First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2, 1991 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The mid-size and awesome boxy looks are precisely the reasons I'm buying a Bronco. I can't stand huge vehicles. Almost all modern trucks/4x4s are far too bloated for no justifiable reason. I've been eyeing the Land Rover Defender market for years, and the Bronco is the biggest reason I've been holding out. It's 90% as cool as a Defender, while being cheaper, more reliable/easier to maintain, more capable, and able to be financed rather than dropping $50-100k cash.

If you want a larger 4x4 than the Bronco, go buy a Raptor. You need to appreciate just how incredible the Bronco is. It's objectively the best looking and most brilliantly designed (not over-styled, exceptional packaging) sub-$60k vehicle on the market in well over a decade.

1598973178985.png

Can anyone confirm what tire size this is?

If these are 33"s, I no longer want the Sasquatch package (which I couldn't get with a manual anyway). To me, this wheel/tire/ride height looks perfect.
I agree.
Sponsored

TOWMA8R

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ECOBOOST F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A couple real concerns I have:

1. This vehicle is small. The two door is especially tiny.
2. The looks are starting to fade on me.

Maybe it’s that we keep seeing black Frankenstein pre-production models with mismatched parts and colors. Or, every spy shot we see has Broncos that are beat to hell. Or the grey hardtop. Not sure, but I’m definitely not as excited by the looks as I originally was.

Im sure I’m not the only one feeling this way, and this is the big risk Ford takes by taking FOREVER to get it to market. If they were available, one would be in my garage already.

Agreed,I was so trying to talk the wife into switching to a 2 door Sasquatch, but now, the 4 door Sasquatch is Peeeerfect......... more so after all the videos, post and pictures. If I wasn't married I would be all over the 2 door as a weekend trail rig.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Maybe it’s that we keep seeing black Frankenstein pre-production models with mismatched parts and colors. Or, every spy shot we see has Broncos that are beat to hell. Or the grey hardtop. Not sure, but I’m definitely not as excited by the looks as I originally was.

Im sure I’m not the only one feeling this way, and this is the big risk Ford takes by taking FOREVER to get it to market. If they were available, one would be in my garage already.
This is not a small vehicle and even in the 2 door SASQ version it makes full grown men of average size look like midgets sitting in it.

The proportions are so good that the cohesiveness of the entire vehicle makes it appear small when there is no person in the picture to give it the proper scale.

It is arguably the best looking SUV I have ever seen and that includes Mercedes G and Porsche Macan/Cayenne and the FJ40.

5099D5AA-0C33-4752-97E4-4F86BA7AB325.jpeg

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

bk1287

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can't get into the gray top with the black exterior. Then again, not many colors get my excited about the grey top. I feel like catcus grey is one of the few colors where the grey top doesn't look bad.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After seeing this Squatched-out 4-Door, I think I may have to switch to the 4-Door model. The Sasquatch Package on the 4-Door just looks so right and mean. I hate to move to the 4-Door because a proper Bronco is 2-Door, but the 4-Door looks a lot better and more proportionate. I can't believe I'm saying this.....

Pebkac

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There's another welded piece of metal on the front at the begining of the clip, likely something for testing. If it had a cracked frame it would be dismantled at engineering for analysis, not on the road.

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 11.14.22 AM.png

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It’s not that small. I’m a 4-door buyer from day 1, but seeing the 2-door in person made me realize I could live with the 2-door no problem.

Sponsored

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is definitely small for an SUV. It's a foot shorter than my Corolla and has a three inch shorter wheelbase.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Now you know how women feel.
Alot of people are going to be upset when they realize how small the Bronco really is.
I prefer the term “fun sized”...thank you!! ??
I’m looking forward to how small it is. I think it’s perfect! Me and my fun sized ride!! I def don’t miss my 4 door of a boat wrangler!

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe they got the flake for Tuxedo Black near Fukushima and have not been able to since the meltdown. I think '15 was the last year for it? But agree that black was great
The tsunami and Fukushima meltdown was the reason there was no 2012 model year Land Cruiser.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alot of people are going to be upset when they realize how small the Bronco really is.
To put it in perspective, and assuming my calculations are correct, the 2dr Bronco is about a foot longer than the original broncos. And the OG Broncos are still cool from every angle.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can't get into the gray top with the black exterior. Then again, not many colors get my excited about the grey top. I feel like catcus grey is one of the few colors where the grey top doesn't look bad.
That's one of the reasons I'm going with Cactus Gray. I'm not paying $1900 for a nicer roof so I want a color that doesn't look bad with the MIC top.
Sponsored