Sad that rear hatch door doesn't drop down

scape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone else wishing the rear hatch dropped? It makes kayaks and hardware store runs easier I think!
I was partially hoping the spare dropped with the hatch altogether instead of the original swing arm system, but to lose the truck like hatch...
Sponsored

Sponsored

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This would be an issue in multiple ways with the spare tire.

Puck56

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, if the spare dropped with the hatch, tailgate style, soccer moms wouldn't be able to load groceries because they wouldn't be able to lift it back into place. Consider that even a 32" wheel/tire combo can weigh 60+ lbs. The 35" on my Jeep is 90 lbs.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Came across this thread looking for information on a possible 2-door rear seat roof hatch. I'm curious if anyone has heard more about this.

I thought I saw interior pics of it somewhere, but couldn't find them again. Regardless it shows up on the 360 Colorizer on Ford's site (oval cutout in the rear roof panel).

Ford Bronco Sad that rear hatch door doesn't drop down Hatch

I expect this is an emergency exit for rear passengers in case their world is suddenly turned on it's side. Don't know if was concept only or if it will make production.

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
This would be an issue in multiple ways with the spare tire.
For trucks like my '72 Blazer they worked around that with swing spare holders. I'd rather have a tailgate on the Bronco, but I can deal.

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Our early-80s Bronco had the spare mounted inside the cargo area, so it didn't interfere with the tailgate. The problem was that the glass always got stuck, and you couldn't open the tailgate if the glass wasn't down.

Sponsored

BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was really hoping for the glass in the rear to drop down into the tailgate regardless of the style.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My biggest gripe is that we have a pretty tight area for a driveway, where our 2 cars are single file near the sidewalk. There is no room to expand, and we actually just expanded it to it's max a few year ago. The Bronco will be parked at the top of the driveway more times than not, with my wifes commuter sedan behind it. The cars need to be within 2-3' of each other front-to-back. Meaning we may need to temporarily back up the sedan a couple feet over the sidewalk every time we need to access the bronco trunk given the swing out door. We currently do not have to do this given our outback flip up tailgate clears the front hood of the sedan. So that is fairly annoying for everyday use. While this may seem like a minor complaint, I do probably have the worst parking situation I could think of for a car with a swing out tailgate.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i don't mind it. it'd be a lose lose situation either way. make it a hatch and you'll have to move the spare somewhere that'll affect something else. trunk space, ground clearance, angle of departure.
i'm good as it is now. just see a bit of a pita if you close the door before the glass. wonder how far you'd have to swing open the door so the glass can open?

ghost1986

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Base
If there was a way to dampen the weight of the spare tire to make it easier I always thought a dual way tailgate like the Ridgeline would have been an insanely cool way to do the new Bronco tailgate.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Sad that rear hatch door doesn't drop down Hatch

I expect this is an emergency exit for rear passengers in case their world is suddenly turned on it's side. Don't know if was concept only or if it will make production.
With an Eject Button for Unknown Reasons :LOL:
Sponsored