First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone know the diameter of the safari bar? I plan on mounting 6" round fog lights on it and am looking at mounts. Any suggestions on good quality lights that are not as expensive as the $500 to $600 dollar Rigid 360 series? How about good mount options? Are the $20 AL mounts on Amazon sturdy enough for a 6" light? Thank you!
Sponsored

OP
OP

bg1767

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone? No first editions out there that can measure the safari bar?

MustangRanch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT350, 11 GT500, 20 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
roughly 2" very thin, think exhaust tubing.

alexryer

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4-Dr Soft Manual
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone know the diameter of the safari bar? I plan on mounting 6" round fog lights on it and am looking at mounts. Any suggestions on good quality lights that are not as expensive as the $500 to $600 dollar Rigid 360 series? How about good mount options? Are the $20 AL mounts on Amazon sturdy enough for a 6" light? Thank you!
I'm looking to do the same, mounting two Rigid 360-series 6" lights with amber backlight hanging upside down from the top of the safari bar. The Rigid mounting bracket is 4" wide, so I think I'll need 2 tube mounts for each light spaced a couple of inches apart. Axia Alloys makes a 2" roll bar mount that fits perfectly. https://axiaalloys.com/product-category/roll-cage-accessories/light-mounts/ and a couple of colors. These mounts used to be sold by Rigid for twice what Axia charges for them and they even had the Axia logo on them. They are $32 each x 4.

I'm still on the fence whether to do that. Post a picture of your setup when you add the lights!

Last edited:

NevadaDesertExploration

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can dim the led light bar if you can find a low voltage dimmer switch. But if the led circuit board isn’t build with dimming capability’s you will cause the light bar to fail prematurely. It could also pulsate due to the low voltage or not even work.

I would suggest making some kind of tented lens cover you could attach to the face. This will dim the led output and save you from replacing the failed unit early.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's not just the first editions with the safari bar... but you didn't want to spend a lot of money and honestly, you need to spend money to get a good set of quality lights.

Here is what we have to offer, but it's WAY out of your price range. Figured i'd share it anyway:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/swarfworks-triple-lp6-light-mount-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Ford Bronco Safari bar diameter?  Light options? 1644468516859

OP
OP

bg1767

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I ended up putting 6" Rigid lights on the a-pillar using BodyGuard mounts to move them back and out.

20220206_101143.jpg

PanAfrica

Base
First Name
ERIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
I installed these Hella 500's on the safari bar as another suggested.
I really like the "ole school" look. I realize they are out further than the bar itself, but when I encounter a stray cow in the road, I stop, get out and gently nudge it across the road.
Ford Bronco Safari bar diameter?  Light options? driving lights

staffcurtis

Badlands
First Name
staff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

4x4TruckLEDs.com