First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@motman243 i was playing with this the other night if you go for 72mo with 3,500 down and a trade in that hits around $17,000 your in the ballpark of like $500 a month I THINK again this was last night at work I’m just waking up now so eh.
Yeah...I think the interest rate on the Ford website is high. If credit is good, one can get 2-3% interest on a 72 month loan. Calculating down payment (including discount from Dealer) and trade in, my payment is 450-460 for Big Bend.
Sponsored

OP
OP

motman243

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just to cheer you up a bit. When I was young I had a used 1976 Ford Courier and was envious of the rich kids driving Broncos and Trans Ams. I always wanted a Bronco but it never worked out. I am now 54 with a house and family and work blue collar jobs but we save money pretty well. I will now be buying my first Bronco with cash and it’s not my daily driver. You will get there and I think you’re making the right decision by waiting. Sorry for the old guy talk.
There is definitely something to be said for the satisfaction of waiting and the joy that it brings. I own a house and two awesome vehicles, and tons of other toys before 30. So it's hard to complain. It does make me happy that people out there are getting what they deserve though. You sound like a good dude.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What did you expect on a 40K car with no down payment? I guess I don’t understand what you’re so shocked about.

Absolomb

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah...I think the interest rate on the Ford website is high. If credit is good, one can get 2-3% interest on a 72 month loan. Calculating down payment (including discount from Dealer) and trade in, my payment is 450-460 for Big Bend.
Yess 5% is stupid high plus @motman243 said they have a F150 to throw well it’s a pickup they have good trade in value you can still do this and you have time to spare!!

Sponsored

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't give up your dream man if you really want it. Sell the car that will get you the most money now and drive the other one for now. When it comes time to trade it, sell the second car. You will save money from not paying insurance on two vehicles. Like the other guys have said, you still have good time to save up money for a good down payment. If you aren't living on a budget, start to. I am 39 years old and make good money but this past year was the first time I ever set a budget and starting living on it. I did the Dave Ramsey plan. Having a budget made me appreciate how much money I was wasting and wastefully spending. Set a budget. And alas, if you really want that 4x4 life, get a used wrangler for now until you can afford to have a Bronco. At least then they should have the kinks worked out of the new model and hopefully offer trim colors and packages that actually make sense. There is no shame in not being able to afford a 50k vehicle. Thats a lot of money. Where this is will, there is way.

OP
OP

motman243

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Been there and it sucks when reality hits. At least you have the ability to realize it though, and to make an informed decision either way. Sometimes it sucks to be smart enough. ?.
I truly am worried about how many people are going to go underwater or make a dumb decision because of this thing. It's just another one of those things that has crept into our culture without keeping up with wages for most people. What's really eerie to think about is that more and more states are moving towards banning oil fed cars in the next twenty years; and the fact these broncos could last double that.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had a Black Diamon reserved. Was thinking it would be around $600/month tops.

I realized the build and price calculator automatically factors in 10% downpayment and slowly realized this is not going to happen for me.

I am young and make pretty good money. I have two cars, an F150 ecoboost and a 2SS Camaro. I was going to sell both to pay for the Bronco if needed. But $700/month for a car is outrageous. Even the base model with any extras puts you over $600 a month with no down payment and excellent credit for a 60 or 72 month loan. Seeing as I don't even have a family yet, there is no way I would ever be able or willing to swing this.

Anyone else coming to this realization too? It kinda sucks. If 4x4 is your thing and that's what you want to spend all your money on, then this is probably a pretty decent option. But I am worried a lot of people might spread themselves a little thin with this one. I am going to keep my older cars and enjoy the best of both worlds. To all of you who are committed and/or have the luxury of affording such a beautiful piece of machinery, I wish you the best! Enjoy it for me.
Don't ever go off what any build calculator says for payments. It doesn't factor in dealer doc fee, tax, title/reg or any other fee. Or interest rate which varies from person to person. Your best and most accurate estimate to go to a dealer to give you payment options based off currents rates, expected downpayments, taxes and their fees. Your also paying for insurance for your F150 and Camaro so if you sell those; that extra $ you don't have to pay for insurance on them whatever it is. So that's atleast $150/ month extra your saving. Plus the extra expenses of registraion and maintenence. But the Bronco is~$40k vehicle, and anything that expensive a monthly payment isn't expected to be low.

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had a Black Diamon reserved. Was thinking it would be around $600/month tops.

I realized the build and price calculator automatically factors in 10% downpayment and slowly realized this is not going to happen for me.

I am young and make pretty good money. I have two cars, an F150 ecoboost and a 2SS Camaro. I was going to sell both to pay for the Bronco if needed. But $700/month for a car is outrageous. Even the base model with any extras puts you over $600 a month with no down payment and excellent credit for a 60 or 72 month loan. Seeing as I don't even have a family yet, there is no way I would ever be able or willing to swing this.

Anyone else coming to this realization too? It kinda sucks. If 4x4 is your thing and that's what you want to spend all your money on, then this is probably a pretty decent option. But I am worried a lot of people might spread themselves a little thin with this one. I am going to keep my older cars and enjoy the best of both worlds. To all of you who are committed and/or have the luxury of affording such a beautiful piece of machinery, I wish you the best! Enjoy it for me.
If I was young again and made decent $$ I would put that $$ down to buy a home or investment property after I made myself debt free first....
Then when you get a little older pay cash for the exact Bronco you want without compromise.
Debt can be a huge burden (financial slavery) why trade your freedom for a chunk of metal with wheels

You might want to consider this: https://www.verywellmind.com/hedonic-adaptation-4156926

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good on you for understanding that it might not make the best financial sense for your current situation. I don't know how young you are, but many young people get themselves into car payments they know they can't afford and end up getting repo'd in a year.

Don't think you have to keep up with your friends and neighbors. Everyone's situation is different and their own. You do what is best for you. The Bronco should be around for years to come and will be there if and when you decide to buy one.

Sponsored

teerav

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you've been following the estimated pricings, ~40k-50k is probably the average MSRP range. The pricing shouldnt have been a shocker if youve been properly planning, just sayin. You are just seeing the numbers displayed monthly now.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just keep saving man, you have 6 to 18 months to keep saving up for this thing depending on your reservation time stamp. Like another member mentioned, grab some extra cash on the side doing UberEats or something similar (DoorDash, Lyft, GrubHub, etc.). Hell maybe do part time at a Home Depot or something on the weekends if possible (I think about doing this a lot for some odd reason).

If you're already too busy to do any of that then I understand. I would just keep paying off those other vehicles the most as possible then trade those bad boys in when the Bronco arrives. Basesquatch with V6 and some small options should be around $37K or 38K. Or no V6 is $35K. No Sas is 31k. And so on. You can do it!

Obviously I don't know your whole situation, but don't lose faith if you REALLY want this thing. Good luck to you either way!