Sponsored

Sasquarch roof racks restricted from factory due to issues with GVWR; can still be installed aftermarket

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
High and Lux packages come with "additional sound deadening materials." So there's that.
Those are supposed to be around the firewall of the motor compartment, not the headliner.
Sponsored

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BN post to their IG stories.....
258310EB-76B3-4970-9D20-B8A82A601D9F.jpeg

Proof B&P is buggy or Ford just doesn’t understand how to disclose “concept/prototype” vehicles properly. Either answer is stupid at this point.

JK
2.3.. aftermarket wheels and tires... accessories will get shipped to the dealership if they are to big/heavy to throw in the vehicle.

Stompr

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This one is not sasquatched, its a regular badlands that they put 35's on. It was explained in the walkaround video.
It is a Sasquatch with aftermarket Ko3”s

Sponsored

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This one is not sasquatched, its a regular badlands that they put 35's on. It was explained in the walkaround video.
Then, again, not properly disclosed - it looks Sasquatched. People see this and assume it’s a Sas. (I did and I’m following all this fairly closely)?‍♂

It just looks poorly on Ford that they hype 200 accessories and it’s “built wild” and “their most capable Bronco yet” but it can’t handle a silly roof rack.

I understand the aftermarket and I’m not all that worried about fitting one later - I’m simply commenting on the optics of it. “Rock star” design team kinda dropped the ball on this point.

JK

Stompr

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then, again, not properly disclosed - it looks Sasquatched. People see this and assume it’s a Sas. (I did and I’m following all this fairly closely)?‍♂

It just looks poorly on Ford that they hype 200 accessories and it’s “built wild” and “their most capable Bronco yet” but it can’t handle a silly roof rack.

I understand the aftermarket and I’m not all that worried about fitting one later - I’m simply commenting on the optics of it. “Rock star” design team kinda dropped the ball on this point.

JK
Watching the video now, the guy says, as he is explaining the tire upgrade, that this is a Sasquatch.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love how we can use the word "sasquatch" as every part of speech now. Noun, verb, adverb, gerund, doesn't matter. Would it work if we shortened it. "Hey, did you squatch it or not squatch it." So cool.

JK

atx_chance

Badlands
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 1993 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So are the restrictions linked to Sasquatch here because of the weight difference or height? If weight, I would be surprised if this bronco weighs less than a sasquatch bronco due to the steel bumpers and winch. If height is also a factor, yeah this one might be 1/2" less tall than a sasquatch.

Sponsored

BrianBormes

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Powerstroke Bronco, Cummins Bronco, LS Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Took me a while but I found the answer. This bronco is Squatched, but they did not have the sasquatch heavy duty front coil springs in that it should have hence the stuffed front tires.

"Folks that were there confirmed it with the Ford reps. It was sas package, less the heavier coil springs."

"Ford shit the bed and didn't have the sas heaveier duty coils (that provide the lift) on that A51 "overland" thing."

If you want to read 44 pages of people arguing about this here is the link: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...pics-from-super-celebration-east.6326/page-42

steevenk

Black Diamond
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Took me a while but I found the answer. This bronco is Squatched, but they did not have the sasquatch heavy duty front coil springs in that it should have hence the stuffed front tires.

"Folks that were there confirmed it with the Ford reps. It was sas package, less the heavier coil springs."

"Ford shit the bed and didn't have the sas heaveier duty coils (that provide the lift) on that A51 "overland" thing."

If you want to read 44 pages of people arguing about this here is the link: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...pics-from-super-celebration-east.6326/page-42
The rear looks pretty stuffed too through?

For what it is worth, the fenders are the Sasquatch ones too.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jesus just buy the damn rack either when you order or just after it arrives. The thing installs in minutes and is not worth all this whining.

BrianBormes

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Powerstroke Bronco, Cummins Bronco, LS Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes from what I gathered on the other forums about this is that it is squatched, but just doesn't have the heavier duty lift coils, which applies to the rear as well. If a bronco has squatch fenders, but not the coils it is really a squatch??
The answer is more elusive than Sasquatch himself.

I wish Ford would give people a better break down on sasquatch components, like do they lower the front diff to compensate for increased CV joint angle?

The rear looks pretty stuffed too through?

For what it is worth, the fenders are the Sasquatch ones too.
Sponsored