Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update #2: 2/17/23 1:45pm

Just received from the rep I spoke to on Friday, after I send an email today requesting an update:

Hello Tom, I have received the email, with all the attachments. I’m having a issue getting the video to play, however its probably my company firewall. I have reviewed the pictures of the damage and I’m going to forward these to my contact at the body shop I use. Since the doors are sagging they will need to be re-adjusted by a body professional, and the paint will need to be matched.

With that said I’m working on this and will reach out to you soon. I apologize for not getting back sooner, yesterday I closed out a couple other customers with somewhat similar issues, so now I can focus on your vehicle.
Sponsored

Wanderexplore

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer gts
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had bad experience with Safelite on my F150. I thought I was the only one to have trouble with them but now I see they are to be avoided at all costs, literally.
I'm an insurance agent and never have issues in my market with them. I refer clients often and definitely wouldn't if that wasn't the case. I'm sure it's like anything else, depends on where you are and who runs that shop.

Wanderexplore

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer gts
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just received from the rep I spoke to on Friday, after I send an email today requesting an update:

Hello Tom, I have received the email, with all the attachments. I’m having a issue getting the video to play, however its probably my company firewall. I have reviewed the pictures of the damage and I’m going to forward these to my contact at the body shop I use. Since the doors are sagging they will need to be re-adjusted by a body professional, and the paint will need to be matched.

With that said I’m working on this and will reach out to you soon. I apologize for not getting back sooner, yesterday I closed out a couple other customers with somewhat similar issues, so now I can focus on your vehicle.
Wow. Good they're taking responsibility; maybe a bit too much from a business perspective!
I'd honestly talk to them about diminished value, especially if that's going on vin history.

scranch18121

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 runner/ F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"Safelight repair... Safelight replace"... your windshield, your cowl, your pillar paint, your door hinges, your door alignment, your paint where the doors are rubbing too.

Dwadeuru10

Badlands
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata, Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Somewhat similar issues?? As in someone else was sitting on the doors?

I got a rock chip first week in January (I think) that has turned into about a 12" crack right in front of the driver side. The chip was super small and located on the black tinted edge in front of the pillar. So not something that I could see while driving so I never noticed it and didn't get it fixed. Went to safelite right when the crack started (about 4") and they had an OEM in stock but I didn't want to replace if I could find someone to fix the crack. Now its much bigger and more annoying...But I'm probably not going back to safelite, haha.

Sorry for your troubles, but this is helpful to all. I would never think to check my doors after taking in my car to do anything, but now I will.

Sponsored

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow, that's crazy. I had them replace my 2015 Flex windshield and I had the worst air leak which never got fixed and I just traded it in. The door part is the worst. You chose the best color, by the way.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I did some google searching online. I found a single comment on a ranger forum. A guy asked ford customer service if he could get the MAP sticker and they sent him one. So I tried too. I used the ford customer service chat feature. I asked the lady if there was anyway I could possibly get the MAP sticker after explaining my windshield had been replaced. It took her a little while to look into it but she came back and said she was able to request a sticker for me. She then asked for my address so it could be sent to me. We’ll see if it comes in the mail. I like that ford put their assembly plant stickers on their vehicles.
I am familiar with that, but look at the response I got recently (like this week) from them just to maybe set an expectation.

Montgomery, Dawn (D.) <[email protected]>
8:32 AM (43 minutes ago)
Hello,

Thank you for your recent contact with the Customer Relationship Center. We received your request for a replacement Assembly Plant Windshield Sticker for your 2022 Ford Bronco.

Regrettably, due to the COVID-19 crisis, our office is closed and we are working from home. This being said, we are not currently able to mail out communications. Unfortunately, we don’t have an estimate on when we would be able to mail the sticker out, but there is delay on sending them out. Your request will go on a list and we will mail it out ASAP once we return to the office. Rest assured your request is on the list and will be mailed out once able to.

If you have any other questions, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673.

Thank you for contacting Ford.

Dawn Montgomery
Research Analyst, Ford CX/DX Team
[email protected]

2091 Oakwood Blvd.
Dearborn, MI 48124 USA

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am familiar with that, but look at the response I got recently (like this week) from them just to maybe set an expectation.

Montgomery, Dawn (D.) <[email protected]>
8:32 AM (43 minutes ago)
Hello,

Thank you for your recent contact with the Customer Relationship Center. We received your request for a replacement Assembly Plant Windshield Sticker for your 2022 Ford Bronco.

Regrettably, due to the COVID-19 crisis, our office is closed and we are working from home. This being said, we are not currently able to mail out communications. Unfortunately, we don’t have an estimate on when we would be able to mail the sticker out, but there is delay on sending them out. Your request will go on a list and we will mail it out ASAP once we return to the office. Rest assured your request is on the list and will be mailed out once able to.

If you have any other questions, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673.

Thank you for contacting Ford.

Dawn Montgomery
Research Analyst, Ford CX/DX Team
[email protected]

2091 Oakwood Blvd.
Dearborn, MI 48124 USA
Yep I got the same email the other day word for word from the same person. I meant to update the thread but I forgot.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well finally got mine replaced by Safelite. Was nervous after the op started this thread. I ended up cancelling my at home replacement and driving 45 minutes to the nearest Safelite shop. Well worth it. They have all the proper tools, ladders and such for access and extra hands to help if need be. I was in and out in about 1.5 hrs or so.

We'll see long term but as far as visuals and calibration of the sensors it seems perfect so far. No marks/scratches or any adhesive out of place and my lane assist and ACC seem to be more accurate (that's probably just my perception). They even called the day before to make sure the Bronco has no heavy cargo and that the fuel tank is at least 3/4 full when you drop it off so that it can be calibrated properly. Pretty thorough IMO. So far no disappointment from me at all (and based on this thread I was prepared to nit-pick). My deductible was $250 out the door.

One thing to note- when I originally booked she asked if mine had the graphics and such imbedded in the windshield. I don't know if all Broncos have that but mine did. They put in an OEM windshield because of that which is a good thing I think. Make sure you ask and request OEM.

Roadhusky

Badlands
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 4dr 2.7L Badsquatch hardtop with tow package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When Safelite did mine (did a very good job btw) they asked if it said BRONCO across the top, I said no (not across the top). Next time, and there will be a next time , I'll say yes and maybe I'll get logo glass.
I was using Allstate's online glass claim and got the same question, answered it the same way. Then I searched this forum for "windshield replacement" just to see if there was anything I should be aware of, and realized from this thread that I should call back. They did end up switching me to OEM, no problem, but during that conversation they were like "ok so you do have the horse logo?" and I was like... "uhh I don't think there's a horse but it definitely says Bronco" so now I'm curious... ARE there Bronco windshields that have the logo across the top, not the driver's side bottom, and/or a horse?

Anyway, thanks to everyone sharing their experiences, even the ones that have me a little anxious for my appointment coming up on Monday, hah.

Sponsored

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So my dealer is going to have a local window tint shop fix my windshield recall. They’re actually scheduled to come to my house on Friday to do the fix. This story kind of scares me though. Anyone have the recall fixed with no issues?

hope everything is good with you OP!

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So my dealer is going to have a local window tint shop fix my windshield recall. They’re actually scheduled to come to my house on Friday to do the fix. This story kind of scares me though. Anyone have the recall fixed with no issues?

hope everything is good with you OP!
I have the same recall. I’m ignoring it because it’s a “compliant” recall, not “safety”. I wouldn’t worry about it.

As far as Safelite, I’ll never use them now. This thread was the little push i needed. I’ve always hated that company for their terrible, creepy commercials anyhow.
Sponsored