First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting, seeing as how my knock off Boggers measure out at 35.5 and 10 across the lugs. I'd be a little miffed if it was passed off as a 37.
The tires turned out pretty big after being mounted. Here is 1 next to the stock 285/70R17 KO2's.

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned ArRcxbl

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned zOnyW8b

evts91c.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I swapped out the rear tail lights this weekend for the Oracle flush mount versions. I haven't done the FORScan work to make them work yet, but I'll get to that part soon. I had to do some massaging of the metal fender on the driver side in order to get the light to fit. Lights turned out real good in my opinion.

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned wRwYqhh

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned vvxATa

PP6kBqS.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also ordered up a Blind Spot Monitor sensor from eBay. I ordered the Mustang version as it has the same model and ANTEL numbers. I hope it works and just plugs in on my driver side rear.

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned ShVWNqh

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my grill off to fix the cracked corner and install Oracle B-R-O-N-C-O lights. I won't be able to "match" the factory grill color so I will be painting the grill black. I can't decide if I want it glossy like the Wild Track grill or flat black to match the bumper and fender flares and such.
Edit: I also removed the front crash bars since they were so easy to get to.

0QSNH1f.jpg

Imgonein60

Outer Banks
First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt, 21Bronco,22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just like many of you I still have an order in for my "Perfect Bronco". I actually had 2 Bronco orders and let my wife get hers first (Big Bend 4-door Soft Top). My order is for a BASE MANSQUATCH 2 Door, but I was quick enough on the draw to pick up this TOTALED Bronco Badlands 2 Door Manual with LUX package for $32,695 shipped to my door. It's mileage was 2,127 when it came into my possession. I think it was "totaled" because every panel has some damage and there are multiple sensors missing/broken that deal with parking, lane keeping, collision avoidance, etc. I am hoping to use FORScan to clear those out permanently.

Edit Update: Vehicle sold by Stephens Auto Center in West Virginia on 06/30/22. This vehicle had an accident on 09/17/22 in Virginia. "Left Side Impact With Another Vehicle." Accident Report # 2022004279.

I'll probably be keeping a running tab of prices in this thread in order to keep myself from going too crazy with the restoration/modifications. It will be down to the penny because I'm OCD like that. I will also be subtracting items I may sell off in the future (Badlands optional wheels, right LED tail light, et.)

Vehicle:______($31,900 + $795 shipping)__ $32,695.00
5 Tires 37x12.0R17:__________________________$1,624.61 (Interco Blem List)
Ford Performance ProCal 4__________________$651.09 (Lethal Performance)
ProFlow Blow Off Valve_______________________$89.90 (Steeda)
Oracle Flush Tail Lights:______________________$404.96
Oracle Illuminated B-R-O-N-C-O lettering:__$232.50
Bronco Rear Corner Panel:___________________$117.10 (Local FORD Dealer)
2 Proximity Sensors for Front Bumper_______$253.00 (Local FORD Dealer)
Blind Spot Monitor Sensor____________________$74.10 (eBay)
FORScan Adapter plug:_______________________$37.62 (Amazon)
BRONCBUSTER:______________________________$300.00 (B6G Member)
Donut Spacer Kit:____________________________$150.00 (B6G Member)
Havoc Steel Rear Bumper:___________________$488.25
Havoc Steel Front Winch Bumper:___________$976.70
SOLD D-Rings:______________________________-$58.00 (B6G Member)
SOLD LED Tails:_____________________________-$140.00 (B6G Member)
Running Total:___________________________$37,896.83

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned 0QSNH1f

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned 0QSNH1f

That’s an awesome find👍🏽👍🏽

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got to work on my grill last night and today. I just used superglue and some clamps to hold the broken pieces together. I sanded the glue down and applied 2 coats of Satin Black rattle can paint to it. Let that dry for an hour and then installed the Oracle lighted B-R-O-N-C-O letters. The wires were not long enough for me to connect them all together, so this evening I'm going to hot glue gun the wiring behind the grill and route them so the red wires are nearly invisible, then connect them together. I'll probably run these to an AUX switch.

Qi7Fpxa.jpg

1aSIrrh.jpg

p9BzVSG.jpg

thattrue32

Badlands
First Name
Erny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1932 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just received the OEM taillights that I bought from Eric (thread starter) such a smooth transition and the passenger tail light that I needed was immaculate so it worked out perfectly! Thanks again Eric.
- Erny

OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday. I took care of only minor items while I wait on parts to arrive. Here I installed the Ranger EcoBoost engine cover and the Steeda blow off valve. Eazy peezy stuff for sure. I want to hear the engine go "pew pew".

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned oA4e5IC

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned r3z4DB

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Next on the agenda was getting the Mustang Blind Spot Monitor to fit where the Bronco monitor was. I also tried my hand at paint matching the corner cover piece. Not to bad IMO. I just need to clip it all together and pop it into place.

XUsDvoN.jpg

JxWV35S.jpg

PO0W1Z4.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm re-purposing my old orange winch to use on the Bronco. I had some leftover velocity blue paint, so I figured why not make it match? I'm letting it fully cure for a few days before I try and reassemble it. If I don't like how it looks on the Bronco, Satin Black is easy enough to cover it up with. It was cold in the garage and I over sprayed the motor a bit and it got runny. Lucky for me the paint run will be the bottom side and not seen after being mounted.

7WP6IbJ.jpg

i8apYYQ.jpg

HD0sNon.jpg

q3GNpTU.jpg

OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Havoc Bumpers showed up last night. I've purchased off-road steel bumpers before and I must say that Havoc boxed and shipped these with the UTMOST CARE!! Great Job!! They arrived together on a 6 foot pallet. I'm looking forward to getting these installed this weekend. These even came with sensor holes for all my LUX stuff.

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned uXFAvh6

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned hM7CiPZ

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned 4eBF3A6

OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installation of the front and rear Havoc bumpers took some time. My Bronco came with the LUX, so carefully removing all the sensors and wire harness was a pain. The bumpers did a great job for the sensor locations, but no thought for how to keep the wire harness clean and out of site. I'll have to buy some of those sticky backed zip tie mounts. I really appreciate the extra frame support brackets that come in with the front bumper. These will give me peace of mind when I ever need to use the winch.
2 complaints, 1: they are only the width of the body, so now the fender flares look like they stick out even farther. 2: one of the welded nuts meant for mounting the winch bracket/basket was messed up. I tried to chase the thread with an M12x1.75 tap but it wouldn't even start in the hole. I am now relying on 3 bolts in sheer to keep my winch on the bumper.

BuscazU.jpg

n7ki6TQ.jpg

OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the ORACLE rear tail lights installed and had to go through the whole FORScan re-programming. It requires the "Extended License" to make the updates. You can request a 2 month Free Trial directly through www.forscan.org and they will email it to you in about 30 minutes. I guess I got lucky and everything worked out the first time through.

I also ran the ORACLE B-R-O-N-C-O grill lights to AUX Switch #6. They are impossible to see during the day light, so no point in wiring them in to be constantly on. I used the purple wire next to the radiator and connected to the yellow/orange wire next to the firewall. I figured 5 Amp was plenty.