Sponsored

Sacrifice made today to get my Bronco early..

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not trying to be an asshole here or anything, but also keep in mind there are some folks (myself included) who cannot drive a manual transmission due to a disability (even restricted on my license as well). So let’s not paint everyone with that brush…
Personally I would love to have a manual again. Only problem is I live in one of the worst cities in the country for traffic (Atlanta). I had a manual when I moved here. By the time I made it home each day my leg felt like Jello from the number of times I had to use the clutch on my 13 mile, 1 hour commute.
Sponsored

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I'm sitting in a meeting at 9:45am and Purvis calls.... I didn't know who it was. They say.. "Aaron... what are you doing right now"... I'm like who is this? "It's John... we have a Bronco... get down here". I was teleworking.... jumped out of the meeting.. canceled everything... took the kids out of school online (relax.. it was their last day), told my wife to get home now (she was grocery shopping)! I realized I was way to obsessed.. I shut down everything to see my first Bronco in person. And to top it off it was a Non Squach Badlands! My order!
I don't think you need to remove 2.7 or Auto. As others report, I believe MIC top is the main issue. I have relatively late reservation (7/31) but soon after removing MIC top from my 4-door Badlands order, I received email on 5/27 that I was schedule for production the week of 7/19.

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mustang GT, 21 Audi S5, 20 Hyundia Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think you need to remove 2.7 or Auto. As others report, I believe MIC top is the main issue. I have relatively late reservation (7/31) but soon after removing MIC top from my 4-door Badlands order, I received email on 5/27 that I was schedule for production the week of 7/19.

This Really helps. I do think I'll keep everything but the top. Only thing is we will lose that free Sound Deadner... Guess I can sacrifice that.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drop down to a sport and you could probably be driving it later today

Ford won't break me into settling despite the ironclad promise that it 'may' help me see it sooner

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is a video of a ride along in a 4 door badlands 2.3 soft top. Listen to what they say about the 2.3 once they are on the trail. Also, listen to the cabin noise rolling down the highway.

Wait, did she use TTA in the manual Bronco?

Sponsored

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I'm sitting in a meeting at 9:45am and Purvis calls.... I didn't know who it was. They say.. "Aaron... what are you doing right now"... I'm like who is this? "It's John... we have a Bronco... get down here". I was teleworking.... jumped out of the meeting.. canceled everything... took the kids out of school online (relax.. it was their last day), told my wife to get home now (she was grocery shopping)! I realized I was way to obsessed.. I shut down everything to see my first Bronco in person. And to top it off it was a Non Squach Badlands! My order!

Here is what I did and I'm iffy about it now. Need your thoughts.

I was told in the email and by my dealer today that I could get my Bronco this year if I do one or more of the following:
  • Get a Soft Top and not the MIC Top- I changed to the soft top but was told that there will be plenty of tops to choose from to buy that may even be better than the tops offered by Ford.
  • Switch from 2.7L to 2.3L engine- I actually switched to the 2.3L auto but I'm very torn on this one. What are the differences.. besides HP and Torque do I lose any other capabilities? Now I'm obsessing and researching to see what drops off with a 2.3L. I heard it is a great engine, very powerful and better on gas mileage so this will help since this will be my daily driver. I wonder how many are going 2.3L.
  • Switch from Auto to Manual- I actually kept the Auto trans... but really wanted the manual. My wife can't drive the manual that's why I got the auto but I'm iffy on that to...plus it saves me some money if I go Manual. I know the manual has the crawl but will I lose anything with the manual?
I was blown away by my first in person view of the Bronco. (exterior) Didn't get to get inside because it was being used as demo for the salesmen.. they were in Bronco class 101. My takeaways:
  1. LOVING MY NON SQUACH DECISION! The upgraded 33's were all I needed! They looked GREAT and AGGRESSIVE! Best $995 ever spent!
  2. Bigger than I thought. Had my 2021 Hyundai Palisade there and it looked to be the same size just about. Love the size of it.
  3. Marine Grade Vinyl Looked GREAT. Just wish I could have gotten in it to feel it. But it looked like leather.
  4. I'll save $3,000-$5,000. I saved $3,000.. by switching to a 2.3L and would have saved $5,000 if I stuck with the manual.
Not sure if I'll stick with this but I was told I could be looking at late 2022 or even 2023 to get a Bronco. So was it worth getting a soft top and 2.3L to get a 2021? Not sure yet honestly. They rekindled the fire... I didn't bother them the last few months now I may call and change back to the 2.7L Hard Top....

One thing is for sure... I think my mind is made up after seeing this. I have two (2) orders with them. The Bronco Badlands and the 2021 Mustang Mach 1. They told me the Mach will be here in a month... I can only do one of the two. After seeing that Bronco I want to get the Bronco... but I'm a Mustang Freak. God help me when it gets here in a month.

purvis-bronco3.jpg

purvis-bronco2.jpg

purvis bronc.jpg
That’s pretty awesome, but I wouldn’t be getting a Bronco if it didn’t have the manual trans. I also thought the MGV looked great and felt weird.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That could work for some people, just not me. If there is a car in my driveway it is getting customized and upgraded constantly. I could easily add another $5k worth of accessories to a Bronco in a couple of months. I know I have zero self control, but that's OK. :giggle:
That's a legit concern that I hadn't factored in. I already have a couple grand worth of shit waiting for it in my garage. And the more I customize it, the more I will not want to part with it.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not trying to sound pontificating or Judgmental or make this a long post (I tend to do that), but sounds like you are asking for opinions, so here's mine:
Sounds like you have a lot of irons in the fire with pre-ordered vehicles and current vehicles (based on the list on your profile).
I think YOU have to sit your own mind down for a chit-chat and decide what you really want more.
E-Stang or Bronco.
You said you can't do both...so do a lengthy and legit Pros vs. Cons and a Needs vs. Wants.

My summary/thoughts are based on your current vehicle stable, you aren't in a position to HAVE to have one ASAP to get back-and-forth like a lot of us are/were. So don't let the temptation of the immediate satisfaction overtake your logic.
If it ends up being the Bronco that comes out on top, then I would not compromise on things just to get it sooner. The immediate NEED isn't there, just the desire to possess. Give it some thought.
So what if it is 6 months later that you get what you wanted and ordered vs. compromising on something that you'll be making monthly payments against. And each month you will begrudgingly make that payment, wishing you had a hard top or a 2.7 or an auto.
You'll be second-guessing your decision on those and your decision not to get the 'Stang.
Wondering "what if" will kill your love for the machine.

All that said, there's nothing wrong with the 2.3 and it will do fine if that's your choice.
Personally I ordered the 2.7 because that's what I am gonna pay for each month and I prefer the fuel delivery on it vs. the 2.3 (see catch can topics), and the roll-on torque on the trails. Yes, it brings a 2nd "spooly-boi" in the mix that can/will go bad, which is a plus and a minus...

I am not willing to compromise on my build and thus know I'll be a '22, and I prepared for it mentally and set myself up with transportation that does not leave me "Needing" to hurry up a good thing. '22 seemingly will bring different top, color, rack options to the table and who knows what else.
Basically in the end, do what's best for you. If your only justification to compromising is getting it sooner just to have it...I'd personally not do that.
Either way, best of luck and you'll be happy once you get behind that wheel.
6 months is a big deal. It's bye summer of 2021. How many summers does one have in life? Things happen, kids get older, fortunes change.

I don't see anything in the OP's listed stable of vehicles comparable to a Bronco - no open top 4x4s that will take him on trails exploring like a Bronco. Life is finite and time has value. Obviously, I'm not at all in the wait around camp, lol.

ahtussey

Big Bend
First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

See... EXACTLY. Will I regret not getting the 2.7L? Will it be better
I don't know about that...she can be happy and you can be unhappy.
Why do people say happy wife, happy life lol...I'm a wife and want my husband to be happy, he wants things too! It isn't all about "the wife"

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm waiting and if late 22 is when it comes - and Bronco/Raptor is right around the corner - well then I guess I'll just wait some more.

Sponsored

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why do people say happy wife, happy life lol...I'm a wife and want my husband to be happy, he wants things too! It isn't all about "the wife"
I know my wife says she wants me to be happy as well. She also wants me to be honest and tell her what I really think about her hair……

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, did she use TTA in the manual Bronco?
That video with Shelby Hall is a 2.3 Auto. I understand that all Autos have the TTA feature.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That video with Shelby Hall is a 2.3 Auto. I understand that all Autos have the TTA feature.
Thanks. I had the video playing in the background and didn’t catch the fact that this rig had the 10AT.

mr. snuffleupagus

Badlands
First Name
Brandt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is my exact build with 2.3 MT- loving it!

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Purvis is in VA 👀… crap I’m not driving that far though. At least a VA dealer has a mannequin though. Perhaps one of the SE VA dealers wil soon
Sponsored