Swacer

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor; 2018 Shelby GT350; 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The bumper on my 2014 Raptor is the same powdercoating. If chips easily but no true rust in 4 PA winters. I just touch up as best I can. So keep up with it and you’ll be fine.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So, I totally agree that this is completely fixable and easy to resolve. It will take me all of 5 minutes to repair. This chip by itself is a minor problem.

I am more concerned about what it will look like in 6 months. The bumper should be able to handle a small strike and not have the paint chip. It's going to happen all the time driving down the road. I am not Ok with poor quality control on this piece.

As far as just grinding down and repainting, sure I can do that and I probably will. I have an issue with having to do that at all on a brand new car just because it wasn't done correctly at the factory. If I was off-roading and bangin' around in the woods, this would be on me. I would happily fix it. But, I am not and no one has been. It's not powder coated properly.
Wait until you see what your paint will look like on your hood/fenders/rocker panels in six months. Ford painting is now thin and crap which goes along with just about every other new car from the past several years.

OP
OP

nhbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, F150, Ranger, Roadtrek Agile
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hardly a day goes by when I don't do something stupid. Usually, I don't publicize it. Today was not one of those days.

It was not rust and it was not a paint chip. It was rail dust as someone suggested.

At least I am used to being wrong.