Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Gang,

I will admit I am completely new to the forum but have been a long-time lurker. :) I'm a total noob, so go easy on me. :D I have a MY22 Badlands 7MT lux package on order and I was wondering...what sensors on the vehicle are responsible for the various safety and "driving" features? For example...does every trim come with pre-collision detection and lane keeping assist? If so, are those the same sensors as the parking sensors on the front bumper or is that in the windshield? I realize adaptive cruise control comes on the lux package, but is that the only feature that box on the front bumper does?

I know the idea of losing ACC and front parking sensors has been beaten to death on the forum if I get an aftermarket bumper or winch (well, most aftermarket bumpers / winches, anyway) unless relocation is an option. I am just curious about learning how the various safety features work so I and others can be educated on what features could be impacted as we decide on future modifications.

I thought this might hopefully be helpful for others as well as at least myself. Sorry if this is redundant topic.

Thanks in advance. :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

the ACC is somewhere behind the Grill i think. parking sensors in the bumpers. Not 100% but from the video's i've seen and the ACC relocation bracket placement behind the grill, that's what I gather.

Sorry not much help, but so far nobody else responded. Didn't want to leave you hanging.

OP
OP
HotRod76

HotRod76

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the ACC is somewhere behind the Grill i think. parking sensors in the bumpers. Not 100% but from the video's i've seen and the ACC relocation bracket placement behind the grill, that's what I gather.

Sorry not much help, but so far nobody else responded. Didn't want to leave you hanging.
Thanks, Rex! I have heard that relocating the ACC sensor behind the grille is tough to get right. I was curious if the parking sensors just cause the truck to beep when you get close to something or do they impact other features? I am trying to be careful before I go crazy with mods, lol.
Sponsored