Sponsored

Sasquatch - 2-Door Base vs Big Bend: $4,485 Price Difference?

Tripodbruno

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any idea what the Katzkin seats with the heated/cool option, installed run price$ wise? Don't want to provide personal info just for a price quote.
Sponsored

4dtrkman

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have been all over on ordering BL to BD SAS to BB SAS I think this post just put everything in perspective I’ve owned everything from a Base Ranger to an XLT 150 and Now a Lariat. Honestly half the extras annoy me more than see comforts. I am changing my order tomorrow to a Base SAS. Thanks for all the info guys 👍🏻

Benzito

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any idea what the Katzkin seats with the heated/cool option, installed run price$ wise? Don't want to provide personal info just for a price quote.
$1650 or so for leather, add about $450 for heat (2DR).

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No tow package on Base is a problem for me. I need 7 pin, so... I'm in a bind. I'm 99 waiting it out and see what the aftermarket 7 pin cost is after a good solution arises. Right now I'm leaning BD, if there was a gun to my head and needing to order. 🤷‍♂️
I skipped right over Big Bend and was between BaseSquatch and BD non squatch.

I am happy I stuck with Base although the choice wasn't easy. For me, there are A LOT of compromises that come with driving a Bronco and spending $5k or $8k or $15K wasn't going to fix those compromises - to me it probably would have aggravated me more that I spent $65k on a Bronco instead of $45k.

Base was all I needed and I am happy.
My 2021 order was for a non-squatch Black Diamond because I could get Squatch with a manual.

But when I had to reorder I went with Basemansquatch. 😍

For 2021 the extra money also gave you more exterior color choices, but for 2022 all the colors are available on the base.

If you're only deciding between Base and Big Bend, Big Bend gives you a leather steering wheel, tinted windows, the third grab handle, sandstone interior option, fog lights, and a better front bumper plus the option to add signature headlights, 7-pin tow package, and the Mid-Package if you don't option for a manual.

It all depends of which things are important to you.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you're only deciding between Base and Big Bend, Big Bend gives you a leather steering wheel, tinted windows, the third grab handle, sandstone interior option, fog lights, and a better front bumper plus the option to add signature headlights, 7-pin tow package, and the Mid-Package if you don't option for a manual.
Base/BB/OBX/WT all have the same front bumper (and all upgradable to the Mod bumper), just different inserts for fog lights or various sensors.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Basesquatch 2 door, mod bumper, 2.7, switches (biggest bargain in any build) Roof rails (just because) in at 40 and change. Free remote start through the app, (Love it, warm when I get in) Best bang for the buck. Other folks have different wants, needs gotta haves. For me, best equipped vehicle I've ever owned, but then again my P/U has crank windows and rubber floor...

Edit: price is up $2350 if ordered now...

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base/BB/OBX/WT all have the same front bumper (and all upgradable to the Mod bumper), just different inserts for fog lights or various sensors.
Oh, sorry. I guess I was thinking about the Black Diamond with the steel bumpers.🤪

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have three a base bronco 4 door , 2 dr Sasqatch and 2 dr badlands.They all seem the same after awhile.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I highly suggest not trying to logic your way into what you want. Decide what is important to your satisfaction with a vehicle you'll have for a while.

People also forget with the sasquatch it's not just wheels and tires. It's also the advanced transfer case, upgraded shocks, upgraded differentials, and front locker. $6k for that is a steal.

Also, consider that most of what you do aftermarket will cost more than if you just did it when you buy the vehicle.

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not the voice of reason for sure lol. Just remember you are custom ordering a vehicle, so check the boxes YOU want. It is shitty how Ford charges so much more for what is standard in most economy cars these days. Hell, it's even standard (or much cheaper) options on other Ford vehicles.

I went from a Base 2.3 SAS to OBX 2.7 SAS. I wanted the mid package and signature lighting after seeing the fleet of trims/series all together at Super Celebration East last year. I also wanted BLIS in my next vehicle. I have seen posts on here from some wishing they would have at least got mid for BLIS, especially on SAS. It's taller than most vehicles so your average Corolla or Civic is nearly impossible to see hiding below the belt-line in the blindspot.

OP
OP
howardde

howardde

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I picked up my 2DR, 2.7, Base Sasquatch three weeks ago and it is a dream to drive. It is almost identical to the wildtrack that I test drove. I don't see any reason to upgrade beyond a Base Sasquatch. Apple Carplay with google maps covers the navigation and you can add aftermarket leather seats from Katzkin and include the heated seats if you want to. I got quotes for window tint at $225 and it has already been confirmed that the signature headlights can be added later. I don't see any reason to spend almost $5k more for a leather steering wheel and an uglier grill.
Hi - I'm the original poster who asked the question of Base vs Big Bend. Just wanted to circle back and thank you for the above advice that you offered back in 2021. I ended up ordering the Basesquatch in Dec 2021 and finally received it in June 2023. I ended up aftermarket adding some of the stuff that was missing from the Base: tinted windows, passenger grab handle, black beauty rings on the wheels, etc. I'm still considering heated leather Katzkin's and the signature headlights. About a month in of ownership, I'd say I made right decision --- the dealer honored the original price of $40,100, which now apparently goes for $47k+ (but you can't even order b/c it's a Base). Thanks again
Ford Bronco Sasquatch - 2-Door Base vs Big Bend: $4,485 Price Difference? IMG_5510
Sponsored