Sponsored

Sasquatch/2.7 and Roof Rails... Add later?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sorry Ken.. can you please point to the pdf? Sorry.. cannot find it.
I haven't seen 'GVWR' specifically called out by Ford but it's one of only a couple things that could really explain it. But there is this, which is effectively stating no roof rack on 4 door squatch

Ford Bronco Sasquatch/2.7 and Roof Rails... Add later? 20201024_143934
Sponsored

PlayUltimate

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota. 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven't seen 'GVWR' specifically called out by Ford but it's one of only a couple things that could really explain it. But there is this, which is effectively stating no roof rack on 4 door squatch

Ford Bronco Sasquatch/2.7 and Roof Rails... Add later? Screenshot_20201024-160811_Drive
Understood on tire size... but even Not squatch with 285’s are exempt with roof rails and sound deadener. I guess the question is if this is a vehicle weight or engineering issue... I just really want to hold kayaks and skis/snow boards on the roof... question is if I can add later so factory isn’t liable? .. or is this an engineering issue making things unsafe for some reason? I guess I can go with the 2.3 but would prefer the 2.7 from what I have read on the boards.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Understood on tire size... but even Not squatch with 285’s are exempt with roof rails and sound deadener. I guess the question is if this is a vehicle weight or engineering issue... I just really want to hold kayaks and skis/snow boards on the roof... question is if I can add later so factory isn’t liable? .. or is this an engineering issue making things unsafe for some reason? I guess I can go with the 2.3 but would prefer the 2.7 from what I have read on the boards.
Doubtful that this machine is, or could be, any tippier than CJ5/7 or Bronco II with a lightly loaded roof rack.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm confused because I've seen others say you can't get roof rails with 2.7L/sasquatch. I haven't had that issue with any of the builds I've done. It is strange I can't have light pods with the light bar or the fact if I have the large basket and want lights on the basket I have to remove the $360 basket and get the basket and lights for $60...

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm confused because I've seen others say you can't get roof rails with 2.7L/sasquatch. I haven't had that issue with any of the builds I've done. It is strange I can't have light pods with the light bar or the fact if I have the large basket and want lights on the basket I have to remove the $360 basket and get the basket and lights for $60...
I think this is a 4 door problem because of the soft top being standard. Maybe the hard top and roof rails have not been linked in build and price...

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this is a 4 door problem because of the soft top being standard. Maybe the hard top and roof rails have not been linked in build and price...
gotcha...I've been pricing 2dr...

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Doubtful that this machine is, or could be, any tippier than CJ5/7 or Bronco II with a lightly loaded roof rack.
The whole thing doesn’t make any sense, why would a 4-door be less stable than a 2-door? And the roof rails can’t add any real additional weight by themselves, And I don’t think the 4-door Sasquatch would be taller than a 2-door Sasquatch? Something is just fishy.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That paint protection film weighs a TON.
Obviously some options have nothing to do with GVWR. Some are likely bugs in B/P. While others are to push buyer's to choose higher trims/options.

Why do certain models prohibit some accessories?
We have a Bronco for every customer. Many Bronco accessory items can be added during or after vehicle delivery at the dealer. We engineered Bronco for maximum off-road capability and GVWR restrictions may limit combinations of certain accessories.
Ford Bronco Product FAQ

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The whole thing doesn’t make any sense, why would a 4-door be less stable than a 2-door? And the roof rails can’t add any real additional weight by themselves, And I don’t think the 4-door Sasquatch would be taller than a 2-door Sasquatch? Something is just fishy.
It's not the rails.. it is that Ford says you can put X lbs on them. So if someone loads that up to what Ford says they came... bam.. lawsuite.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Obviously some options have nothing to do with GVWR. Some are likely bugs in B/P. While others are to push buyer's to choose higher trims/options.
But do we actually know that these are bugs? Who can we actually trust to give us straight answers?

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think Ford doesn't want you to get hurt loading stuff on the roof with the higher SAS package???

saltyNarwhal

Wildtrak
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On the Badlands it not only want let you have the Roof rails but also The Sound deadening Headliner. I was like ok roof rails maybe due to to much flex but the sound deadening headliner thats just crazy talk. Anyone have an better idea then flex?
The odd thing is I am pretty sure you can add the sound deadening in the wildtrak which has the 2.7 and the sasquatch package standard.
Sponsored