First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure if I’m using the right description but the hubs on my new bronco (where the wheels attached) have already started rusting. Anyone else seen this?

A519CF8A-2B25-4440-A7BD-FBD270B87933.jpeg

7A9D97B9-52DD-4A8E-80A2-EC1DDA3EF2A5.jpeg
Sponsored

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any unpainted iron/steel based metals will start to rust. Nothing to worry about, as it will mainly be surface rust on rather thick pieces. If you want, you can try to paint any areas unpainted from the factory. But nothing to take too seriously.

OP
OP
dude_wheres_my_bronco

dude_wheres_my_bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The dealer I purchased from said there's a 12 month Rust warranty with Ford and I should be able to get these replaced.

Bad news is I purchased from a dealer 4 hours away since my local one wouldn't answer my calls and messages about ordering a bronco. Hopefully the service department is better...

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's your brake rotor, it's going to rust. I would be absolutely shocked if a dealer actually replaces this.

If it bothers you that much take your tire off, sand the rust off and spray some high heat paint on it (but not on the braking surface). It will cost you 10x more in gas to get to the dealership than to fix it yourself....

Last edited:

Derbystud

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Metal will rust just like concrete will crack. What is the deal with everybody worrying about every little spec of rust. If the body rusts then worry about it. Unpainted surface will get surface rust.

Sponsored

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Corrosion Warranty
Ford warranty corrosion coverage includes perforation only and lasts five years or unlimited miles. It applies to your car’s body sheet metal panels or aluminum body panels. This means that if parts of your car are damaged by rust within the first five years, you don’t have to pay for the repairs.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine had rust on the front half shafts and front and rear drive shafts. it had also been driven in salt- evidence in salt spots all over the underneath. I cleaned up all the salt and used Fluid Film on the half shafts and drive shafts. I did a couple of applications and letting it do it's thing to dissolve the rust. I may eventually paint them.

As already stated all raw steel parts (including brake rotors) will rust- more so in the northern climates where road salt is used. I have successfully painted raw steel parts including rotors and brake drums with silver or even black paint. They look good and usually don't rust again- at least for a long while. As a tip you can buy coated brake drums and rotors so they do not rust and retain their shiny appearance. My last two sets I bought for my C6 Corvette and past Jeep Wrangler has this coating. It's awesome and any time I buy brake rotors or drums in the future I am going to get them with the coating.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The dealer I purchased from said there's a 12 month Rust warranty with Ford and I should be able to get these replaced.

Bad news is I purchased from a dealer 4 hours away since my local one wouldn't answer my calls and messages about ordering a bronco. Hopefully the service department is better...
On brake disc's? I doubt it as that would be like warranty 12 months on pads themselves, all are wear items. Those disc's were not factory painted. Neither are the calipers.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Corrosion Warranty
Ford warranty corrosion coverage includes perforation only and lasts five years or unlimited miles. It applies to your car’s body sheet metal panels or aluminum body panels. This means that if parts of your car are damaged by rust within the first five years, you don’t have to pay for the repairs.
This is for body panels. Has nothing to do with normal surface rust on other components.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure if I’m using the right description but the hubs on my new bronco (where the wheels attached) have already started rusting. Anyone else seen this?

Ford Bronco Rusted Hubs(?) 7A9D97B9-52DD-4A8E-80A2-EC1DDA3EF2A5

Ford Bronco Rusted Hubs(?) 7A9D97B9-52DD-4A8E-80A2-EC1DDA3EF2A5
Completely normal and not something Ford will warranty.

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is for body panels. Has nothing to do with normal surface rust on other components.
Um Yeah...that is why the warranty says Body panels...

The OP stated.... " The dealer I purchased from said there's a 12 month Rust warranty with Ford and I should be able to get these replaced. " Just trying to educate them about what the reality of their rust warranty is, not just blandly state that something is normal with no supporting information...

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Um Yeah...that is why the warranty says Body panels...

The OP stated.... " The dealer I purchased from said there's a 12 month Rust warranty with Ford and I should be able to get these replaced. " Just trying to educate them about what the reality of their rust warranty is, not just blandly state that something is normal with no supporting information...
Oh okay, so just blandly posting information that has nothing to do with the original question. Got it. Here’s some actual information about the issue OP is asking about.
Ford Bronco Rusted Hubs(?) 3B7326C5-BFAF-4EF1-B93D-1178937B5CC0

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh okay, so just blandly posting information that has nothing to do with the original question. Got it. Here’s some actual information about the issue OP is asking about.
Ford Bronco Rusted Hubs(?) 3B7326C5-BFAF-4EF1-B93D-1178937B5CC0
Congrats on being productive....doesn't it feel better!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congrats on being productive....doesn't it feel better!
Not sure how you know what it feels like. Either way, I do feel glad actual information about the concern has been posted finally.
Sponsored