Sponsored

Sasquarch roof racks restricted from factory due to issues with GVWR; can still be installed aftermarket

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Please, this has not been verified.

Yes I know someone said they talked to a dealer / heard from a dealer but every single other thread prior to BNP release of anyone ’talking to a dealer’ has been wrong, way off or full of mis-information, and there s some vague language about GVWR in the FAQs.

But, until it’s officially verified in a real communication/email from Ford that this exactly WHY we cannot get a rack on a Sas/2.7, it’s just a rumor. This may be the reason or it may be another reason but let’s wait til we hear before everyone saying this IS the reason. I reserve the right to accept that GVWR is the reason but again, I won’t accept it until it’s verified.

Hoping it’s a BNP bug/error.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please, this has not been verified.

Yes I know someone said they talked to a dealer / heard from a dealer but every single other thread prior to BNP release of anyone ’talking to a dealer’ has been wrong, way off or full of mis-information.

Until it’s officially verified in a real communication/email from Ford that this exactly WHY we cannot get a rack on a Sas/2.7, it’s just a rumor. This may be the reason or it may be another reason but let’s wait til we hear before everyone saying this IS the reason. I reserve the right to accept that GVWR is the reason but again, I won’t accept it until it’s verified.
From Ford:
Why do certain models prohibit some accessories?

..... We engineered Bronco for maximum off-road capability and GVWR restrictions may limit combinations of certain accessories.

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From Ford:

..... We engineered Bronco for maximum off-road capability and GVWR restrictions may limit combinations of certain accessories.

link?

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From Ford:

Thank you, agree and saw that but that is not definitive as to why no rack with Sas. If I get Sas w 2.3 it still doesn’t let us add a rack and the weight difference between 2.3 to 2.7 should more than be enough to add the rack. the 2.3 is aluminum block and the 2.7 is cast iron.

Sponsored

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have a Bronco for every customer. Many Bronco accessory items can be added during or after vehicle delivery at the dealer. We engineered Bronco for maximum off-road capability and GVWR restrictions may limit combinations of certain accessories.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It could also be due to concerns about higher center of gravity on a lifted version. Jeep got hammered by rollover claims back in the day, and even quit making the CJ-5 partly as a result. Maybe Ford wants to avoid that sort of thing. As a Ford product spokesperson, I would never let the phrase "rollover concern" escape my lips. Instead its "GVWR concerns", yeah that's it. ;)

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

yes rollover concerns. Testing still in progress, that’s what they built all those Broncos for recently, various safety testing. Hopefully everything passes and we get our roof rack options soon.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Sasquarch roof racks restricted from factory due to issues with GVWR; can still be installed aftermarket 2EAD20FF-619E-4AC3-8A31-9709D59F2E9C

Also it’s not just a B&P error. We’ve literally known this since reveal day.(This spec sheet was released by Ford on reveal night) So yes we don’t know for sure it’s due to GVWR, but all the evidence points that way.

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Sasquarch roof racks restricted from factory due to issues with GVWR; can still be installed aftermarket 20201025_220051
You can have 2 door Bronco SAS + rack. The same height, even higher.
Fords documents show sliiiiiightly taller with 4 door on most trims.
Roof rack on a Wildtrak would be 78.8/78.7. So, guess that's not it.