Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Saga of the King in Yellow PXL_20230129_190444577.PORTRAIT
Ford Bronco Saga of the King in Yellow PXL_20230211_002431778

Realized I haven't added the latest addition to this thread: TrailRax roof rack with Pak Rax

Easy enough install, for the most part. Easier to align and install the front bar if you don't attach the rest of the rack first. Do the front, then just attach the rest of the assembly to the front bar. Also, they really should have some sort of cutout in the bars so you can access the slots without disassembling things. As it is, you really want to have everything connected to the slots before you assemble the rack.

And while TrailRax has been very helpful here on the forums, it would be nice if they posted all the specs on their site for what kind of hardware will reliably fit in their slots. They list some compatible systems, but for storage that consists of Pelican and Roam, which are both fairly expensive and use what amounts to proprietary attachments.

Very sturdy while being lightweight. Better load ratings than the factory accessory option, and the ability to stow water and fuel on the PakRax is a nice option.

My biggest issue is the wind noise, but not in the way you might think.
I've got the MIC top, and there has always been a little bit of noise at the top of the windshield. Not bad at all, to be expected with a removable top. With the TrailRax and wind deflector installed, that noise is gone. Which now means I can hear the wind noise in the back seat that has probably been there all along.

I did test out removing the roof panels with the rack on. It's actually a little more difficult than it otherwise would be with my setup, due to the JTop. Makes maneuvering the panels more challenging when you can't easily manipulate them from inside.

Front two panels were easy enough. Just slowly slide them out from the sides, and there's plenty of room. Mid panel was more challenging. There's less room as you have to lift one side over the bracket that it clips to (Just behind the front panels). I think the issue was largely due to my having the Jtop. It's presence means the bracket is just a tiny bit higher, which reduces the clearance even more. And it definitely makes lifting the panel out more difficult, even without a rack installed.

I was still able to remove the panel by myself in 5-6 minutes. Would probably come off in about 2 if you have a second pair of hands.
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good job. Send some of that "git ur dun" over my way, eh? lol :whistle:

Gonna have to steal that box idea. Of course!

aniljavali

Badlands
First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '22 & Tesla 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

tinted front windows

PXL_20230307_191754408.jpg

PXL_20230307_191807367.jpg

aniljavali

Badlands
First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '22 & Tesla 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

tinted front windows, blacken beauty rings

Leilani

Big Bend
First Name
Leilani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mini cooper/ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here's a couple of shots of the grounding busbar.
Ford Bronco Saga of the King in Yellow PXL_20230307_191807367

Got the sill guards installed. Installed easy, and they match the CO great.

Next up comes the lights. I don't need massive banks of gargantuan lights to illuminate an airfield, but I do need some fog lights. We get some heavy fog in the Central Valley, especially near the fields between my house and the airport. I'm also hoping to take the family up into the Sierras during the winter (none of our previous vehicles could go up when chains were required), so I want some amber lights too.

I went with a kit that let me pick the lights I wanted. KR Off-Road Bracket to mount 3 pairs in the pockets of the HD Modular bumper. After seeing some real-world testing, I went with Diode Dynamics. They seemed to provide better light output than Rigid or Baja. I decided on one set of white fogs (SSC2 Sport) for routine use, a set of amber fogs (SSC2 Pro) for worse conditions, and a set of white combos (SS3 Sport). The combos came with an amber backlight, so I opted for the backlight on all 3 pairs.

And of course, the aux switch labels:
Beautifully done!
May I ask where you purchased your sill guards and where I can get the badges these days?

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I drive my Bronco, and it is pretty much fine the way it is, with a minor list of things to add. I read this thread, and I have so much to do. I need to get busy. Well done, OP.

OP
OP
Natai

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beautifully done!
May I ask where you purchased your sill guards and where I can get the badges these days?
Those sill guards are from Fast Intentions, and they've held up very well.

I know StickerFab just launched actual licensed Bronco emblems. I've got an affiliate link and discount code for them:
StickerFab Ford Licensed Bronco Cursive Script
Discount code for 5% off: BRONCO6G

Leilani

Big Bend
First Name
Leilani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mini cooper/ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi Natai,

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I'm all over the sill guards and emblems!

I do have a few more questions if/when you and the rest of our Bronco Universe has a hot minute to chime in:

1)I have a soft top and travel for work and play so I need to lock my belongings when possible.

This was on your build list:
https://tuffyproducts.com/products/...sjVD1dcDjJYTfvbXpqEaAuElEALw_wcB&sku=755-CUST

Do you recommend it?

2) What did you do for mud flaps? I understand these are essential for snow/ice and my trips to Tahoe.

3) What did you do for floor mats for mud, water, snow, dirt, I needed them yesterday?!

4). Running boards, considering the latter but I'm OCD about keeping the exterior/interior detailed:

https://www.gorhino.com/i-30506675-dominator-xtreme-d1-side-steps-with-mounting-bracket-kit.html

https://archetyperacing.com/products/ar-magnum-stirrup?variant=43964237545685

I'm flying solo here so any counsel (ALL of) you can provide is greatly appreciated 🙏

OP
OP
Natai

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Natai,

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I'm all over the sill guards and emblems!

I do have a few more questions if/when you and the rest of our Bronco Universe has a hot minute to chime in:

1)I have a soft top and travel for work and play so I need to lock my belongings when possible.

This was on your build list:
https://tuffyproducts.com/products/...sjVD1dcDjJYTfvbXpqEaAuElEALw_wcB&sku=755-CUST

Do you recommend it?

2) What did you do for mud flaps? I understand these are essential for snow/ice and my trips to Tahoe.

3) What did you do for floor mats for mud, water, snow, dirt, I needed them yesterday?!

4). Running boards, considering the latter but I'm OCD about keeping the exterior/interior detailed:

https://www.gorhino.com/i-30506675-dominator-xtreme-d1-side-steps-with-mounting-bracket-kit.html

https://archetyperacing.com/products/ar-magnum-stirrup?variant=43964237545685

I'm flying solo here so any counsel (ALL of) you can provide is greatly appreciated 🙏
For keeping things secure in cargo area, that Tuffy Deluxe Enclosure is good. Cannot open the swing gate without a key, so it works well. Very pleased with it and recommend.

I haven't used mud flaps, and I wouldn't be worried about them heading to the ice/snow. Only thing they would do is reduce some of the kickup, but you're going to want wash your Bronco anyway. Only time front flaps are that important is if you're running Sasquatch and are going anywhere near a gravel road, as those tires are renowned for throwing rocks.

I went with a Badlands and MGV, so the rubberized floormats and washout flooring is perfect. If you went with leather/carpet, others can offer suggestions.

Personally, I don't like the running boards, as I feel like I need to step over them. However, I do have some shorter family members, so I got the IAG EZ steps (stirrups). AR ones are nice, but they are very expensive. Also, it you have any intentions of checking out Rubicon or similar trails in the future, you are better off getting frame-mounted rock rails that will protect the body.

Leilani

Big Bend
First Name
Leilani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mini cooper/ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For keeping things secure in cargo area, that Tuffy Deluxe Enclosure is good. Cannot open the swing gate without a key, so it works well. Very pleased with it and recommend.

I haven't used mud flaps, and I wouldn't be worried about them heading to the ice/snow. Only thing they would do is reduce some of the kickup, but you're going to want wash your Bronco anyway. Only time front flaps are that important is if you're running Sasquatch and are going anywhere near a gravel road, as those tires are renowned for throwing rocks.

I went with a Badlands and MGV, so the rubberized floormats and washout flooring is perfect. If you went with leather/carpet, others can offer suggestions.

Personally, I don't like the running boards, as I feel like I need to step over them. However, I do have some shorter family members, so I got the IAG EZ steps (stirrups). AR ones are nice, but they are very expensive. Also, it you have any intentions of checking out Rubicon or similar trails in the future, you are better off getting frame-mounted rock rails that will protect the body.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback. I will proceed with the Tuffy Deluxe enclosure and repost this to the main thread as I did go with carpet and prefer rubber mats on top to deal with all the rain/snow/dirt. Myself and my little ones are also petite and need a little help getting into our BB so a step of some sort is imminent.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback. I will proceed with the Tuffy Deluxe enclosure and repost this to the main thread as I did go with carpet and prefer rubber mats on top to deal with all the rain/snow/dirt. Myself and my little ones are also petite and need a little help getting into our BB so a step of some sort is imminent.
If you're bothering to get "steps", get proper sliders that double as steps.

On the cheap end are Z-roads, which are great for light duty and occasional impacts. If you want to actually crawl and protect the body from moderate/serious impacts then you will want frame-mounted sliders.

The archetype look cool, but those will get destroyed right quick if you ever actually hit anything with them. Billet aluminum had its strengths, but avoiding abrasion isn't one of them.
Sponsored