Sponsored

Sasquatch - 2-Door Base vs Big Bend: $4,485 Price Difference?

OP
OP
howardde

howardde

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for all the replies - a lot to think about. As someone mentioned, when you factor in Sasquatch, the bigger wheels/tires, as well as the fog lamps, that come with BB don't matter anymore as both Base and BB have the same Sasquatch wheels/tires unless I'm missing something and the Heavy Duty Modular Front Bumper I'm getting eliminates the fog lamps on the BB. So, for summary, for an extra $4,485 on the BB, I'd be getting:
  • Grab Bar (which looks like you could add aftermarket as there are plugs as far as I can see where it goes in the Base)
  • Leather-wrapped steering wheel
  • Different grill (white BRONCO lettering)
  • Tinted rear windows
  • 6th G.O.A.T. mode
  • Enhanced Voice Recognition for the 8" touchscreen
And yet, it's not an easy choice, because the only standard items above that I want are the leather-wrapped steering wheel and tinted rear windows, but it unlocks the ability to buy heated seats and dual A/C controls through the Mid Package. That said, those 6 items above aren't worth anywhere close to $4,485.

I'm going to study the Mid Package again today and see if I can justify doing the BB with the Mid Package and upgraded headlamps ($46,555) over the Base, as I'd spec it ($39,780) --- a $6,775 difference. Also, I've noted a ton of people have opted for the 2.7 Engine. Are people worried the truck is underpowered for its weight? If I opted for the Base, with the 2.7 Engine and my options, I'd be at $41,675.

Last question, does anyone understand the difference between the Floor Liners – Front and Rear with Carpet Mats (versus without)? Does it simply mean it's exactly the same, you just get extra Carpet Mats?
Sponsored

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got the 2.7 and it is fun, but probably not needed. It accelerates faster than a Bronco should. It’s not a race car.

Doc Rocket

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Base, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for all the replies - a lot to think about. As someone mentioned, when you factor in Sasquatch, the bigger wheels/tires, as well as the fog lamps, that come with BB don't matter anymore as both Base and BB have the same Sasquatch wheels/tires unless I'm missing something and the Heavy Duty Modular Front Bumper I'm getting eliminates the fog lamps on the BB. So, for summary, for an extra $4,485 on the BB, I'd be getting:
  • Grab Bar (which looks like you could add aftermarket as there are plugs as far as I can see where it goes in the Base)
  • Leather-wrapped steering wheel
  • Different grill (white BRONCO lettering)
  • Tinted rear windows
  • 6th G.O.A.T. mode
  • Enhanced Voice Recognition for the 8" touchscreen
And yet, it's not an easy choice, because the only standard items above that I want are the leather-wrapped steering wheel and tinted rear windows, but it unlocks the ability to buy heated seats and dual A/C controls through the Mid Package. That said, those 6 items above aren't worth anywhere close to $4,485.

I'm going to study the Mid Package again today and see if I can justify doing the BB with the Mid Package and upgraded headlamps ($46,555) over the Base, as I'd spec it ($39,780) --- a $6,775 difference. Also, I've noted a ton of people have opted for the 2.7 Engine. Are people worried the truck is underpowered for its weight? If I opted for the Base, with the 2.7 Engine and my options, I'd be at $41,675.

Last question, does anyone understand the difference between the Floor Liners – Front and Rear with Carpet Mats (versus without)? Does it simply mean it's exactly the same, you just get extra Carpet Mats?
Up front, I have a 2-Door, Base, Sasquatch, 2.3L, auto. I wouldn't change a thing, personnally. I was not considering the mid-package, as I did not want the auto A/C or the heated seats, and the rest of the package was not my thing. For me, the leather steering wheel (and shift knob), grab bar and tinted windows were the only differences I thought about, and definitely not worth the $4500 for me. Tint all around was about $400 installed, and I installed a leather wrap on the wheel for about $20, which I am happy with. Not sure I am missing anything with the grab handle either. However, you may feel differently (your money, your choices).
On the 2.7L v-6, I did not feel it was worth the cost, and having had the I-4 for 2.5 months now, and about 1800 miles, I still don't think I needed the extra power. I think the 2.3L has more than enough (if your perspective is a Mustang GT, you may feel differently).
The floor liners come in a with carpet or a with ruber mats version (most trims vs. Black Diamond/Badlands). I got the floor liners for carpet and got the carpet mats also (standard). The without carpet mats are slightly different apparently, because the floors are a bit different without carpet.
I don't think you can really go wrong on trim if the Bronco is your jam to begin with.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Grab Bar (which looks like you could add aftermarket as there are plugs as far as I can see where it goes in the Base) -$50 if you even want it, the location doesn't even make sense, the aftermarket will come up with something better than a ill-placed passenger grab bar

• Leather-wrapped steering wheel -$75

• Different grill (white BRONCO lettering) -it's a push

• Tinted rear windows -$200

• 6th G.O.A.T. mode -use the scan tool, and unlock all modes...

• Enhanced Voice Recognition for the 8" touchscreen - no value to me, fill in a number
-Heated seats, maybe $500 installed??
-Dual climate control, look to your right and say "if your to cold/hot, close your vent."

--- a $6,775 difference................... Now take your extra $5950 and buy something you actually want.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

lot of people leaving out that you get the 360 camera with it when add mid package
360 camera is shown only to be offered on the high and lux package.

As far as the base goes. It’s the best bang for your buck. I was sold on a Basesquatch. That said, I still ordered the BB SAS. Wife wanted the mid amenities and liked the signature head/taillights. I don’t think it’s worth 6K more but the mid package does add a lot.

Oh, and I hated the BB grille originally, but I’ve grown to love it. I now think it’s the best looking grille.

94A94082-C76E-411A-9EB2-AAFFB02D6BD1.jpeg

640D1334-404A-4851-B33F-93B8B59A1C1B.jpeg

Not mine

Sponsored

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

• Grab Bar (which looks like you could add aftermarket as there are plugs as far as I can see where it goes in the Base) -$50 if you even want it, the location doesn't even make sense, the aftermarket will come up with something better than a ill-placed passenger grab bar

• Leather-wrapped steering wheel -$75

• Different grill (white BRONCO lettering) -it's a push

• Tinted rear windows -$200

• 6th G.O.A.T. mode -use the scan tool, and unlock all modes...

• Enhanced Voice Recognition for the 8" touchscreen - no value to me, fill in a number
-Heated seats, maybe $500 installed??
-Dual climate control, look to your right and say "if your to cold/hot, close your vent."

--- a $6,775 difference................... Now take your extra $5950 and buy something you actually want.
This is the way. Aftermarket Katzskins are available with heat. Get the baseSquatch with the V6, and you’ll be set.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

360 camera is shown only to be offered on the high and lux package.

As far as the base goes. It’s the best bang for your buck. I was sold on a Basesquatch. That said, I still ordered the BB SAS. Wife wanted the mid amenities and liked the signature head/taillights. I don’t think it’s worth 6K more but the mid package does add a lot.

Oh, and I hated the BB grille originally, but I’ve grown to love it. I now think it’s the best looking grille.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch - 2-Door Base vs Big Bend: $4,485 Price Difference? 640D1334-404A-4851-B33F-93B8B59A1C1B

Ford Bronco Sasquatch - 2-Door Base vs Big Bend: $4,485 Price Difference? 640D1334-404A-4851-B33F-93B8B59A1C1B

Not mine
the B&P shows in mid package that it includes the Ford co-pilot 360 but the B&P could be wrong would not surprise me .I like the BB grill but not a fan of it being gray but maybe it look better in person .

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

the B&P shows in mid package that it includes the Ford co-pilot 360 but the B&P could be wrong would not surprise me .I like the BB grill but not a fan of it being gray but maybe it look better in person .

umm, the co-pilot 360 is not the same thing as the 360 degree camera. Two totally different things.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As someone here mentioned already the Base exists for Ford to advertise a nice low price. There is no doubting it is a great value for the money, and I’d bet it’s the model with the smallest margins for Ford. That said there is a nice list of creature comforts you get in a mid BB that lots of people look for, and when you look at what you get for the price it’s still very reasonable when compared to the competition. One big thing with the BB over the Base which gets left out often is the BB unlocks the locking rear diff which adds a good amount of capability for a small amount of money. If you want a vehicle with solid off-road ability, don’t need Sasquatch, and would like a good amount of creature comforts the BB becomes a great value.

Last edited:

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think it depends on if you really need Sasquatch. My wife and I don't. Stepping up the Big Bend just opens up more options.

Last time I calculated the pricing (manual trans, 2-door), for about the same money as a ZERO option BASE Sasquatch ($38,880), you can get/option a Big Bend with:

~The upgraded wheels and tires from Base
~Window tint
~Leather wheel
~Grab handle
~Tow package
~Switches
~REAR LOCKER
~Bumper & guard
~LED Headlamps
~Roof rack
~Fog lights and some other trinkets

For $38,850. I think with the rear locker (and maybe some upgraded tires) would make a very capable, versatile, and reasonably optioned vehicle that would suit the needs of 95% of the people who buy it.

Sponsored

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Having lived with both a base and a mid pkg black diamond for a while now, and Having my forever Bronco still on order here are my thoughts…

1. I’m keeping my order where it’s at- Base with SAS, 2.7, mod bumper, aux. The original base I had for a while had no options except auto trans, and I really like the mod bumper over having to replace aftermarket. Same goes for aux switches, this is a no-brainer option.

2. I love the heated MGV seats in the black diamond, I will be adding heated Katzkins to the base when it arrives.

3. The only option in the mid package that I will miss by staying with Base are the blind spot monitors, but for the tremendous savings I’m willing to make that sacrifice

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am more interested in actual off roading than on roading So the fancy stuff means little to me. I would have paid for the mid package if it was available on the base but no way it is worth an extra $4k+ to move up trim levels. I can buy a lot of needed actual off road equipment for those dollars...but if ya are about on roading maybe the lux package is what ya need. Of course about any actual suv would be a better pick than a Bronco for that use.

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's good to see that others see the pricing game the same as I did.
Part of my decision to order the base was actually the base wheels. I might be weird but I like them and to get something similar I would have to go to Black Diamond. It's annoying that to do that I have to spend another 4K or so and then spend another $1500 for a mid package. I wanted my next vehicle to have a heated steering wheel like my brides Sport but that pushes you up to OBX and and optional package so then I'm well into the 40's and not worth it to me when I can buy a lot of really good gloves for that money.
I ordered my base with the easy no brainers, the bumper gets you the updated skid plates, the switches will come in handy for the Katskinz heated covers and nice tires to fit the steelie rims won't be that expensive.
For those of us who remember the Broncos of old-the base is darn well equipped by comparison.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
At reservation time, I knew I wanted a Bronco. I wanted one that would look like the Gen 1- as I had two of them back in the 70's. My very first two vehicles I owned. Two door and base resembles pretty good the original.

I'm near retirement, I can barely afford to get one but got a Basesquatch with 2.7. I needed the 2.7 with the crazy lead foot drivers around here so I don't get run over. My 70's Broncos were absolutely fine. Manual transmission, roll down windows, no cruise, etc. Apple Car Play, screens, electric windows- jeez that's lux enough for me and all on the base. And I don't have to lock the hubs either. So base is pretty lux to me, LOL

OP
OP
howardde

howardde

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm the original poster - thanks for everyone's responses as it helped me make my decision. What it came down to was could I justify spending an extra $4,485 for heated seats and dual climate zone? I couldn't justify it, as much as I wanted those options. Further, because I ordered a Black Bronco, I really wanted the black "BRONCO" lettering on the front grill. So, I ended up converting my August 2021 reservation into an order in late December 2021 for the following:

Base 2-door in Black $30,095
  • Front Bumper – Ford Performance Heavy-Duty Modular
    $825
  • Upgraded Front Steel Bash Plates
    $Incl.
  • Brush Guard
    $300
  • Roof Rails w/Crossbars
    $365
  • Cargo Area Protector
    $120
  • Auxiliary Switches in Overhead Console with Front Map Lights
    $195
  • Floor Liners – Front and Rear with Carpet Mats (what is the difference for the one w/o carpet mats; they're same price?)
    $160
  • 10-Speed SelectShift® Automatic Transmission
    $0
  • Sasquatch™ Package
    $6,590
  • Destination & Delivery
    $1,495
TOTAL PRICE BASE (2-Door)
= $40,145
Sponsored