UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Let us know how it rock crawls and handles mud bogs.
Not into mud bogging and only light rock crawling. I'm sure the roof won't leak from a drive through car wash or deteriorate with hot or cold weather though ;)
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Long story short, I just pre-ordered a R1S.

Have a Bronco pre-order but wanted a warthog. Ford can't build Bronco right so was thinking warthog gonna take till 2024 or later. Then decided to look at raptor which optioned with 37s and v6 is over 100k. Would want raptor R but would be way more expensive and out next year. Started doing some research and then it finally hit me......R1S.

Crazy performance, cheaper than hummer ev, nicer and more off road worthy than tesla, rarity and wow factor.

Have not got rid of Bronco pre-order yet but R1S due to be delivered in 2022 January.
Wow factor indeed. Impressed, your call whether it is a negative or positive impression.

Over/under on it being the next automaker to go bankrupt. Opinions?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not into mud bogging and only light rock crawling. I'm sure the roof won't leak from a drive through car wash or deteriorate with hot or cold weather though ;)
Other than batteries love hot and cold, not.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
UniBroncorn

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow factor indeed. Impressed, your call whether it is a negative or positive impression.

Amazon and Ford have already provided capital among others.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's a battery
F that

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I were forced to buy an EV this would be it. Not the same application at all as the Bronco, but I think they’re cool as hell. Not everyone’s taste. In fact it may be a small minority’s taste, but I think they look good. The weirdness makes it look cool.

I intend to keep an ICE stable for the rest of my life, but if/when having an EV becomes a necessity something like the R1S would be my pick. Enjoy it OP it’s a neat ride.

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

amazon has huge order of delivery vans from rivian

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
amazon has huge order of delivery vans from rivian
Of course. But lacking the infrastructure of the electrical grid to support all electric transportation, I'm sure they'll be firing up their diesel generators to charge them....

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Of course. But lacking the infrastructure of the electrical grid to support all electric transportation, I'm sure they'll be firing up their diesel generators to charge them....
They just need to charge each day overnight and run long enough for a delivery route every day, we will see.

Amazon invested more than $1 billion in Rivian and ordered 100,000 electric delivery vans from the company

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want to see them in action, warts and all, they were used in the' long way up' motorcyle series as chase trucks for the harley live wires that were ridden up the length of south america by Ewan mcgregor and Charley Boorman. Actually fared pretty well for very early pre-production. Story about it here

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Long story short, I just pre-ordered a R1S.

Have a Bronco pre-order but wanted a warthog. Ford can't build Bronco right so was thinking warthog gonna take till 2024 or later. Then decided to look at raptor which optioned with 37s and v6 is over 100k. Would want raptor R but would be way more expensive and out next year. Started doing some research and then it finally hit me......R1S.

Crazy performance, cheaper than hummer ev, nicer and more off road worthy than tesla, rarity and wow factor.

Have not got rid of Bronco pre-order yet but R1S due to be delivered in 2022 January.
Except the front of it looks like a Japanese emoji.

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I were forced to buy an EV this would be it. Not the same application at all as the Bronco, but I think they’re cool as hell. Not everyone’s taste. In fact it may be a small minority’s taste, but I think they look good. The weirdness makes it look cool.

I intend to keep an ICE stable for the rest of my life, but if/when having an EV becomes a necessity something like the R1S would be my pick. Enjoy it OP it’s a neat ride.
Sponsored