First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After comparing multiple builds I believe I have decided to get a SAS build. Was going to try to do a lift and or add tires but it would essentially cost about the same as adding SAS and I will get more with it.

With all that said I need the mid package and want the dual mod/soft tops. Which build do you believe gives the best value. Seems in the end they all are very similar priced after SAS.

I am leaning toward the BD build as I like the interior best. Won’t get the sig lights would be the con.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since mid pkg is a need for you, base is out. Considering if you add the HD steel front bumper, bash plates, and rock rails to a BB, a BD is less than $800 more for mgv seats and washout floors, or if you add the sig lights on top of the armor to the BB, it's the same price. Sig lights vs no worries top down caught in the rain, it's a no brainer to me. But if you really like the sig lights, don't want body protection, and don't plan on top off driving much, then BB I guess.

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't understand the spread sheet, sorry.
Could you explain it for this simpleton?
Thank you.

Biteyk9s

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To oversimplify: those are lease residual values ... or in other words, the contractual value of the car after the term of the lease. Higher the number, the less the depreciation. Even if not leasing, should be a good guide as to [what the bank thinks] the value will be after a few years.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am leaning toward the BD build as I like the interior best.
I think it really does come down to the interior. It's the most tangible difference between the trim levels.
I spec'd out each trim level the way I'd want it, but then decided I didn't like the seats and/or interior of the upper 4 trims. Which left the Base and Big Bend, and I'll go with the latter. However, I'm going to order a 2022, so I'm going to have to re-evaluate when the time comes.

Sponsored

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My priorities were about the same, with the BD. I priced them all out with the options I wanted many times.... add on and leaving out stuff but always came back to BD.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure how a Solid Axle Swap would effect the value....

Now, if you're talking about a Squatch....depends on your priorities. If driveline trumps creature comforts then BaseSquatch it is .......Squatch any other trim and you end up REALLLLY close to Badlands every time, and a base Badlands IS SQUATCHED , so , if you want heated seats or whatever(Mid), all roads lead to the Badlands.

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BB is going to be a better value unless your are going to be doing some serious rock crawling and need the heavy duty skids/bumper of the BD. The sig lights and heavy duty bumper/bash plate are about the same price so which do you value more and you should have your answer.

That being said I think the non sasquatched BD with a rear locker and mid is a fantastic value but once you start adding sas it changes things.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After comparing multiple builds I believe I have decided to get a SAS build. Was going to try to do a lift and or add tires but it would essentially cost about the same as adding SAS and I will get more with it.

With all that said I need the mid package and want the dual mod/soft tops. Which build do you believe gives the best value. Seems in the end they all are very similar priced after SAS.

I am leaning toward the BD build as I like the interior best. Won’t get the sig lights would be the con.

Any thoughts?
Solid axle swap???
I know you mean Squatch, but please.
SAS is something a Jeep person would say. Lol
Sponsored