Sponsored

Sacrifice made today to get my Bronco early..

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also see you have Antimatter Blue on order.... I wanted that color but didn't see the blue as much that I wanted.. what are your thoughts on that color?
I initially ordered Carbonized Grey, based off the (terrible) colour renderings online.

After I placed my order, I went back to the dealership to look at the colours on their lot (albeit, on different Ford models). It was a sunny day with a few clouds, and the vehicles hadn’t been recently washed so it was a pretty good “real world” experience.

The Ford Ranger I saw was in Carbonized Grey and was much lighter (almost a silver) colour. Next to it was a Ford F-150 in AMB, and it looked awesome! I love black/dark colour vehicles, but I could see the hint of blue even standing back quite a bit. And then when you get up close it’s pretty evident. But I’m also cool with it looking more black on a cloudy day.

I was hoping Ford would have offered a Magnetic Grey, which I saw on a Ford Expedition on the lot too. This is what I had pictured Carbonized Grey to look like, but nope! I also love Magnum Red, but alas, not an option either for the Bronco.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm just so disappointed that somebody would skip out of tele-work to look at a Bronco.

I would never skip tele-work to look at a Bronco. I go 100% and would skip actual in-person work to look at a Bronco. Never let your staff down, never give up on them, and certainly don't be there for them when there's Bronco to be seen!

Okay jokes aside, get the motor you want. I can't rationalize why somebody would pay $5K to get the 2.7 motor (auto trans included), but you say you need an automatic which follows typical American trends so that's the penalty price you get to pay for not knowing how to drive a stick or being able to learn how.

Do you like to turn a wrench yourself or hire out for mechanical work? Typically both turbos in the 2.7 will need replacement by 150K miles, but as a Mustang freak (your words), you'll probably need to drift the Bronco through a crowd of people in short order which takes those eventual maintenance items off your list of vehicle concerns.

The 33" tires on Badlands do look pretty awesome!

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mustang GT, 21 Audi S5, 20 Hyundia Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I initially ordered Carbonized Grey, based off the (terrible) colour renderings online.

After I placed my order, I went back to the dealership to look at the colours on their lot (albeit, on different Ford models). It was a sunny day with a few clouds, and the vehicles hadn’t been recently washed so it was a pretty good “real world” experience.

The Ford Ranger I saw was in Carbonized Grey and was much lighter (almost a silver) colour. Next to it was a Ford F-150 in AMB, and it looked awesome! I love black/dark colour vehicles, but I could see the hint of blue even standing back quite a bit. And then when you get up close it’s pretty evident. But I’m also cool with it looking more black on a cloudy day.

I was hoping Ford would have offered a Magnetic Grey, which I saw on a Ford Expedition on the lot too. This is what I had pictured Carbonized Grey to look like, but nope! I also love Magnum Red, but alas, not an option either for the Bronco.
Should have took a pic today but there was a AMB F150 right next to the Bronco. I was staring at it because it was blue... but when we walked away... my wife said it was black... Sticker said AMB... It's like getting 2 colors for the price of 1... I'm still on the fence with it honestly but as a BEAR FAN.. lol.. I wanted that Blue!

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't rationalize why somebody would pay $5K to get the 2.7 motor (auto trans included), but you say you need an automatic which follows typical American trends so that's the penalty price you get to pay for not knowing how to drive a stick or being able to learn how.
Not trying to be an asshole here or anything, but also keep in mind there are some folks (myself included) who cannot drive a manual transmission due to a disability (even restricted on my license as well). So let’s not paint everyone with that brush…

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don’t settle, get what you want. Personally the 2.3 vs 2.7 does not matter. The 2.7 isn’t going to be much faster in a 5000 lb box, mpg is the same, and $1800 up front vs resale value isn’t a large number. I’m worried the soft top is too loud and the MIC top will fade into a POS in three years. So I’m waiting on the black MOD top.
I rode in a soft top at Super Celebration East. I was actually very impressed with the lack of road noise. We were having conversations rolling down the highway no problem.

Robertriley

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, 36 ford convertible, 59 MGA, 57 Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome brother, congrats! I personally can sway from what I want in my Bronco. I was looking at the Gladiator before the bronco but it's either going to be the Bronco the way I want it or the Gladiator the way I want it. I'm a buy once, buy right kind of guy. I'm sure I'd rather be in your Bronco than my JK right now.

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also see you have Antimatter Blue on order.... I wanted that color but didn't see the blue as much that I wanted.. what are your thoughts on that color?
I saw AM in person on a BD and it looked awesome. I first thought it was black but then I looked at it from a different angle and the blue really popped. I liked the shifting of colors but it's not for everyone. I am getting AM blue after seeing it in person switched from carb gray.

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I rode in a soft top at Super Celebration East. I was actually very impressed with the lack of road noise. We were having conversations rolling down the highway no problem.
That's good to know. Plus I can always buy the hard top later... They did tell me that the hard top is $695 only because they take off the cost of the soft top when ordering... so if I buy it it will be $1500+ down the road

Sponsored

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here is a video of a ride along in a 4 door badlands 2.3 soft top. Listen to what they say about the 2.3 once they are on the trail. Also, listen to the cabin noise rolling down the highway.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can hear it in your voice. Don't settle for the 2.3 just to get it sooner. You want the 2.7 and family needs the automatic. MPG is pretty much the same for the 2.3 and 2.7, but the 2.7 has about 100 lb-ft more torque which is what you need. Switching from the MIC Top would be acceptable though. I would do that myself if they allowed it on the 2 door.
Resale should be strong on the Bronco. How about getting the 2.3l now, ordering a new build for 23/24, and trading out of this one when the 2nd Bronco shows up?

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is a video of a ride along in a 4 door badlands 2.3 soft top. Listen to what they say about the 2.3 once they are on the trail. Also, listen to the cabin noise rolling down the highway.

NICE!! Thanks!

Ecobeast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Funny how much Iconic silver has grown on me. I really think it would look great with a color matched top. MIC is so meh to me these days. I went from I can live with it to delaying my order over it.

stras27

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you were a 22 or 23 (assuming based on reservation date) then the commodity restraints wouldn't necessarily apply. For those on the fence of 21 and 22 it might help accelerate the build but at what sacrifice? I have gone back and forth with the same thought process and I am not changing a thing and riding it out to the end. I was going back and forth between Sasquatch and 2.7 if I could only have one option but would have never dropped the MIC top (with the free headliner!!!). Your dealer is playing games and it doesn't guarantee you anything. Love the excitement though.
Sponsored