Sponsored

Safety options limit future modifications?

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do safety options such as adaptive cruise control, evasive steering assist on the Lux package create potential problems in the future if lifting and using 37" tires?

In the Toyota world the inclusion of Toyota Safety Sense in recent years has made it a bit harder to lift vehicles without moving the sensors in the grill, and often requires an expensive recalibration and voiding of the warranty. Some Toyota trucks and SUV's are fine with the mods and others aren't and create a hassle.

It seems like Ford Copilot 360 comes at the mid package
I don't think the reverse or forward sensing on the mid or high package will do anything, but what about that stuff on the Lux package?

This could be a deciding factor on Lux vs High for me.
Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do safety options such as adaptive cruise control, evasive steering assist on the Lux package create potential problems in the future if lifting and using 37" tires?

In the Toyota world the inclusion of Toyota Safety Sense in recent years has made it a bit harder to lift vehicles without moving the sensors in the grill, and often requires an expensive recalibration and voiding of the warranty. Some Toyota trucks and SUV's are fine with the mods and others aren't and create a hassle.

I don't think the reverse or forward sensing on the mid or high package will do anything, but what about that stuff on the Lux package?

Just add Sasquatch and Lux and then all your problems are solved.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Per my conversation with a product engineer at Warn - YES it could pose a problem and render the systems inoperable or cause them to not offer products for vehicles with that option. He explained that even the depth of the bumper could impact the calibration of the collision system. Parking sensors were absolutely NOT an issue he said.

OP
OP
U725Bronco

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just add Sasquatch and Lux and then all your problems are solved.
I was planning Sas, but high vs Lux is the bigger consideration in case I want to upgrade to 37s a few years down the line when aftermarket suspension options improve. If Lux didn't limit upgrade options, then there would be less to consider ;)

Also trying to decide FE vs Badlands and high package

OP
OP
U725Bronco

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Per my conversation with a product engineer at Warn - YES it could pose a problem and render the systems inoperable or cause them to not offer products for vehicles with that option. He explained that even the depth of the bumper could impact the calibration of the collision system. Parking sensors were absolutely NOT an issue he said.
that's what I was thinking and that info may push me away from Lux....I don't like the idea of messing with factory designed electronic safety equipment

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

that's what I was thinking and that info may push me away from Lux....I don't like the idea of messing with factory designed electronic safety equipment
I'm probably not gonna use it anyway and turn it all off...but I want Lux for the B&O.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Strong reason why I chose to order a Badlands Sasquatch with the base equipment package.

Less electronics = yes please.

I’m hopeful this will reduce headaches when I replace the bumpers. Plus I’m just not interest in all that tech.

PEACE.

OP
OP
U725Bronco

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm probably not gonna use it anyway and turn it all off...but I want Lux for the B&O.
do we know if it will have to be disabled every time the Bronco is started or does it remember last settings?

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

do we know if it will have to be disabled every time the Bronco is started or does it remember last settings?
Not sure...my wife's X5 is set to her key and my settings to my key, so I know it can be done, just not sure how Ford does it.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
YES!!! is the short answer. The radar sensor for the adaptive cruise is the biggest PITA. I hit a deer with my truck, replaced the bumper, and assumed the "calibration" for the radar sensor would be cheap and simple, $500 later I knew I was wrong.

I did NOT want anything with the Copilot 360 on mine but with the way Ford has grouped options I'm ordering the mid package. Least I will not have the adaptive cruise but it does mention forward crash avoidance so I really do not know if the radar senor will be on it or not, I hope to hell not.

I'm holding out hope I can disable the functions I do not want later on.

Sponsored
OP
OP
U725Bronco

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm studying this a bit more and at least on a Badlands if you order the mid package you get Ford Copilot 360 that includes:
lane keeping system
pre-collision assist and automatic emergency braking
collision warning and dynamic brake support

the high package adds the
forward sensing (is that just the sensors in the bumper that beep when approaching objects?)

lux gets:
adaptive cruise
evasive steering

so, it seems like even the mid package will have the radar system and other tech that will make it harder to lift the Bronco and add mods in the future

from mid to high it doesn't seem like anything worse

high to lux.....is everything software related at that point?

Maybe only the people with the standard package will be able to lift and modify their Broncos without messing with all the sensors....either that or the aftermarket will have relocation brackets and software calibration tools

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

U725Bronco; What is the significance of the "U725" ? I am curious as I see it on several accessory options. Such as "U725 Winch" - Performance Winch. Wondered what the correlation was if any. Thanks

OP
OP
U725Bronco

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

U725Bronco; What is the significance of the "U725" ? I am curious as I see it on several accessory options. Such as "U725 Winch" - Performance Winch. Wondered what the correlation was if any. Thanks
U725 is Ford's product code for the upcoming Bronco

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

U13 66 roster
U14 half cab
U15 station wagon
All Broncos during 66 through 77

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
And U260 was the first of several prototype Broncos that were proposed in the early 2000s by the Bronco Underground.
Sponsored