Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had a Black Diamon reserved. Was thinking it would be around $600/month tops.

I realized the build and price calculator automatically factors in 10% downpayment and slowly realized this is not going to happen for me.

I am young and make pretty good money. I have two cars, an F150 ecoboost and a 2SS Camaro. I was going to sell both to pay for the Bronco if needed. But $700/month for a car is outrageous. Even the base model with any extras puts you over $600 a month with no down payment and excellent credit for a 60 or 72 month loan. Seeing as I don't even have a family yet, there is no way I would ever be able or willing to swing this.

Anyone else coming to this realization too? It kinda sucks. If 4x4 is your thing and that's what you want to spend all your money on, then this is probably a pretty decent option. But I am worried a lot of people might spread themselves a little thin with this one. I am going to keep my older cars and enjoy the best of both worlds. To all of you who are committed and/or have the luxury of affording such a beautiful piece of machinery, I wish you the best! Enjoy it for me.
i got 1.74% interest on a couple of refi's from imcu, has gone up some now. refi the camaro to lower rate and pay down the principle, then trade in on the bronc in 8-9 months. saves sales tax.
Ford Bronco SAD: I can't afford the new Bronco. :( 1604722099297

diamond, mid pkg, 2.7L
$40,935 with 10% down = $654 x 60 MONTH
estimate; 2.5% interest
indiana members credit union
Vehicle Loans- 2018-2021 ModelsAs low as 2.24%

cmiles97

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Harley Davidson FLSS, 17 Ford Expedition EL,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am definitely canceling my July 19th reservation.

Can I afford it? Yes, if we have a good economy, my income depends on it.

This is my opinion only but I really don't think the economy is going to do well in the next 4 years. I'm going to hold onto my $50k as means to stay solvent during hard times.

I hope I'm wrong and I know others will slide up to my slot as Ford has done a great job with the Bronco. Others have recession proof incomes to handle it.

Good luck.

Take care of these new 2021, 2022 Broncos. I might be back in the market for a good used one in 2025 or so.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am definitely canceling my July 19th reservation.

Can I afford it? Yes, if we have a good economy, my income depends on it.

This is my opinion only but I really don't think the economy is going to do well in the next 4 years. I'm going to hold onto my $50k as means to stay solvent during hard times.

I hope I'm wrong and I know others will slide up to my slot as Ford has done a great job with the Bronco. Others have recession proof incomes to handle it.

Good luck.

Take care of these new 2021, 2022 Broncos. I might be back in the market for a good used one in 2025 or so.
Unfortunately I think you may be right about the economy over the next four years. But don't cancel your reservation until your dealer calls you to place the order. Something could happen?

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don’t forget the default rate is like 5% which is crazy high... navyfed is advertising 2.29% for 72months
While not everyone qualifies to join Navy Fed, there are many other credit unions with lenient membership qualifications, such as Pen Fed with interest rates at 2.5-3%. Check your local area to be sure. At 3% interest your payment is approx $18/$1,000 borrowed on a 5 yr loan

Sponsored
OP
OP

motman243

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At 3% interest your payment is approx $18/$1,000 borrowed on a 5 yr loan
Dumb question, but that's per year, right?? When you put it like that, that's not bad at all for borrowing a high level piece of machinery.

Or... is that per month? Cause then that's kinda not so great. LOL

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately I think you may be right about the economy over the next four years. But don't cancel your reservation until your dealer calls you to place the order. Something could happen?
Why? Because of covid?

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dumb question, but that's per year, right?? When you put it like that, that's not bad at all for borrowing a high level piece of machinery.

Or... is that per month? Cause then that's kinda not so great. LOL
That’s per month......a $40,000 loan would cost $720/month (40x18.00)

Jasterix

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I realized the build and price calculator automatically factors in 10% downpayment and slowly realized this is not going to happen for me.

I am young and make pretty good money. I have two cars, an F150 ecoboost and a 2SS Camaro. I was going to sell both to pay for the Bronco if needed. But $700/month for a car is outrageous. Even the base model with any extras puts you over $600 a month with no down payment and excellent credit for a 60 or 72 month loan. Seeing as I don't even have a family yet, there is no way I would ever be able or willing to swing this.

Anyone else coming to this realization too? It kinda sucks. If 4x4 is your thing and that's what you want to spend all your money on, then this is probably a pretty decent option. But I am worried a lot of people might spread themselves a little thin with this one. I am going to keep my older cars and enjoy the best of both worlds. To all of you who are committed and/or have the luxury of affording such a beautiful piece of machinery, I wish you the best! Enjoy it for me.
Long time reader of the forum and unfortunately in a very similar situation as you.

I'm realizing now that my payments will be too high for me to mentally live with comfortably. Going to prioritize a house downpayment, or an investment property at some point down the line and my hand-me-down beater will need to be replaced by something more fiscally responsible.

The manual transmissions is what I truly value with the Bronco, so I'll be looking at something else with a man trans to scoot me around town and pay with cash or a small loan.

The timing of a new Ford would be perfect bc my car is on its last legs and I'm an A-Plan candidate, I also love fact the top can pop and the looks of the grey top with the Cactus Grey, so it's hard to let go. I guess I was hoping the A-Plan was going to do more "MSRP slashing" than it looks like it will.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

motman243

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s per month......a $40,000 loan would cost $720/month (40x18.00)
Ahhh I see, I was thinking they were only refering to interest. But that wouldn't make sense per year anyways...

OP
OP

motman243

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Long time reader of the forum and unfortunately in a very similar situation as you.

I'm realizing now that my payments will be too high for me to mentally live with comfortably. Going to prioritize a house downpayment, or an investment property at some point down the line and my hand-me-down beater will need to be replaced by something more fiscally responsible.

The manual transmissions is what I truly value with the Bronco, so I'll be looking at something else with a man trans to scoot me around town and pay with cash or a small loan.

The timing of a new Ford would be perfect bc my car is on its last legs and I'm an A-Plan candidate, I also love fact the top can pop and the looks of the grey top with the Cactus Grey, so it's hard to let go. I guess I was hoping the A-Plan was going to do more "MSRP slashing" than it looks like it will.
Sounds like a pretty solid financial decision. I mean if you beat the hell out of these things as they were designed to be, you will be able to find tons of hardly used ones three to four years from now, and a new vs lightly used won't make a lick of difference.

I agree with you about the economy, but it's going to be a lot like global warming. Certain places will get hit hard while other places will flourish.

I actually decided to go the Bronco Sport route with this one. I love my F150, but the super crew doesn't cut it for a future family. I need a 4 door. And I only do the ocassional off-road mountain passes. I'm not a hardcore off-roader. I just wasn't able to configure a Bronco with all of the bells and whistles that would make buying a new car worth it. The Sport on the otherhand... I got a fully loaded Badlands ordered and will have the payments down to $500 a month rather than $600, for a very capable "luxury" SUV. It will be my first brand new car ever, but I think there is enough technology and reliability in these things that I will be comfortable with committing to it.

Clint Callahan

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get it man and I’m sorry. I’m back and forth with my cold feet too. For years I sat in this forum and we clicked our heels talking about how the smartest thing ford could do is undercut Jeep because we all know Jeep gets away with murder on their current pricing. Sadly when I simply priced a base, I quickly realized this wouldn’t be true for bronco dreamers. Ford is bending us over. I can forget the badlands and I’ll be lucky if I can get a black diamond after year two. Could I make it work? Probably. Is my family/ mortgage more important? Probably.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I was young again and made decent $$ I would put that $$ down to buy a home or investment property after I made myself debt free first....
Then when you get a little older pay cash for the exact Bronco you want without compromise.
Debt can be a huge burden (financial slavery) why trade your freedom for a chunk of metal with wheels

You might want to consider this: https://www.verywellmind.com/hedonic-adaptation-4156926
I couldn't agree more.
I scraped together every penny I could and bought a house when I was 26 years old. Over the years people often tried to talk me into cash out refi to add on to this little place or sell it and get a bigger house, but I never gave in, and now my little home will be paid off soon and I am celebrating by buying myself my first new car.
Buy a house first.
The Bronco is often and so many of us want them that Ford should be making them for quite a while. You can always get one later.

CanadianFord

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can't afford one either. A base two door with Sasquatch is $52 000 Canadian. Instead, I'm going with a Ranger XL with FX4 package. About $20 000 cheaper, and more than capible. Plus I'll have to the space to actually take things with me on my off road adventures.
Sponsored