Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not a fan of the grill area either. I was really disappointed in the look of the cyber truck. I love the specs on the EVs but right now, the Ford is the only one I'm liking the way it looks.
Sponsored

Ft.S

First Name
Ft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I went to the Rivian site and for fun configured myself a build. Had to do the truck since it was cheaper than the SUV (and better looking). My build came to $102k!😯

Guess I won't be getting a Rivian any time soon. I will just wait for my $35k Bronco.😍
To reach that price for a Rivian, you must have clicked on every possible option. However, for a $35K Bronco, you must have picked none of the options :p Yes, Rivian is more expensive but has a lot more capabilities than the Bronco too. The value equation is different for everyone.

2021 Raptor with 37's and 801a (luxury) is $82k? Checking every option box is $90k. Nowhere near the $100k mark.
Along the same lines: Most are paying $5-15K ADM on the new Raptors, whereas for the Rivian you get a $7500 tax break and do not have to deal with the BS of dealers as an added bonus. Then there are the running costs for EVs in general. If you travel an average of 12K miles per year, your savings over a petrol car will be between $3 to 5K per year on fuel and maintenance/up-keep. If you look at operating costs of EVs vs. petrol cars, the numbers start to reverse themselves ;)

Sponsored

Ft.S

First Name
Ft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Now we all know how that story unfolded for the Bronco, right? Very capable in many way without a doubt. However, you can find it in you to give some credit where it is due to a luxury SUV ;)

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Now we all know how that story unfolded for the Bronco, right? Very capable in many way without a doubt. However, you can find it in you to give some credit where it is due to a luxury SUV ;)
No doubt, but Bronco6g is not about Orange County, Manhattan Beach or Zuma Beach, it's about off-road capability, to go miles from nowhere and take you to the trail less traveled.

OP
OP
UniBroncorn

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No doubt, but Bronco6g is not about Orange County, Manhattan Beach or Zuma Beach, it's about off-road capability, to go miles from nowhere and take you to the trail less traveled.
Thinking of maybe getting a side by side or quad for more extreme crawling and rivian can tow it.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would literally sell my family to buy this I love it
Lol, it looks like a Bronco flavored Unimog which is absolutely tits

As for the R1S, I like it. The tech is very cool and the design is at least interesting (but i tend to enjoy polarizing auto designs).

IMO it's more of a Defender competitor than a Bronco though, and I doubt it's first generation is going to be as capable as the Defender is. Plus who knows how long it will take them to truly ramp up production, it's going to be years before some resevations actually see delivery I'd put money on that.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

with that small gas tank we aint going so many more miles then a rivian

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow factor indeed. Impressed, your call whether it is a negative or positive impression.

Over/under on it being the next automaker to go bankrupt. Opinions?
I think they will do okay if they can get the R1S and the truck to market without major production issues. Tesla has survived with the idea of "refined" electric sports cars(don't get me started on fit and finish). Rivian should do well since they are solely focused on the adventure off-road types and that market is on fire.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 6G Bronco I would run solely on OC and LA streets is the 2-door base model. No frills, great mpg, and the ability to go cruising down PCH in the SoCal sun with the top off.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs