Sponsored

RV Thread (Renamed my RV .. BSV- Bronco Support Vehicle..lol)-Any one else pulling their Bronco??

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, a little different design to accommodate the fog lights, but the same. You do not tow with the bumper, not a 5K vehicle, you use the Frame rail tow points, same on both bumpers. This is basically so you can put a winch on it.
Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 12.35.15.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 12.36.20.jpg
Looks like the BD/BL bumper might be easier to make the frame tie-in.
Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like the BD/BL bumper might be easier to make the frame tie-in.
Yep, BlueOx makes an adapter that attaches to the clevis eyes on the tow points with 1" pins. I still think we will need the strengthen the tow hook to frame attachment though. Just unbolt the bumper and remove, will give access to those. Here are the clevis size and dimensions for current bumpers, not sure what standard Ford will use but it will be one of these.
Ford Bronco RV Thread (Renamed my RV .. BSV- Bronco Support Vehicle..lol)-Any one else pulling their Bronco?? Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 12.51.48

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep, BlueOx makes an adapter that attaches to the clevis eyes on the tow points with 1" pins. I still think we will need the strengthen the tow hook to frame attachment though. Just unbolt the bumper and remove, will give access to those. Here are the clevis size and dimensions for current bumpers, not sure what standard Ford will use but it will be one of these.
Ford Bronco RV Thread (Renamed my RV .. BSV- Bronco Support Vehicle..lol)-Any one else pulling their Bronco?? Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 12.51.48
That's good information.
Sponsored