Sponsored

RV Thread (Renamed my RV .. BSV- Bronco Support Vehicle..lol)-Any one else pulling their Bronco??

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you have an RV and are planning on pulling your Bronco..Where are you top places?
1. Utah (So many places)
2. Colorado
3. Arizona

1536A91D-BC27-45F5-854D-7417D8467530.jpeg
Very nice photos, is this Zion? Rim trail area?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is a good example of what you need to know before you tow a car with your RV.
https://www.thefitrv.com/rv-tips/how-much-can-you-tow-with-a-small-motorhome/

3D224083-4DED-4E91-BBFF-D6D707C571E8.jpeg
This rating is not for the towing vehicle but is the hitch capacity. You still need to stay within the tow vehicles weight restrictions, and to do that properly you need to load the RV for a trip and then get it weighed at a scale, front,rear, and combined weight, then subtract that from the GCWR from the data plate next to the drivers seat or it may be on the entry door. The difference is the allowable max weight of the towed vehicle.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone have a guess on which bumper would be best for flat towing? Looks like 3 different ones.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have a guess on which bumper would be best for flat towing? Looks like 3 different ones.
The one that comes with the BD or BL. heavy duty..

Sponsored

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The one that comes with the BD or BL. heavy duty..
Did you see the "capable" bumper in B&P? I'm not sure what the differences are with it?

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you see the "capable" bumper in B&P? I'm not sure what the differences are with it?
No. I will check it out. The last thing we want is to leave are Bronco on the road.. lol Thanks!

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bumper has little to do with TOAD towing, the attachment points for the towbar will be the tow hooks, which are mounted to the frame rails. I would assume any adapter for say a BlueOx towbar will include some case hardened bolts as well as a mod or two to strengthen those mounts. From the frame photo's I have seen those clevis hooks are bolted at 3 points, and will need an additional bolt or two thru both sides of the frame, as well as red lock tight added. In 14 years of RV'ing I have never had a breakaway and don't want to start with my Bronco.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RV Tow Bar system question: Does anyone have any suggestion of a very good Quick Release RV TOW Bar for Flat tow? Thanks!

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

RV Tow Bar system question: Does anyone have any suggestion of a very good Quick Release RV TOW Bar for Flat tow? Thanks!
I'm currently using the Blue Ox Alpha. I like it.

Ford Bronco RV Thread (Renamed my RV .. BSV- Bronco Support Vehicle..lol)-Any one else pulling their Bronco?? BX7365

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can't go wrong with BlueOx, have been using them for many years. Currently have an 'Alpha' bar, very easy to hook and unhook, about 2 minutes, stores on the back of the RV and pivots and swivels as well as auto lock telescoping arms to allow off level hookups, weighs in at 40# and is rated at 6500# tow capacity.
https://www.blueox.com/tow-bars/alpha-2-tow-bar-bx7380/

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was about to buy a Jeep when the Bronco was announced. I'd been looking at the Rubicon for a year before I said not yet. Now, I'm waiting an additional year for the Bronco. Man this is getting OLD waiting for 2 years now for a toad.

Closest matching tow gear I've found is for the Ford Ranger (similar frame). Not sure yet how it will screw with the Badlands skid plate, but I can see some cutting in my future.

https://www.etrailer.com/Base-Plates/Roadmaster/RM-524459-5.html

Ford Bronco RV Thread (Renamed my RV .. BSV- Bronco Support Vehicle..lol)-Any one else pulling their Bronco?? 1603649456781

Ford Bronco RV Thread (Renamed my RV .. BSV- Bronco Support Vehicle..lol)-Any one else pulling their Bronco?? 1603649536836

Ford Bronco RV Thread (Renamed my RV .. BSV- Bronco Support Vehicle..lol)-Any one else pulling their Bronco?? 120821028_150403646792866_2156474768770137233_n

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmm, the only item I have seen for towing is the tow package for the back of the Bronco for $595, I show nothing under Bumper Accessories.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmmm, the only item I have seen for towing is the tow package for the back of the Bronco for $595, I show nothing under Bumper Accessories.
Go into OBX.. They list a "Capable" bumper for adding accessories like winches, bull bars and lights. Looks different...

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go into OBX.. They list a "Capable" bumper for adding accessories like winches, bull bars and lights. Looks different...
So, a little different design to accommodate the fog lights, but the same. You do not tow with the bumper, not a 5K vehicle, you use the Frame rail tow points, same on both bumpers. This is basically so you can put a winch on it.
Ford Bronco RV Thread (Renamed my RV .. BSV- Bronco Support Vehicle..lol)-Any one else pulling their Bronco?? Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 12.35.15
Ford Bronco RV Thread (Renamed my RV .. BSV- Bronco Support Vehicle..lol)-Any one else pulling their Bronco?? Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 12.36.20
Sponsored