Sponsored

Sacrifice made today to get my Bronco early..

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mustang GT, 21 Audi S5, 20 Hyundia Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I'm sitting in a meeting at 9:45am and Purvis calls.... I didn't know who it was. They say.. "Aaron... what are you doing right now"... I'm like who is this? "It's John... we have a Bronco... get down here". I was teleworking.... jumped out of the meeting.. canceled everything... took the kids out of school online (relax.. it was their last day), told my wife to get home now (she was grocery shopping)! I realized I was way to obsessed.. I shut down everything to see my first Bronco in person. And to top it off it was a Non Squach Badlands! My order!

Here is what I did and I'm iffy about it now. Need your thoughts.

I was told in the email and by my dealer today that I could get my Bronco this year if I do one or more of the following:
  • Get a Soft Top and not the MIC Top- I changed to the soft top but was told that there will be plenty of tops to choose from to buy that may even be better than the tops offered by Ford.
  • Switch from 2.7L to 2.3L engine- I actually switched to the 2.3L auto but I'm very torn on this one. What are the differences.. besides HP and Torque do I lose any other capabilities? Now I'm obsessing and researching to see what drops off with a 2.3L. I heard it is a great engine, very powerful and better on gas mileage so this will help since this will be my daily driver. I wonder how many are going 2.3L.
  • Switch from Auto to Manual- I actually kept the Auto trans... but really wanted the manual. My wife can't drive the manual that's why I got the auto but I'm iffy on that to...plus it saves me some money if I go Manual. I know the manual has the crawl but will I lose anything with the manual?
I was blown away by my first in person view of the Bronco. (exterior) Didn't get to get inside because it was being used as demo for the salesmen.. they were in Bronco class 101. My takeaways:
  1. LOVING MY NON SQUACH DECISION! The upgraded 33's were all I needed! They looked GREAT and AGGRESSIVE! Best $995 ever spent!
  2. Bigger than I thought. Had my 2021 Hyundai Palisade there and it looked to be the same size just about. Love the size of it.
  3. Marine Grade Vinyl Looked GREAT. Just wish I could have gotten in it to feel it. But it looked like leather.
  4. I'll save $3,000-$5,000. I saved $3,000.. by switching to a 2.3L and would have saved $5,000 if I stuck with the manual.
Not sure if I'll stick with this but I was told I could be looking at late 2022 or even 2023 to get a Bronco. So was it worth getting a soft top and 2.3L to get a 2021? Not sure yet honestly. They rekindled the fire... I didn't bother them the last few months now I may call and change back to the 2.7L Hard Top....

One thing is for sure... I think my mind is made up after seeing this. I have two (2) orders with them. The Bronco Badlands and the 2021 Mustang Mach 1. They told me the Mach will be here in a month... I can only do one of the two. After seeing that Bronco I want to get the Bronco... but I'm a Mustang Freak. God help me when it gets here in a month.

purvis-bronco3.jpg

purvis-bronco2.jpg

purvis bronc.jpg
Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good for you! Me I’m not sacrificing anything. I want what I want period. Granted I’ve had a VIN since April and build has been moved 2x.

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good for you! Me I’m not sacrificing anything. I want what I want period. Granted I’ve had a VIN since April and build has been moved 2x.
I kind of wanted a 2022 anyway. I may actually call them and wait.... and try to fight off the temptation of the Mach 1. The 2.3L is weighing on me.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been toying with the 2.3L as well… Lots of positive things being said on it, however will I be upset down the road without the 2.7L? I don’t know… Such first world problems…

Sponsored
OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been toying with the 2.3L as well… Lots of positive things being said on it, however will I be upset down the road without the 2.7L? I don’t know… Such first world problems…

See... EXACTLY. Will I regret not getting the 2.7L? Will it be better in terms of resale? Is it a big difference in power? Is it that much of a difference in gas mileage? I made the change to 2.3L today... but not sure if I'll stick with it.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think there is a consensus that the biggest issue delaying VIN assignment on earlier reservations is the MIC top. While Ford did say the 2.7L may become a constraint option, it sounds like it isn't much of an issue right now.

I also went with the 33's and optional wheels. I haven't seen them in person but glad to hear your take on them. I made it to a Bronco event a couple of weeks ago and I did get to sit in a Black Diamond with MGV and an OBX with leather. I'll just say that I'm glad that I went with MGV instead of $2200 more for the leather. I think you will be happy with it.

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wtf late 2022 or 2023? Seriously?
That's what I said! And he was dead serious... I was like that long?? I can't last that long!

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's awesome that you got to see one in person! I doubt I'll get to see one before mine arrives. I couldn't justify not ordering exactly what I wanted. I knew if I changed anything I'd regret it later on. luckily I got a vin and build date even with almost every constraint item. I'm not sure if it was luck, super early reservation, #1 allocation but whatever way it worked out I'm feeling pretty happy. Go with your gut, it's typically the right choice.

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good snag for you, man! if you are willing to compromise and you are happy about your decision, that that is all that maters. Enjoy your new Bronco!
I'm on the fence... get it this year or wait for the 2.7L and Hardtop... I'm sticking with this for now but I told them don't be surprised if I flip again.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

See... EXACTLY. Will I regret not getting the 2.7L? Will it be better in terms of resale? Is it a big difference in power? Is it that much of a difference in gas mileage? I made the change to 2.3L today... but not sure if I'll stick with it.
There’s plenty of conversations on the 2.3L vs. 2.7L online/these forums if you search. Some good arguments either way.

At the end of the day I will likely stick to my 2.7L decision for two reasons:
  1. I keep posting on this forum the importance of sticking to your initial order/build specs that YOU want and not giving in to POSSIBLY get your vehicle built a bit earlier. So I can’t be a hypocrite.
  2. I know at the end of the day I’ll be happier to get the 2.7L and a bit more power/largest option I could get.
I think by making this post I’ve confirmed that I will stick with a 2.7L. Who knows… 2.3L could be a constraint part next week with people jumping ship…

I am a firm believer that there will be many folks on here who kick themselves down the road because they removed an option or changed their options just to get it slightly earlier. Sure, maybe you think I’m jealous of those who have received build weeks/VIN’s, but that’s not the case here - I want the vehicle that I WANT, not the one Ford is indirectly pushing some folks towards.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can hear it in your voice. Don't settle for the 2.3 just to get it sooner. You want the 2.7 and family needs the automatic. MPG is pretty much the same for the 2.3 and 2.7, but the 2.7 has about 100 lb-ft more torque which is what you need. Switching from the MIC Top would be acceptable though. I would do that myself if they allowed it on the 2 door.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wtf late 2022 or 2023? Seriously?
Fire shooting out my nostrils reading 2023. :(

OP, you can buy an OEM hardtop or maybe some aftermarket hardtop later, but beware the cost might be considerable, and eat into the savings you mentioned.
Sponsored