First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
higher lift on the suspension, fender flares, gearing, better(opinion) wheels and 35 inch tires. If going the 2.7 it's a no brainer because as I mentioned before all that is $2500. Here is a line item breakdown of my order, notice the 0 charge for automatic transmission even though it's a V6. The trans price was factored into Sasquatch.
Yup, I figured that I didn’t really need SAS when we ordered our 2.7 Badlands. So we ordered it without non-SAS.

Back in May, we needed to get another vehicle. (Just like most, we thought our might be delivered by then, but we still didn’t have a VIN.) I thought about getting a sport or a jeep until our Bronco came in. Luckily, my wife knew I didn’t really want either of those and we searched for a Bronco for sale and found a new one with our exact build except it was SAS and Carb Grey.

We bought it thinking that we could decide if we wanted to keep it or trade it for our reserved order.

On July 1 we received our VIN and a supposed 8/8 build date.

Which one do you think we’re keeping after driving the SAS Badlands…?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Did you get the Sasquatch package?"
- "Oh, hell yeah"

That's why.
That's a lot easier than a no followed by an explanation of how the Badlands is basically the same thing.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

badlands does not have 4.7 gears so if you ever want to run 37s then 4.7 is much better than 4.46 when running 37s.
correct me if im wrong but if you want 37s is 4.7 "just good enough" or not what you would actually pick if you had to get new gearing
We’ll find out when the Raptors are released.

That said if you go non-SAS 7MT Badlands, you get 4.7’s.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a lot easier than a no followed by an explanation of how the Badlands is basically the same thing.
That's like buying a Bronco Sport, and having to explain that it's "sTiLl A bRoNcO."

Same as buying a 4 door :love: 🤣 :cautious:

Sponsored

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yup, in addition to the SAS looking better and being more capable, I knew that every time I would mention that I had a Bronco, the first question will be "did you get the sasquatch package?" And fortunately I don't have to be the guy who says "No, but... blah blah blah."

And every time I'd pull up next to another Bronco with Sasquatch, I'd be thinking "Sh!t, why didn't I just get the Sasquatch..." as the other guy looks down on me.

That said, the Badlands non-Sas with the BF Goodrich TA/KO's is a close second place. But as they say... go big or go home.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
all im arguing is for the money the difference is not there for the badlands
That's the beauty part of having different trim levels and options. You can buy the Bronco that you want. For me, I wanted my Bronco to be ready to go and and not have to fuck around with modifications so it was well worth it.

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

what was take rate on 7mt 2.3 Badlands again? I bet nearly ziltch. You're trying to move goalposts.
At one point I pivoted the initial B6G order spreadsheet and 7MT had a higher take rate on Badlands and BD.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just drove up next to a sas'd badlands with my normal one. The difference is barely there. If anything the tires on the sas are simply wider than they give you any ride height advantage. If you want bigger tires and are getting a badlands save the money and skip the sas imo. 4000 dollar waste of money on the badlands trim.

Not bashing anybody who has this , simply saying the regular badlands tires are massive and people cant really see it in pictures and ford sales material. In fact in that sales material the tires look much much smaller than they appear in real life.
Well, in terms of actual real usage, Sas/Badlands functionalities probably don't make sense for half the people buying them.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get whatever you want and what you can afford. If you plan to replace all the wheels/tires/suspension anyways then don’t get the Sas. But out the dealer driveway, if you want to go wheeling, sas package is worth it. All depends on what you plan to do in your bronco. A lot of people might not even see offroad trails so a badlands trim might not even be worth it tbh. To each their own but I have no regrets getting a badlands w Sasquatch and have fun up in locally in big bear, CA area and on my recent trip to Moab.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Regearing and adding 35's out of the gate on a standard BL was more than the Squatch pkg.
Especially on an auto trans.
Even simply moving up to 5 pcs of 35" tires was going to run really close to $2K and then regearing on top of that.
So out of the gate, ready to go you get a tiny amount of lift, 35's, and better gearing that is covered under the manuf. warranty.
It may not seem like much, or practical to those who won't use the added ground clearance that the little bit of lift and 35's gives.
But to those of us who were wanting to use it immediately without having to spend money aftermarket, have it covered under warranty, etc. it made all the sense for about $2500 at the end of the day.
Plus you got the wider flares to keep you lawful in a lot of locations.
Either way, either one isn't a bad choice for those who want what each brings to the table.
I paid for it, am happy I did, YMMV.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Counterpoint- Why order a Badlands at all when the Basesquatch exists? MGV and smaller wheels for an extra $7k?
You get quite a bit of bells and whistles when splurging for the badlands compared to basesquatch.

Is it hardware critical to driving off road and/or to the mall? No.

finally somebody who gets it
To be fair, your opening post implied you were comparing 2-door 2.3/MT Badlands vs samscratch, however, you sure as heck didn't say so.

Clarifying your post to be accurate to what your thought/feeling actually was instead of assumptions would be nice.

what was take rate on 7mt 2.3 Badlands again? I bet nearly ziltch. You're trying to move goalposts.
Higher than you would think.

A few people looked at the technical spec sheets and identified it as a rare sweet spot of options/hardware/kit to dollar ratio.

Have seen dozens of folks post up their rigs in the 2-door section that are Badlands 2.3/MT. And I look forward to my opportunity to join that rare demographic.

Status
Not open for further replies.