Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey Y'all

I've already ran my Bronco through its paces in the mud/dirt/rocks at Holly Oaks Off Road Park.
I plan on taking Friday off and day-tripping to Silver Lake Sand Dunes.

Suggestions on tire pressure? Some sites suggest all the way down to 10 psi, others are saying 20 psi... quite the variance.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
20 is sufficient.

gjproducer

Badlands
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Y'all

I've already ran my Bronco through its paces in the mud/dirt/rocks at Holly Oaks Off Road Park.

Suggestions on tire pressure? Some sites suggest all the way down to 10 psi, others are saying 20 psi... quite the variance.

Any ideas?
Make sure to post your trip report in Michigan Bronco Club. I'd like to go someday when the horse arrives in the stable.

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Y'all

Any ideas?
It really depends on the type of tire, size of the tires and wheels, weight of the vehicle, and the type of driving.

For me, the fear isn't so much losing the bead, but actually pinching the sidewall. So in the faster stuff, more air is called for. If you're driving pretty gentle, then you can go much lower.

In my experience, you can't even call anything over 20psi airing down. All the magic really starts below that. For straight traction and flotation, lower is better.

I would start at 20, then drop a few PSI if needed until you find the sweet spot and gain confidence. If you get stuck, don't be scared to air way down into the single digits help get unstuck. On my EB with 36x12.50R15, I'd run 10-12psi. In the snow I run 2-4psi.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It depends on the sand.

As others have said... 18-20 PSI is usually just fine for the usual typical sand... but if you have really fine sand (like in Sand Hollow in southern Utah) I've had to go down to 9 PSI before it get anywhere.
Sponsored