First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unless you have a particular year with low income (work sabbatical, injury, laid off) traditional is superior to Roth.

I think it's insane to spend 40k+ on a vehicle but man...I want it.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s pretty much a wash between the two. The caveat is that you need to start with the same pre tax investment amount for both accounts. Your initial investment in a traditional IRA or 401k will be higher, therefore the balance is larger at a given point in the future. But, you pay more tax on that bigger value.

The ROTH account has a smaller starting balance, (initial -tax) but as said at the same future date it is all yours.

If you invest the same dollar amount in both accounts, the Roth wins hands down.

You didn’t think the government was going to give you something for nothing did you?
please stop giving this advice. in a traditional IRA or 401(k) you get taxed on both the investment and the returns when taking them out. It becomes taxable income, with minimum distribution amounts it might boot you into higher tax brackets. It is likely you will see lower taxes when you retire, which would favor the traditional IRA or 401(k) of tax deferral on the investment, however with compound interest, especially if you are 20 years away from retirement it is a no brainer. You do not get taxed on the gains or the investment in a Roth. If you are investing even half-assed in a 401(k) (either Roth or traditional) at some point before you retire, you will be getting more (on average) in gains than what you put in from your paycheck. All that would be taxable in the traditional account, but not in a Roth. Paying tax now and investing with maybe 14% less in a Roth will be less than a blip in the taxes saved when taking it out at retirement. The longer the timeline, the worse a traditional compares to a Roth.

Byrd-Burb

Black Diamond
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban LT (Camper), 2017 Hyundai Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had the same reality check when the build and price hit. I’m going to save the $ glue a while and wait for the warthog or raptor version to come out in a few years. By then I should be better set to pick one up.

It sucks, but we are making the right financial decision to wait.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
looking at a little under $600 a month for a loaded 4 door BD with v6 and Squatch. Paying $10k down and this does include 2% Alabama sales tax at a rate of 3.9% for 72 months. I will actually go through a credit union for lower than that.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do what you are comfortable with, don't push yourself too much. The Bronco sport is a decent option, If you are not in a hurry, wait, I sold my RT Charger back in Feb. and been itching ever since, the Bronco will take a long time to be delivered, I still didn't decide 100% to skip but mostly I will for now.
I used to have a 2011 2SS, was a beast, didn't like the ride back when I had it but was fast, Challengers are more comfortable.
This is my 2013 Grand Sport, all the bells and whistles.
Little less than $37k OTD

PXL_20201103_052133289.NIGHT-01.jpg
Beautiful! Dad has a 2011 Grand Sport with like 10k miles on it, same color but chrome wheels. I'm currently babysitting a 2015 2LT Stingray convertible for my brother who is in the middle east. He found it in Penn. with only 800 miles on it. I've since.put an additional 900 on it.

IMG_20200815_193315__01.jpg

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tom, don't feel bad. Myself, and many of us know exactly where you are in life. When I was young if it cost a dime to go to China, I couldn't get out of site. Paying the normal everyday bills, along with trying to build a house for me, and the wife there was no disposable income left. It's will get better as you go, but it takes a bit of hard work.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I understand, I've drawn a line in the sand for the cost/down/financing and won't go over it. And will probably end up just getting a 4dr base with minimal upgrades. I'm shooting for no more than $35k financed and $5000 down payment. Don't listen to people who say you MUST get the 2.7L, or MUST get the Sasquatch, have locking diffs, etc. It all depends on what you want/need it for. For me, this will be a fun top-down adventure vehicle for the family to get to the beach, remote camp sites, snowy mountains, etc. so no need for $5-10K worth of hardcore off-road gear. And if I change my mind later will get what I need. It's really easy to keep pushing up the cost with additional fun stuff, but I've always faired better waiting until I really need it even if the cost is slightly higher later.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Beautiful! Dad has a 2011 Grand Sport with like 10k miles on it, same color but chrome wheels. I'm currently babysitting a 2015 2LT Stingray convertible for my brother who is in the middle east. He found it in Penn. with only 800 miles on it. I've since.put an additional 900 on it.

Ford Bronco SAD: I can't afford the new Bronco. :( IMG_20200815_193315__01

This is a very clean C7! I like the color combo! that's my favorite.
I like the Chrome wheels, the previous owner painted mine to black, was silver, was looking to buy chrome but everyone said keep it, black goes very well with my Red tintcoat and black stripes.

OP
OP

motman243

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just bumping this for fun because it feels more than relevant again. There is no way in fuck I would pay THESE prices for my original black diamond reservation. No regrets cancelling. My fully loaded bronco sport bad lands should be delivered by March for under $40k. Not going to fool myself into thinking I'm going to take up another full time hobby of off-roading.

OP
OP

motman243

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I understand, I've drawn a line in the sand for the cost/down/financing and won't go over it. And will probably end up just getting a 4dr base with minimal upgrades. I'm shooting for no more than $35k financed and $5000 down payment. Don't listen to people who say you MUST get the 2.7L, or MUST get the Sasquatch, have locking diffs, etc. It all depends on what you want/need it for. For me, this will be a fun top-down adventure vehicle for the family to get to the beach, remote camp sites, snowy mountains, etc. so no need for $5-10K worth of hardcore off-road gear. And if I change my mind later will get what I need. It's really easy to keep pushing up the cost with additional fun stuff, but I've always faired better waiting until I really need it even if the cost is slightly higher later.
How's this going now? Have you budged at all?

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
sounds to me like you are making the best decision. Sometimes we don't get what we want. Couple years down the road, you might be able to pick up a nice used one, which is generally your best value.

About 1/3rd of the cars I have purchased have been new, the rest used. My favorite cars have all been the used ones, mostly by happenstance. New cars are only new when you drive it home.

Don't feel bad about being sensible. Lots of things more important in life than a new car, Bronco or not.
Sponsored