Sponsored

Sasquarch roof racks restricted from factory due to issues with GVWR; can still be installed aftermarket

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just to post the same thing - I definitely want the rack and I am afraid we will not be able to get it separately for a good while.
So I think I am opting for the roof rack and non SASq. Since I do not need hardcore SAS - I will go with aftermarket basic lift and 34 or 35" tires later at a later point.

Anyone see issue with that plan ?

1604071463906.png
Time and money...it would be easier to add a roof rack later, and cheaper. Cost a lot more later to add lift, 35" tires, lockers, wheels...and a lot more work.
If you need the roof rack right away, I can see that going with your plan though.
Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Isn
Fourth, if you put that roof rack on through your dealer at a later date and get into an accident or a rollover good luck on getting your insurance to cover anything.

My guess is they either didn't account for or didn't correctly estimate the added weight or rollover possibilities with adding the rack and any of the associated weight it could handle when accounting for the Sasquatch package.

isn't that the same risk as adding an aftermarket lift or even slightly larger tires ?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fourth, if you put that roof rack on through your dealer at a later date and get into an accident or a rollover good luck on getting your insurance to cover anything.
That's just made up drama....insurance will cover it, mods or not. Roof rack or not. Silly.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone consider it's not a weight or balance issue but an overall vehicle height issue that would put it over some obscure vehicle classification limit?

Sponsored

Lainez

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No rack with 4-door 2.7 or sas is one of the main things that may keep me from them. Can't justify the Bronco vs a truck for family camping if we can't take all our gear.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Time and money...it would be easier to add a roof rack later, and cheaper. Cost a lot more later to add lift, 35" tires, lockers, wheels...and a lot more work.
If you need the roof rack right away, I can see that going with your plan though.

Yeah - just need a slight lift and 35" - may some spacers for the lift - I won't go hardcore offroading either. Just has to be stable on the road.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone consider it's not a weight or balance issue but an overall vehicle height issue that would put it over some obscure vehicle classification limit?
I did, but then I remembered you can equip it on the same height 2 door SAS. I believe its just some dude at Ford who keeps turning things on and off on the site to screw with us lol.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My guess is they either didn't account for or didn't correctly estimate the added weight or rollover possibilities with adding the rack and any of the associated weight it could handle when accounting for the Sasquatch package.
Are you saying that your insurance company is not going to cover your accident bc they will go an research if your roof rack was illegal or something?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm not an expert in that sort of obscure regulation but I wouldn't think so as even a Sasquatch is still some 6" shorter than some Super Duty models.

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would say the one reason we still get these is because Ford and Mike Levine have refused to comment or reply to a request on "Why" this is. Yes we have the B&P which says you can't configure it. We have an obscure line on how some accessories cant be installed because of GVWR. But they have not responded to the 1000's of tweets and questions looking for some clarity. If your happy with the info you have, just avoid these threads for now. And the final reason why its an issue is the likelyhood of Ford having stock of parts for the Bronco while their in the middle of turning out 1000's of Broncos is very small. If you don't get it with your Bronco your likely looking at 6 months to get a part. So basically anyone who wants to take a trip and load up the rack is SoL for 6 months.

Last edited:

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like I’m winning on the “attention whoring” based on likes ?

apparently you did not comprehend my point nor took the time to do so rather you just wanted to imply you know more by throwing out arbitrary numbers.

My point by my “ive modified...” comment Was stating that I’m more than capable of modifying/adding a rack later but I’d rather have the factory rack. Rather, you IMPLIED or ASSUMED something completely different and you were incorrect about the point I was making.

Next of your your useless comments was attempting to show (I guess) your superior physics expertise. Again, you got it wrong Bc NOT ONCE did I say Ford did not have a reason for offering racks on some trucks and not others. You ASSUMED that. I simply said it is a bad business decision, gave MY reasons why, and asked Ford to figure it out. It was giving substance to our wants. I mean, I know I’m a lowly moron that transferred out of the Louisville speed school to get one of those ignorant accounting degrees but I can put thoughts together.

Lastly, what is YOUR purpose here? My purpose is to discuss the BUSINESS SIDE of the roof rack debacle. I’m fine with a civil debate. The “Dickhead” comments made were not productive nor civil. They were comments made to dismiss something that person didn’t care about. Well, that person should have UNDERSTOOD that others might care about it. And your input here is doing NOTHING constructive either.

Many posts have been made in hopes of getting Ford to rethink decisions they have made. That was the point here. Not to debate with dickheads that think they know better than everyone elese. Or that have all day to read every line of every forum so they can be a dick when someone that works for a living makes a comment that someone else has made a day before on page 23 of an 81 page thread.

Well, technically I am retired and disabled, so that's how I have so much time to spend here. Also, just googled the 5.5M number.

The business side:
It probably cost Ford around $590 million when the Explorers were rolling over and 271 people died and Firestone was ready with up to $800M. I don't think $300 roof racks or other accessories will make up for another roll-over fiasco.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firestone_and_Ford_tire_controversy

It could all be another "glitch" but if you can get an audience with Mr. Farley and show him the business plan, I bet many people--at least two dozen--will be very proud of you; myself included.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m looking to Ford to build a Bronco. I’m not hiring them to build a website for me. While I agree website issues aren’t ideal, it is the quality of the Bronco build that counts.

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m looking to Ford to build a Bronco. I’m not hiring them to build a website for me. While I agree website issues aren’t ideal, it is the quality of the Bronco build that counts.
And FORDS website guides us on how to build a bronco. If there are any discrepancies or mistakes, it leads us to think certain options arent available to us that actual may be
Sponsored