First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I pretty much figured at $600-700 a month. I can afford it, but that doesn't mean I haven't been saving as much as possible and cutting back on stuff so that I can put more down so that my payments are in the $500 range. If you really want it then cut back on all the useless crap we all buy and start saving more. So save more, get rid of one of your cars if they are all not needed and you should be fine. Also the 5% interest rate they estimate is high unless your credit is crap
Yup, same here. Been shoveling cash into the savings to get as much down as I can. Sometimes I like a second coffee (Starbucks is convenient as it’s in 98% of my work places) so I have to remind myself not to do that. It’s only a few bucks here and there but it’s a few bucks here and there. Outside of my new Xbox, I’ve been very cheap.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dealer: how much do you want to pay per month? We have some 72 month financing plans available that will guarantee you will be underwater for the majority of the loan.

MannyFrescoSC

Badlands
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Honda Accord, 18’ Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s my advice. Save money for a decent down payment. Start eating Ramen and pay off your credit card debt.

I’m looking at a 500 payment after 8k down and 2.49% financing with a credit union on a badlands.

The biggest thing will be your credit score. Work on that diligently.

**edit- I also got rid of my car and saving that payment towards the down.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am young and make pretty good money. I have two cars, an F150 ecoboost and a 2SS Camaro.
Nothing to feel sad about, from my perspective. Sounds like you have some cars you enjoy already. There isn't any rush. The thing about Broncos, and virtually all products, is ... they'll make more! There will be one waiting for you when you're ready. If not, there will be another new toy that somebody came out with.

Getting yourself in a position to pay cash or make a larger down payment comes with age if you manage your money well. You're better being young, though. :)

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealer: how much do you want to pay per month? We have some 72 month financing plans available that will guarantee you will be underwater for the majority of the loan.
72 month is pretty standard nowadays. Try 96 months for the real kicker.
Here’s my advice. Save money for a decent down payment. Start eating Ramen and pay off your credit card debt.

I’m looking at a 500 payment after 8k down and 2.49% financing with a credit union on a badlands.

I am selling my Jeep when my tags expire in January, and then refinancing my condo with a super low debt to income ratio. Should free up ~250 more a month to save, as well as to go towards the payment. They confirmed we aren’t going back to the office anytime soon so 6-8 months without car payment, no insurance, and saving what I would pay will be great for my bronco down payment. Will be interesting without a car, I’ve had one since I turned 19 but survived high school without one. Maybe It’ll help me get a bit more in shape! ?

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. My goal was to spend UNDER $50,000.

My preferred options comes to $49,750.
Reality has set in and I had to make some redlines.

Badlands now at $46,575.

I have some things I COULD still cut out but we'll see if that happens...

OP
OP

motman243

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
that used truck has already depreciated, too. don't have to take as big a hit on that.

is this the next generation?

*not related to previous quotes*
i am having a serious issue with self constraint trying not to bring politics in this thread. to the person who said "ok boomer" who was talking about teen daughter wanting a new jeep, you can't expect someone else to get something for you just because YOU want it. there is this thing called work and you have to do it sometimes. i am not a boomer, this came from a late gen z
That is literally his name. I just said his name. He attempted to insult my decision making with extremely limited information. According to his judgement, deciding NOT to buy a brand new car is poor decision making. That's why I addressed his insult with a simple ok, because clearly there is no reasoning with him. You're reading into the generational gap too much.

But yeah the truck is holding value very well. I bought it used and am not under water on any of my vehicles. This purchase however would change that. Which apparently is a poor decision according to Gamecock.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've noted several times on this forum don't buy into the hype, it's just a vehicle. A lot more people buy new vehicles than really should, it's an unwise financial move for almost everyone. Wait a year or 18 months after they hit the streets, there'll be many lightly used ones available. Yes, they probably won't depreciate as much as most vehicles, but a lightly used one will still be a much smarter buy than a new one. A vehicle is way down the list of the important things in life.
This is just not true in vehicles that don’t depreciate much. For Jeep wranglers, your total cost to own when buying brand new with fairly easy to achieve discounts off of MSRP, is frequently lower than buying used.

Sponsored
OP
OP

motman243

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yup, same here. Been shoveling cash into the savings to get as much down as I can. Sometimes I like a second coffee (Starbucks is convenient as it’s in 98% of my work places) so I have to remind myself not to do that. It’s only a few bucks here and there but it’s a few bucks here and there. Outside of my new Xbox, I’ve been very cheap.
I respect all of you for doing that kind of thing. Unfortunately I'm just not willing to change my standard of living for a car that would never reach it's full potential in my possession. I just wanted a safe 4 door truck that could take me anywhere I wanted to go. I'm not into off-roading every chance I get. It's fun, but far from a main hobby so it doesn't make sense for me to sacrifice other parts of my life for it. I just came here to whine, nothing more. Not asking for sympathy or advice. But the discussions have been interesting.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is literally his name. I just said his name. He attempted to insult my decision making with extremely limited information. According to his judgement, deciding NOT to buy a brand new car is poor decision making. That's why I addressed his insult with a simple ok, because clearly there is no reasoning with him. You're reading into the generational gap too much.

But yeah the truck is holding value very well. I bought it used and am not under water on any of my vehicles. This purchase however would change that. Which apparently is a poor decision according to Gamecock.
i know, i was kind of joking?

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Where did you get your badlands from, cuz a badlands 4 door is already 46 before taxes and with 8 k down after taxes ur still at around 600 a month
Sponsored