Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If there was a way to dampen the weight of the spare tire to make it easier I always thought a dual way tailgate like the Ridgeline would have been an insanely cool way to do the new Bronco tailgate.
it'll take a lot to dampen and assist 40+lbs of weight. not to mention if it drops down you'd still have the rear tire sticking out and you'll need to have enough support for a 65+lbs 35" wheel and tire plus the weight of 350+lbs of someone climbing onto it or loading it with something.
Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't forget about all of the different accessories that Jeep has for mounting Fuel Cans and other things to the spare tire carrier. I was hoping that FoMoCo would have done a separate spare tire carrier that was frame/body mounted and the drop down tailgate. It could have still had the rear window attached to the roof so that the rolling down issue of prior years wouldn't be an issue.

Yes, yes, I hear some of the .... but, but ... you'd have to swing the spare tire out of the way and then open the rear glass to open the drop down tailgate!!!!! To that, I'd say, I'd GLADLY do the extra steps.

OP
OP

scape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wonder how difficult it would be to unpin the swing out gate entirely, for temporary situations. The only reason I ask is hardware store runs would be easier if it was flat and open out the back.

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My biggest gripe is that we have a pretty tight area for a driveway, where our 2 cars are single file near the sidewalk. There is no room to expand, and we actually just expanded it to it's max a few year ago. The Bronco will be parked at the top of the driveway more times than not, with my wifes commuter sedan behind it. The cars need to be within 2-3' of each other front-to-back. Meaning we may need to temporarily back up the sedan a couple feet over the sidewalk every time we need to access the bronco trunk given the swing out door. We currently do not have to do this given our outback flip up tailgate clears the front hood of the sedan. So that is fairly annoying for everyday use. While this may seem like a minor complaint, I do probably have the worst parking situation I could think of for a car with a swing out tailgate.
Do you find yourself just watching tv and then being like, “man I really need to go put something in the back of the bronco now.” I would think of you are planning to go somewhere with the bronco the car will already be planned to be moved.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder how difficult it would be to unpin the swing out gate entirely, for temporary situations. The only reason I ask is hardware store runs would be easier if it was flat and open out the back.
like removing the doors? that'd be interesting. remove the rear hatch for long items almost like a pick up.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Came across this thread looking for information on a possible 2-door rear seat roof hatch. I'm curious if anyone has heard more about this.

I thought I saw interior pics of it somewhere, but couldn't find them again. Regardless it shows up on the 360 Colorizer on Ford's site (oval cutout in the rear roof panel).

Hatch.jpg

I expect this is an emergency exit for rear passengers in case their world is suddenly turned on it's side. Don't know if was concept only or if it will make production.
It's a sunroof for the rear seat. Already been confirmed.

OP
OP

scape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
like removing the doors? that'd be interesting. remove the rear hatch for long items almost like a pick up.
yea exactly, maybe even put a net back there for when you know you wont put the door back on for a while
Sponsored