broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone buying in Salt Lake? Super Ford in SLC is very unresponsive when I ask if they will match offers like Granger. I was wondering if there is an existing buyer group in town or a Granger buyer group to get reduced shipping?
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think I've seen any yet. My kid lives out that way too bad he's not looking at Bronco's.
Once this x-plan bs calms down you may get more responses.

One thing I will say (based on my experience with it) don't ask dealers to match those deals. Maybe mention those deals exist, but then ask them if they are offering any type of incentive.

lostone

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in if we can group deal. I suspect the dealers previously offering deals below invoice and what not may start backing away from prior statements. The x plan change is a sign to me dealers are pushing hard to extract as much $$ as they can get away with.

abdickson70

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would definitely be interested in a UT buyers group, ala the Colorado group, to save the trip to CO or Kearny Mesa Ford.

joungst

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Hyundai Tiburon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would also be interested in a buyers group. My reservation is at LHMSF as well. I have had two interactions via email with them, but this was before the X-Plan announcement. In another thread, I was talking with @lostone in the other Utah thread. He had mentioned he was planning to go down to LHM to talk with them and try and get some answers..

In my email exchange with Tony at LHM, these were the replies I got:
On additional down payment required:​
We will not be requiring additional money to place the order. Once it becomes time for the order we will contact you, review the costs and payment as well as features and options.
On X-Plan pricing:​
If ford offers it we will honor it. If they do it like the raptor there will be no discounts or incentives.
Now with X-Plan off the table and from hearing that SLC dealers aren't super great, I would fully expect them to back out of X-Plan, but I am still planning on negotiating $1000 under invoice. If they don't do it, I'll move my reservation somewhere that will because I'm planning on a Badlands with accessories galore so under invoice will be a big deal for me in trying to save $$$.

If this gets any traction and we get a group buy deal from a local dealer here, that'd be great.

Sponsored

Hoot23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd definitely be interested. I have myself and 2 others that are going to do whatever I decide to do. I'd love to find a local place to take care of us. Just not sure we'll be able to. As of right now we haven't made the switch to Granger but that is definitely the plan. Ford changing the date really gave us some breathing room for that. From the local responses I have heard I don't like our chances of getting a dealer that is willing to do $1000 off of invoice.

I'll be honest, the handling of this whole thing by Ford and the local dealers has me leaning towards just buying another Land Cruiser and forgetting this whole Bronco thing.

Broncosofinsta

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm Ken Garff in St George and will also join a group. My plan right now is to switch to Granger and most likely join the Colorado group. Would love if we could put a similar shipping group to Utah from Granger. I haven't heard of any dealers in Utah willing to give any incentives. The dealer switch date getting changed to Jan 31st really will help with negotiations but I'd like to get something in place before ordering if possible.

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'd be interested as well.
For what it's worth, Crandall Ford in Park City has told me they will not be charging a premium over MSRP, and this was with or without x-plan. It's not invoice or below, but...

Last edited:

jmadsen

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F350, 2017 Explorer, 1945 Ford GPW, 53 C6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm in as well if something seems reasonable.
I get it that everyone needs to make money, my biggest problem is not knowing what kind of a "ride" I could potentially get taken for. I just want to know what the pricing is going to be, then I can decide on what works best for me.

Having said that I'm sure I will be transferring to Granger with my early 7-13 reservation. I already made a second October reservation with Granger thinking I may want the manual sasquatch that would have later delivery anyway. If I don't order that option then I'll follow through on my early reservation.
maybe we can get enough Utah orders close enough together to get some discounted shipping? or have it shipped with the Colorado group shipping but still a possible logistical problem there with timing on pickup etc.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford granger gives the discounted shipping if we fill a truck of 6 cars. We are definitely 6 already from your messages and since I have a local friend not on the forum in the same situation.
if we all switch to granger, then we could get discounted shipping. The question is how we coordinate that with @Granger Ford ?

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another interested Utah/SLC-area buyer. My reservation is with the Super Ford Store but I realized I could probably save money by going to Draper (if not somewhere else), based only on the .5% tax difference. I initially wasn't considering Granger due to the distance, but would be open to that.

I read the post that they can discount for a shipment of 6 Broncos, but what happens if all 6 of ours don't come in at about the same time? Up to 5 of us could be waiting (a long time?) for that 6th Bronco to arrive.

Do we want to each take an assignment of some dealers to call and report back?

Jessewin37

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I moved both my two to Granger. Tried every Ford dealer in Utah and they wouldnā€™t budge. Last 3 cars I have bought have been out of state. Dealerships here SUCK.

Rovertbee

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I and my friend switched our reservations to Granger. Couple things Iā€™ve learned:
  • Ken Garff in American Fork would not match Granger. They did commit to selling at MSRP.
  • Granger told me they donā€™t have a shipper willing to go to Utah
So my plan is to make a major road trip out of it. Posted this on the ā€œpositivityā€ forum earlier today:

Kudos to OP @JordSrsly for the positivity! Iā€™m super excited for my Bronco! Since switching to @Granger Ford Iā€™ve had no stress over these changes. Hardest part for me is choosing color and options - excited for BnP to help me out there this weekend!

Had positive fun yesterday planning my first trip in my new Bronco with my 70-yr old Dad (from Granger IA to home in Utah)
  • Day 1) Pick up Badlands Bronco with no hassle, do 8-hr drive to Badlands NP in my Badlands (yes I understand engine breakin and will adjust accordingly)
  • Day 2) Explore Badlands NP
  • Day 3) 8-hr drive to Ouray CO
  • Day 4) Wheel Imogene Pass and Black Bear Pass
  • Day 5) 4-hr drive to Moab, wheel Fins-n-Things
  • Day 6) Wheel Hellā€™s Revenge and Poison Spider
  • Day 7) 3 1/2-hr drive home
Will arrive home fully satisfied, great pics to share, and most importantly special memories with Dad.

Broncosofinsta

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Granger told me they donā€™t have a shipper willing to go to Utah
Well in that case I'll be moving my 7/13 reservation to Granger and most likely join the Colorado group and take a day or two to drive home.
Sponsored