You go to a piece of shit carwash, you get shitty wash. You go to a reputable nice clean carwash, you get a very nice wash. Mine is called Tidal Wave, very reputable and very up to date facility. Everything is laser monitored for cloth rollers, pretty damn precise. I pay $25.00 a month membership and can wash as many times I so choose. Free vacuums, free towels to use, free Windex and free floor mats scrubbed by employees.

Edit, I corrected the measurements, the ht tolerance is 90" not 72", my Bronco with roof rack is 83.5".

Last edited:

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was looking around today while sitting at a light, and 99% of the cars that went in front of me did not have an antenna sticking out. Didn't they integrate them into the windshields years and years ago.
Chevy did it in 1980. I owned two of them. Didn't work very well as an antenna. I'm much happier with the real antennas on my Fords.

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine goes through the car wash sometimes twice a week. Never have a problem. My 37's fit fine in the single conveyor. The height limit is 72", I clear by 4" with roof rack. All those that want to fear monger have no merit to their discussions.

You go to a piece of shit carwash, you get shitty wash. You go to a reputable nice clean carwash, you get a very nice wash. Mine is called Tidal Wave, very reputable and very up to date facility. Everything is laser monitored for cloth rollers, pretty damn precise. I pay $25.00 a month membership and can wash as many times I so choose. Free vacuums, free towels to use, free Windex and free floor mats scrubbed by employees.

Wow, that's a smoking deal! I know we have some sort of membership tied to a 76 station near me, I'll have to check it out. I've been paying someone to come to me @ $30 a pop, this sounds much better.

Sponsored

ths0002

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also, congrats! Enjoy the new ride!

ToddGreen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine goes through the car wash sometimes twice a week. Never have a problem. My 37's fit fine in the single conveyor. The height limit is 72", I clear by 4" with roof rack. All those that want to fear monger have no merit to their discussions.

Hi, all. According to Ford, the MIC can go through regular car washes. The below SSM also describes the type of products that can be used on the MIC for protection.

Ford Bronco Running MIC hard top through car wash? 1683485593186

BroncoFS

Black Diamond
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata (“So-not-a” Bronco)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi, all. According to Ford, the MIC can go through regular car washes. The below SSM also describes the type of products that can be used on the MIC for protection.

Ford Bronco Running MIC hard top through car wash? 1683485593186
I have taken mine through the type with chamois rags that flop back and forth with no issue. The only issue I have at this carwash is the back doesn’t get real clean or dry, but if you let the attendant know they’ll use a hose and soft brush to clean before it runs through and it comes out fine.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went to a touchless wash a week ago and observed from the inside as the machine did its thing and no leaks at all, knock on wood. Won't be my normal wash method but for attacking bug splatter after a road trip it's a quick and easy first step until I have the time to do it right. Nice to know, at least for now, the MIC top ('23 2D) can handle it.
Sponsored