Sponsored

Sacrifice made today to get my Bronco early..

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Aaron, check your excitement and sleep on your decisions. You need to really make sure you'll be happy with the changes when your Bronco arrives. If you're driving down the road in your new Bronco, and second guessing your decisions you'll never be 100% happy with your new ride. Trust me, I know this from experience. Good luck on your decision.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I'm sitting in a meeting at 9:45am and Purvis calls.... I didn't know who it was. They say.. "Aaron... what are you doing right now"... I'm like who is this? "It's John... we have a Bronco... get down here". I was teleworking.... jumped out of the meeting.. canceled everything... took the kids out of school online (relax.. it was their last day), told my wife to get home now (she was grocery shopping)! I realized I was way to obsessed.. I shut down everything to see my first Bronco in person. And to top it off it was a Non Squach Badlands! My order!

Here is what I did and I'm iffy about it now. Need your thoughts.

I was told in the email and by my dealer today that I could get my Bronco this year if I do one or more of the following:
  • Get a Soft Top and not the MIC Top- I changed to the soft top but was told that there will be plenty of tops to choose from to buy that may even be better than the tops offered by Ford.
  • Switch from 2.7L to 2.3L engine- I actually switched to the 2.3L auto but I'm very torn on this one. What are the differences.. besides HP and Torque do I lose any other capabilities? Now I'm obsessing and researching to see what drops off with a 2.3L. I heard it is a great engine, very powerful and better on gas mileage so this will help since this will be my daily driver. I wonder how many are going 2.3L.
  • Switch from Auto to Manual- I actually kept the Auto trans... but really wanted the manual. My wife can't drive the manual that's why I got the auto but I'm iffy on that to...plus it saves me some money if I go Manual. I know the manual has the crawl but will I lose anything with the manual?
I was blown away by my first in person view of the Bronco. (exterior) Didn't get to get inside because it was being used as demo for the salesmen.. they were in Bronco class 101. My takeaways:
  1. LOVING MY NON SQUACH DECISION! The upgraded 33's were all I needed! They looked GREAT and AGGRESSIVE! Best $995 ever spent!
  2. Bigger than I thought. Had my 2021 Hyundai Palisade there and it looked to be the same size just about. Love the size of it.
  3. Marine Grade Vinyl Looked GREAT. Just wish I could have gotten in it to feel it. But it looked like leather.
  4. I'll save $3,000-$5,000. I saved $3,000.. by switching to a 2.3L and would have saved $5,000 if I stuck with the manual.
Not sure if I'll stick with this but I was told I could be looking at late 2022 or even 2023 to get a Bronco. So was it worth getting a soft top and 2.3L to get a 2021? Not sure yet honestly. They rekindled the fire... I didn't bother them the last few months now I may call and change back to the 2.7L Hard Top....

One thing is for sure... I think my mind is made up after seeing this. I have two (2) orders with them. The Bronco Badlands and the 2021 Mustang Mach 1. They told me the Mach will be here in a month... I can only do one of the two. After seeing that Bronco I want to get the Bronco... but I'm a Mustang Freak. God help me when it gets here in a month.

Ford Bronco Sacrifice made today to get my Bronco early.. 1623358249596

Looks great. Iconic even 😁

uniqueusername

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Aaron, check your excitement and sleep on your decisions. You need to really make sure you'll be happy with the changes when your Bronco arrives. If you're driving down the road in your new Bronco, and second guessing your decisions you'll never be 100% happy with your new ride. Trust me, I know this from experience. Good luck on your decision.
This is the best approach.

Presumably we are all here because we have preordered a vehicle that is 100% what we want. I don't want to back off of that approach for the sake of having something "firstish." I have always settled/compromised on vehicles and once the new wears off there is regret at not getting exactly what I wanted. If I am going to have to wait then there will be no settling.

Sponsored

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My goal in life is to find someone who is as excited about me as this guy is about this truck.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why do people say happy wife, happy life lol...I'm a wife and want my husband to be happy, he wants things too! It isn't all about "the wife"
I believe it’s because “happy hubby, happy life” doesn’t have the same ring to it. 🙂

Last edited:

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Switch from 2.7L to 2.3L engine- I actually switched to the 2.3L auto but I'm very torn on this one. What are the differences.. besides HP and Torque do I lose any other capabilities? Now I'm obsessing and researching to see what drops off with a 2.3L. I heard it is a great engine, very powerful and better on gas mileage so this will help since this will be my daily driver. I wonder how many are going 2.3L.
You do lose the trail one-pedal driving, if that’s something you care about.

CHMAZ

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus IS 350 F-Sport, 2012 Toyota FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed my order last week from a Wildtrack with Lux and Tow package (Basically the "You want it when? HAHA" Configuration) to Sasquatch Badlands, kept the Auto and the Lux - I am pretty lazy and the Lux is for the better sound system.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mustang GT, 21 Audi S5, 20 Hyundia Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE: Texted my guy Purvis an hour or so ago... kept the soft top but got the 2.7L back on. Badland was also a hot commodity so he said "If you want it fast. Black Diamond/SAQ/2.3/auto/no tow package or go to my previous build which was an Outer Banks.. I didn't know SAQ could be on a 2.3L. I'm sticking with the Bad though... I'll lose the free Sound Dead... I don't like giving up free things 😀... So whenever it gets here... I'll be ready.

zebraquick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kia Forte
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I recently made the top switch to soft. Else I have 2.7, High package, BL on order. July 18, 2020 reserved. The engine is my only no no. I am now without car. I sold my sons Kia Forte to the dealer for $3500 over payoff. He gets mine which is a year older, paid off, and has a few more bells. Tricky part is navigating one car, wife's job etc when school is back. Daughter can drive in October and she has a SPORT slated to build EOM. I am holding and managing one car till I get my Bronco. Having already waffled with soft top any rate it bothers me in zero way to switch.

BC33

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Sacrifice made today to get my Bronco early.. 074F3438-F14E-4C42-82D2-E54A1487B746

No need to have the Sasquatch if you get the Badlands. It’s perfect just the way it is! For half the price of the 2.7 you can get a tuner for the 2.3 and have just as much hp and torque as the 2.7. The soft top is..., well you just have to drive with it down once and you’ll be hooked!!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My vote is get exactly what you want , and wait for it if you have to.

The transmission vs wife thing seems to be the biggest concern. Happy wife, happy life.
LOL, I would toss the wife before compromising on the transmission - unless it is her vehicle.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My goal in life is to find someone who is as excited about me as this guy is about this truck.
Yeah, but some of these Broncos might end up the equivalent of trophy wives, dreaming of a future owner who will show them some off-road excitement. :)
Sponsored