Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In the end, look at the wide array of suggestions. You have from *don't be stupid and dont get it* to *take several steps so you're more comfortable with your payment* to *fuck them all and get what you want regardless*.

I'm thinking that's one of the reasons you posted - to discuss and hear different perspectives. Awesome! Now you can make an even more informed decision.

Remember we all think we're right. It's not about right or wrong. It's about what works for you and the risks you're willing to take.
Sponsored

Last edited:

fltechpilot

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi S3 1984 Porsche 928S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm kind of confused by the sticker shock posts coming out post B&P. We knew MSRP going in and the pricing survey wasn't wildly off what the package prices are. I was within 2k estimate of what my build would be pre B&P release.

Axxlrod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Becuase it creates a false and unrealistic demand which drives prices higher? I guess it's true that age does not equal wisdom.
Look kid, I was trying to be neutral in my previous post, but now I'll just say it... your whining just reeks of entitlement.

No on deserves a new Bronco just like no one deserves a new iPhone.

You want a new Bronco????

Great. Go work hard and pay for it.

Blaming Ford for pricing their new vehicle too high or the "outrageous payment" or for long-term loans creating a false demand is ridiculous.

My teen daughter whined to me recently that she really wanted a new Jeep Wrangler. My response was "Great! Love to see you have one. Go get a good job and figure out how to pay for it."

anfo

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 toyota tundra limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had a Black Diamon reserved. Was thinking it would be around $600/month tops.

I realized the build and price calculator automatically factors in 10% downpayment and slowly realized this is not going to happen for me.

I am young and make pretty good money. I have two cars, an F150 ecoboost and a 2SS Camaro. I was going to sell both to pay for the Bronco if needed. But $700/month for a car is outrageous. Even the base model with any extras puts you over $600 a month with no down payment and excellent credit for a 60 or 72 month loan. Seeing as I don't even have a family yet, there is no way I would ever be able or willing to swing this.

Anyone else coming to this realization too? It kinda sucks. If 4x4 is your thing and that's what you want to spend all your money on, then this is probably a pretty decent option. But I am worried a lot of people might spread themselves a little thin with this one. I am going to keep my older cars and enjoy the best of both worlds. To all of you who are committed and/or have the luxury of affording such a beautiful piece of machinery, I wish you the best! Enjoy it for me.
Do not get discouraged. Just wait a year or two and the broncos new penny shine will have worn off. You will be able to buy one off of Carvana or from a individual for thousands less with like 7 to 10k miles,,, and not have to eat the depreciation.

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Look kid, I was trying to be neutral in my previous post, but now I'll just say it... your whining just reeks of entitlement.

Blaming Ford for pricing their new vehicle too high or the "outrageous payment" or for long-term loans creating a false demand is ridiculous.

My teen daughter whined to me recently that she really wanted a new Jeep Wrangler. My response was "Great! Love to see you have one. Go get a good job and figure out how to pay for it."
On a Sat morning, coffee in hand I had nothing better to do so I read this thread from the beginning to this point.
This is by far the best answer I've read ..... LMAO cuz its so true

Builtdadbodtough

Big Bend
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wtf.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I worked long and hard to save $$ for this. Been my target for 5 years. If it wasn't for planning and saving, I couldn't do it either. This will be my retirement vehicle.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will side with the crowd that if you are even considering a 72 month loan you cannot afford it. Better to buy a used Jeep cash and grab a Bronco later.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was almost in the EXACT same situation as you, but here is what I did:

- I sold one of my vehicles and threw that in savings.
- The monthly insurance that normally paid for that vehicle also goes into savings.
- I started putting $500 every month into savings to simulate the payment I'll be making when I actually have the bronco.
- I cancelled my initial reservation and made another one, slotting me for the 2022 model. I now have time to stack that money I'm throwing into savings. I'm also hoping the 2022 has more customization options.
Genius!!

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ermmm how long ago was that?
30 years guaranteed

15 years? Point is the same... every year you are willing to extend payments, you are adding 20-30% additional debt for a depreciation asset.

It’s just my opinion, obviously it’s a free country, and there are a lot of people who would prefer to drive a corvette while renting an apartment, for example. Doesn’t make it a financial smart decision though
15 years my ass. The average price of a car in 2005 was 23K, it’s now 37K.

23K +2K in taxes and fees is 25K/36=$694 a month without interest accounted for. People were paying $700+ a month 15 years ago? Nah. 5 year loans have been the norm for a very long time and that was with CONSIDERABLY cheaper vehicle prices.

Builtdadbodtough

Big Bend
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wtf.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There’s way too much attention to/shaming of other people’s budgets in here in general. Granted many of them invite the scrutiny with their posts ? but still

Builtdadbodtough

Big Bend
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wtf.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

“Ok boomer”
(Jk but somebody had to say it ?)

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

30 years guaranteed

15 years my ass. The average price of a car in 2005 was 23K, it’s now 37K.

23K +2K in taxes and fees is 25K/36=$694 a month without interest accounted for. People were paying $700+ a month 15 years ago? Nah. 5 year loans have been the norm for a very long time and that was with CONSIDERABLY cheaper vehicle prices.
So we’re people financing for 72 or 84 months back then to be able to get into a car? 60 months was not the average.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My personal rule is no more than a 48 mo loan on a car. The shine wears off by then and you'll be bitter about still paying for that turd. Save enough down payment to make it happen And, though not applicable to the Bronco, shop for loss leaders or killer deals, the internet is a wonderful thing.
Sponsored