First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The #1 cause of wheel bearing wear is driving the vehicle...if it's such a huge concern, just park the thing! The #1 cause of muddy doors is driving off road, if that's your main concern, stick to mall parking lots and you will be fine! For my part I bought a Bronco to have fun, and I get it that fun sometimes costs $.

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As someone that had wheel "poke" on one of my Wranglers... I learned the hard way that the paint on lower doors will have ton of road acne in short order...sometimes digging through the clear down to primer. Either PPF your doors now, or yank the spacers. The look, IMHO, simply not worth it.
Looks like the OP has aftermarket side steps. I’ve got the Ford steps and they’ve done a great job protecting my doors from rock chips

Sponsored

HarmCityHammer

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wheel bearings rarely go bad on Jeeps, they are about the best out of all of them...all go bad eventually (say 100k-150k miles). GM products are the most common. It seems like every GM vehicle I work on has at least one noisy wheel bearing. Ford has historically been somewhere in between, but of course it's too soon to tell how Bronco will do. If Ford researched what Jeep did to get reliable hub bearings, then they will be fine.
Completely different ball game… solid front axle and IFS…

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have never been comfortable with spacers. I feel it puts to much on bearings etc. looks good but just isn’t for me.
Please explain to me how a spacer puts more stress on wheel bearings than a wheel with an equivalent offset. I'm not a fan of spacers (for other reasons) but I can't see the difference.

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Please explain to me how a spacer puts more stress on wheel bearings than a wheel with an equivalent offset. I'm not a fan of spacers (for other reasons) but I can't see the difference.
I don’t know dude I’m not an engineer nor am I a mechanic.

I just know that if you add spacers you smoke your bearings.

Simple speak for what I see is a simple topic.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Completely different ball game… solid front axle and IFS…
KJ and WK are IFS. I think the point I'm trying to make is don't take GM's lack of quality as applied to the whole industry. If premature wheel bearing wear is something I gotta deal with, I will, but so far so good!

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Assuming a good mechanical connection, there is absolutely no difference whatsoever.

Ultimately it is the actual offset that determines the additional wear to the bearing. And in that regard, it is the forces that are important:
The moment is directly proportional to the radius.
The moment of inertia is proportional to the square of the radius.

I would personally be much more concernd about how offsets effect these forces on the spare tire carrier than the wheel bearing. And in an interesting twist, using spacers with stock wheels is much , much safer when it comes to your spare. Those who buy a zero offset aftermarket wheel are hanging the spare significantly further back (over 2" vs +55 offset). This is putting over 65% more dynamic load on the tailgate. And with a heavier tire most are more than twice the dynamic load of the stock spare.

In contrast, those with stock wheels and spacers just leave the spacer off of the spare when mounted on the back, and the tire stays tucked in nice and safe with no additional loading on the tailgate.

Take a guess which is more expensive to replace. A wheel bearing or:
Ford Bronco Sasquatch before and after 35mm wheel spacers 1665160924147
Sponsored