Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To improve off-road capabilities
Sorry, but your answer to the poster’s question is too vague, could you be more specific?. I could envision a lot of scenarios where wider would not be better.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like extra poke could also increase the risk of breaking a tie rod. I could be wrong though.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, at what point does the wheel offset effect the life of the wheel bearings?

0-Negative offset?

Reactions: TMP

RedShark32s

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I used 1.4" borne/mishimoto. Very similar results w/stock sas tires, when I switched to 37s I also used the beadlock rings, which, it is worth noting, moves the outboard sidewall outward by an inch or so, giving it just a little more "poke"
20220913_185205.jpg

I think it looks good, and functionally on trails the sidewall is the widest part of the vehicle (but not excessively so)
That's mean! What winch mount are you running? I'm digging the mini bull bar. Super functional.

Sponsored

TMP

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super Duty 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, at what point does the wheel offset effect the life of the wheel bearings?

0-Negative offset?
Any offset other then stock will effect wheel bearing life…..the further from stock the shorter the bearings life. How much shorter? You won’t now until they start to make that horrific sound as the eat themselves!

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the kind reply, what capabilities are improved beyond the factory engineered? Slightly wider track width for stability? More room for bigger tires and sharp turning? Articulation or “stuffing” clearance improvement?
It's purely for aesthetics.

Mountain Mike

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree with everyone. It looks better but its gonna be a future problem. I put wheel spacers on my F250 and the front wheel bearings ate themselves twice. I was noticing the rocks in your tires. My Sas tires have a handful of rocks ready to fire at all times.

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Even stock offsets will impact bearing life.

Non-SAS has +55 offset (apparently engineered for acceptable bearing life).
SAS has +30 offset (1 inch farther out than stock - shorter bearing life, so this is no good)

For all of those that are really worried about bearing life, why not get serious about it.
You can fit a 235 wide tire with a +80 offset on any Bronco. This would increase your bearing life way more than stock, and save you all kinds of headaches :unsure:.

A discussion always ensues when someone adds a wheel spacer. I never see this discussion when someone says that they picked out a +12 or zero offset wheel, but put on the same spacer and they won't be able make it to the mall.

There is a 95% chance that the OP's bearings will last as long as anyone elses, or perhaps not.

Sponsored

Bacon is Life

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX+Sas, 992 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As someone that had wheel "poke" on one of my Wranglers... I learned the hard way that the paint on lower doors will have ton of road acne in short order...sometimes digging through the clear down to primer. Either PPF your doors now, or yank the spacers. The look, IMHO, simply not worth it.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The additional offset will put a little more leverage on the tie rod ends if something is hit, it will also affect the scrub radius and have some affect on steering stability, mostly when off road and in 4 wheel drive.
Sponsored