Sponsored

Sasquarch roof racks restricted from factory due to issues with GVWR; can still be installed aftermarket

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Correct but YOU were referring the position-sensitive dampers and HOSS as being the problem. Those are the same on Badlands as they are with Sasquach. The disconnecting sway bar is a Badlands and first edition only feature and has nothing to do with the position-sensitive dampers and HOSS. I think it's worth noting that the disconnecting sway bar is only functional under 20 MPH.
True. I'm just conversing as I read stuff and positing plausible theories. Just working through things logically and welcome any additional information or perspectives. I don't even have skin in this game, since I'm planning to get a OBX non-squatch. I just can't help trying to analyze the available data. I don't have any inside information, only the stuff everyone can read.

We don't know that the Badlands position-sensitive dampers are the same as those on the Sasquatch, or that they are not. I was toying around on Bilsteins website and they have several models of position-sensitive dampers, but I remember reading that they designed new ones specifically for the Bronco. We know that the coilovers are the same, but the Sasquatch has 10mm less coil travel than the Badlands and Badlands has the sway bar disconnect and accompanying mechanism, which would impact the other parts of the suspension (at least in the front). Maybe that extra coil travel allows the Badlands to add the 10 Speed Auto and keep the roof rack, but tacking on the 2.7 is just too much weight for managing suspension travel in both directions with the off-road tuned suspensions with these position-sensitive dampers.
Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
GVWR= wife or beer = Sorry honey I'll see you when I get back ?

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So would any of these theories also be tied to the lack of towing option on the FE?

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm sure this is posted somewhere in this thread already, but for the people thinking that the sasquatch roof rack thing is new the below stats are from the spec page that ford released in July. The 2 numbers are for the 2 door vs 4 door.

Capture.PNG

Sponsored

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
True. I'm just conversing as I read stuff and positing plausible theories. Just working through things logically and welcome any additional information or perspectives. I don't even have skin in this game, since I'm planning to get a OBX non-squatch. I just can't help trying to analyze the available data. I don't have any inside information, only the stuff everyone can read.

We don't know that the Badlands position-sensitive dampers are the same as those on the Sasquatch, or that they are not. I was toying around on Bilsteins website and they have several models of position-sensitive dampers, but I remember reading that they designed new ones specifically for the Bronco. We know that the coilovers are the same, but the Sasquatch has 10mm less coil travel than the Badlands and Badlands has the sway bar disconnect and accompanying mechanism, which would impact the other parts of the suspension (at least in the front). Maybe that extra coil travel allows the Badlands to add the 10 Speed Auto and keep the roof rack, but tacking on the 2.7 is just too much weight for managing suspension travel in both directions with the off-road tuned suspensions with these position-sensitive dampers.
Bilstein had a representative at the Bronco Super Show East. They had a cut away of the shock and stated it was what was on the Bronco. You are correct, they limit the travel of the suspension with the 35's. Another member on the forum stated that was done with the bump stop which would leave the other components the same. Ford is keeping things a simple as possable. If they get too many shock options, that adds complexity which they don't like. As we talk about all the negatives with Sasquach, i'm considering just keeping the 33's on badlands. If I ever need more, I can put on a 2" lift and 35's and not lose any travel.

BisonInTexas

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious if anyone is thinking about dropping to a 2.3 over the 2.7 to get rails + deadener?
I am. Either going manual BL or going OB with 2.7 and the crappy tires until they need to be replaced.

kbertine

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone else find this strange? Why would the smaller engine only be selectable with the roof rack and sound deadening headliner? Is this another mistake on the B&P? I have been able to get everything except these two on my build. Another thing that would be nice is to get the beadlock wheels without having the Sasquatch package.

JesseFSU

Raptor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Hybrid 4x4 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah, it's been a common complaint along with others. I'm hoping to order the hardtop with sound deadening from the Ford parts department after my Bronco order/purchase in Dec.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Weeeird... I was able to add both to a few of my builds with a 2.7 on day 1 of B&P.

Sponsored

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BN post to their IG stories.....
Ford Bronco Sasquarch roof racks restricted from factory due to issues with GVWR; can still be installed aftermarket 258310EB-76B3-4970-9D20-B8A82A601D9F

Proof B&P is buggy or Ford just doesn’t understand how to disclose “concept/prototype” vehicles properly. Either answer is stupid at this point.

JK

Edit: apparently it may or may not be a Sasquatch -(possibly just big tire). Point still stands.

Last edited:

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
its not really buggy im pretty sure its legalism. They cant ship a car that is overweight out of the factory (correct me if im wrong)

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Headliner issue appears to be a glitch in the B&P. Only on the Badlands trim, are you not able to add the sound deadening headliner if you have the 2.7L engine. Other trims, this is not an issue.

The roof rack on any squatched vehicle appears to be a non-starter due to weight restrictions, not a glitch.
Sponsored