Sponsored

Sasquatch/2.7 and Roof Rails... Add later?

MtnBronc

Badlands
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know there are a lot of people unhappy for various reasons with the B&P tool and what combination of options we are limited to. I just want to know what people think about the option of adding roof rails after purchase since it's not available with either the Sasquatch Package, or the 2.7 engine? I have no experience with this, but assume it would be fairly easy to add after the fact?
Sponsored

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know there are a lot of people unhappy for various reasons with the B&P tool and what combination of options we are limited to. I just want to know what people think about the option of adding roof rails after purchase since it's not available with either the Sasquatch Package, or the 2.7 engine? I have no experience with this, but assume it would be fairly easy to add after the fact?
Following....this is the strangest thing I saw in B&P

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Following....this is the strangest thing I saw in B&P
I thought not being able to get paint film protection with Sasquatch was bizarre....

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

With Wrangler you will have to drill holes on the roof, the good thing about the Bronco Roof rail was this was a factory option which didnt require any drilling.

May be Rhino Rack or Gobi Rack will have an option to leverage the same mounting points as factory racks, this probably won't happen till 2022 or later..

Sponsored

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the Badlands it not only want let you have the Roof rails but also The Sound deadening Headliner. I was like ok roof rails maybe due to to much flex but the sound deadening headliner thats just crazy talk. Anyone have an better idea then flex?

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought not being able to get paint film protection with Sasquatch was bizarre....
Seen that also was thinking maybe the different fender flares get in the way. Just an guess.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the Badlands it not only want let you have the Roof rails but also The Sound deadening Headliner. I was like ok roof rails maybe due to to much flex but the sound deadening headliner thats just crazy talk. Anyone have an better idea then flex?
You get the headliner if you go to high package. There's lots of combinations that will be allowed that are just a little wonky on the B&P site. Have patience.

Chris

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I notice the same thing. I cannot get a roof rack or roof rails with the 2.7liter engine. I imagine this has got to be an error. But as of this morning it is not corrected...

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a rumor that it has to do with gross vehicle weight delivery restrictions. Bigger engine, more suspension components, vehicle starts exceeding the limits of what Ford can deliver and stay in vehicle class.

Could also be a glitch in the Matrix.

Either way, the fitment is the same, so I'm just going to order the rack from my dealership and install it after delivery.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There's a rumor that it has to do with gross vehicle weight delivery restrictions. Bigger engine, more suspension components, vehicle starts exceeding the limits of what Ford can deliver and stay in vehicle class.

Could also be a glitch in the Matrix.

Either way, the fitment is the same, so I'm just going to order the rack from my dealership and install it after delivery.
It is not a rumor. There is a GVWR. It was in the PDF last night.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry Ken.. can you please point to the pdf? Sorry.. cannot find it.
I tried to find it, but I can't. I'm not the only one that read it. @AK SNO RIDER @Nickp are just a few that read the same disclaimer on the GVWR. It seems there were only a few that caught it.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Headliner is available on the outerbanks and wildtrak with the 2.7 BUT not on the Badlands with the 2.7.

and I don't know why

I was thinking the headliner not available with the 2.7?? HUH?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Order it at the part desk - just don't mention the word "Sasquatch". :alien: :LOL: :devilish:
Sponsored