First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Top of The World trail was probably my personal favorite. Only for the fact that it had such an awesome view plus I got to meet many of the B6G crew at the Top.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quick little change that gives me peace of mind. I reduced the travel amount on my rear door to protect my passenger brake light from my Jerry Can. I just got a strip of aluminum and drilled a hole for the M8x1.25 bolt that originally located the gas strut. I then threaded an M8x1.25 hole for the gas strut ball to thread into the aluminum. I drilled a third hole to just clear the button head bolt that goes to something I don't know, so I didn't want to risk removing it. I then drilled a thru hole in the bottom of my door to allow the long threaded strut ball to pass through. It does the job.

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned 8qmUrvT

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned GDx51GK

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned RGUVwDq

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned WRRUfZL

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is an example of what not to do LOL.
I tried to install my Trickflate 300 upside down on my rear cargo basket. I was so proud of myself, showed it off to my buddy and my wife, went to shut the door and *CRACK*!! I mounted it too far back and couldn't shut the door :rolleyes: Not all is lost though. I might be able to just mount it normally from above if I can clear the speaker pod.

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned ZIVY9mU

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned V2f57P9

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned 78GVCgb

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick little change that gives me peace of mind. I reduced the travel amount on my rear door to protect my passenger brake light from my Jerry Can. I just got a strip of aluminum and drilled a hole for the M8x1.25 bolt that originally located the gas strut. I then threaded an M8x1.25 hole for the gas strut ball in thread into the aluminum. I drilled a third hole to just clear the button head bolt that go to something I don't know, so I didn't want to risk removing it. I then drill a thru hole in the bottom of my door to allow the long strut ball to pass through. It does the job.
Nooo! You have to spend hundreds on a kit!

I'm totally stealing that idea.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is an example of what not to do LOL.
I tried to install my Trickflate 300 upside down on my rear cargo basket. I was so proud of myself, showed it off to my buddy and my wife, went to shut the door and *CRACK*!! I mounted it too far back and couldn't shut the door :rolleyes:

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned 78GVCgb

Whoops. That bump out gets me every time. It looks good there otherwise.

Sponsored

Mudlight

Base
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Quick little change that gives me peace of mind. I reduced the travel amount on my rear door to protect my passenger brake light from my Jerry Can. I just got a strip of aluminum and drilled a hole for the M8x1.25 bolt that originally located the gas strut. I then threaded an M8x1.25 hole for the gas strut ball to thread into the aluminum. I drilled a third hole to just clear the button head bolt that goes to something I don't know, so I didn't want to risk removing it. I then drilled a thru hole in the bottom of my door to allow the long threaded strut ball to pass through. It does the job.

This is great! I am looking into getting a shorter gas strut for my rear door. Found some at O'reilly auto parts.

OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did get around to mounting my TrickFlate 300 normally. I was able to use the same holes I had previously drilled. It fits perfectly snug. I did remove the lift handle though for a little more clearance to my speaker pod. Next comes the permanent wiring solution. I'm impressed with the sizing and performance of the copper wiring of the TrickFlate. I used it last weekend to air up after off-roading and the wires stayed cool. The jumper cables I used to reach my battery, however, got burning hot LOL. I may be buying some high end amplifier wiring and run it to my tailgate area.

OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got tired of my antennae hitting the top of the garage so I made a modification. I never really listen to AM/FM anymore, so this was Free. :cool: ;)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did some minor off-roading in Disney, OK. last weekend. My front diff lock is now showing as a Gray Light and not Yellow like my rear locker. It definitely was not engaging for me, so I probably need to do some checks of it before my next outing.

OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what the dash icon looks like when the front locker does not engage.
Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned IMG_8377

OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Believe it or not, the goonzquad guys video #11 is the only thing I could find regarding the Bronco front diff and locker. I'll be doing what they did starting at minute 2 of the video. Theirs is locked in, whereas mine is locked out, but I will check my connector for damage first before I tear everything apart.

OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Minor update. I am no longer going to carry a spare. The added weight and lost space inside my Bronco was just too much with a 2-door. I did some lurking on Pirate 4x4 and discovered the concept of an inner tube. I spent $40 on a tube that should fit my 37's in the case of a blowout. I already keep long bead tools in my rig for winching in sand, so this is just a switch from a 150lb spare to a 5lb tube. My TrickFlate 300 provides me with onboard air.