Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To be fair, your opening post implied you were comparing 2-door 2.3/MT Badlands vs samscratch, however, you sure as heck didn't say so.
Methinks you are giving him waaaay too much credit here. I don't believe for a second that he was comparing anything more than the look of his "normal" BL to a miscellaneous squatched one he saw on the street and has no actual information about.
Sponsored

roboticsrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A few people looked at the technical spec sheets and identified it as a rare sweet spot of options/hardware/kit to dollar ratio.

Have seen dozens of folks post up their rigs in the 2-door section that are Badlands 2.3/MT. And I look forward to my opportunity to join that rare demographic.
This is exactly where we are as well, after a ton of back and forth on the specs and trims, we landed on a 2-Door Badlands 2.3/7MT non-sas.

However, as many have stated already, if you're getting an Auto in your Badlands, then the sas is in my opinion, very worthwhile, largely because of the gearing. Were we to order with an automatic, we'd also go with the 2.7 as well, but then you're looking at a nearly $10k delta from our current order.

We're concerned with being rolled to a MY23, as that pricing and spec sweet spot of the BL+7MT w/high may simply not exist (we've no price protection, early 2022 order date), but that's another discussion altogether.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just drove up next to a sas'd badlands with my normal one. The difference is barely there. If anything the tires on the sas are simply wider than they give you any ride height advantage. If you want bigger tires and are getting a badlands save the money and skip the sas imo. 4000 dollar waste of money on the badlands trim.

Not bashing anybody who has this , simply saying the regular badlands tires are massive and people cant really see it in pictures and ford sales material. In fact in that sales material the tires look much much smaller than they appear in real life.
#BuyersRegret

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry copper but it looks like it was. Where do you think the quotes came from :sneaky:
What was being discussed is that on the a*tos the Badlands has 4.46 gears and the Badsquatch has 4.70 gears, while both the Badman and Badmansquatch have the same 4.70.

To add, for an extra $2,500 the increased gear ratio likely makes sense for many a*to buyers. The mansquatch penalty coupled with the same gear ratios likely doesn't make the jump to sas worthwhile for many manual buyers though.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

#BuyersRegret
This, 100%! It's likely also the reason OP is acting like an asshat towards the poor soul whose Wildtrak was recently mangled by a drunk driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.