bulliesindabronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
So I have laid off of complaining about the MIC tops, but this setup looks especially bad to me. The grill and bumper are black. The mirrors and fender flares appear to be about the same black. The beam the mirrors are attached to is grey. The b-pillar is black, but a different shade of black. The top is grey, so it's not even close to anything else on the truck.

I mean, is this really the plan? That looks pretty terrible. (The mismatched shades of black/grey I mean. The truck itself looks fine and I like the race red.)
it's metal and plastic and lighting variations, which changes the hue based on the photo - hopefully, we will be able to see some stock units in person in the spring of 2021 before our orders drop:)))

Advertisement

edgeflyer

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Definitely Race Red. It looks good in the 2-door trim, keeps it from looking like a fire truck which sometimes Race Red with too much surface area can do

Rapid Red is a tri-coat metallic with tinted layer, it will have a lot of depth and shimmer to the angles of material that a 2-stage paint cannot match. The Bronco pictured above has a 2-stage paint which is not metallic at all. It's Race Red.

Example of Rapid Red in assembly room lighting. Different allllllll over.

Rapid_Red_2021_Ford_Bronco_Badlands_Production_Factory[1].jpg
I think that's cactus grey.

BPMANAZ

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Clubs

The window sticker on mine when it shows up to the dealer better say a Hell of a lot more than NOT FOR SALE!! It better also say...NOT FOR TEST DRIVING....NOT FOR SITTING IN....NOT FOR KIDS TO GET THEIR STICKY FINGERS ALL OVER WHILE PARENTS WALK AROUND IT.

In fact, it should also say...BACK AWAY FROM THE BRONCO!!! OWNER EN ROUTE TO PICK VEHICLE UP!!!!

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 STX, 2015 Ford C-Max
Someone may have already asked this, but do we know if the silver ring on the sasquatch wheels is based on trim level? I don't mind the silver, but I like black better.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
So I have laid off of complaining about the MIC tops, but this setup looks especially bad to me. The grill and bumper are black. The mirrors and fender flares appear to be about the same black. The beam the mirrors are attached to is grey. The b-pillar is black, but a different shade of black. The top is grey, so it's not even close to anything else on the truck.

I mean, is this really the plan? That looks pretty terrible. (The mismatched shades of black/grey I mean. The truck itself looks fine and I like the race red.)
No laying off the becursed gray tops, we need to double and redouble our attacks on this abomination. BTW, the fenders look gray to me, not that this is OK in any universe.

cdoublev

Big Bend
First Name
Charlie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
For anyone complaint about the gray top. Having design elements darker at the bottom and lighten as you go up actually helps create an optical illusion of a taller stance. This is probably intentional (notice the bumper and rails are a darker black than the ”black” flares). This will make the bronco appear larger than it actually is.

A notable real world example of this is the castle at Disney World. To appear taller, the designers repainted the castle with lighter shades to the top. Check it out.

Reactions: rb.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Accord, (prior) 88 Bronco Custom 4.9
For anyone complaint about the gray top. Having design elements darker at the bottom and lighten as you go up actually helps create an optical illusion of a taller stance. This is probably intentional (notice the bumper and rails are a darker black than the ”black” flares). This will make the bronco appear larger than it actually is.

A notable real world example of this is the castle at Disney World. To appear taller, the designers repainted the castle with lighter shades to the top. Check it out.
This is a Bronco dammit, not some mickey mouse club car:ROFLMAO:

Advertisement

Advertisement